Chapter 6 – Demon’s Story + Jaejoong’s Words = Upsetting A Demon

Demon's PlayMate

-Your Pov-

I sat patiently in the living room, filled with anticipation and excitement.

‘Don’t you think you’re a little to over joyed for something like this…’ Jaejoong said, who was cleaning the room.

I smiled widely ‘Unni is going to be so pretty!’ I squealed happily

Jaejoong rolled his eyes ‘She’s just changing clothes.’ He stated

‘Clothes that I chose out for her~’ I corrected and let out a happy squeal ‘Omo I can’t wait!’

‘Can’t Wait, Can’t Wait!’ Junsu and Micky repeated after me while dancing around, which I happily joined them

‘Grow up why don’t you!’ Jaejoong said annoyed

‘Haha yeah…they’ve been like this for most of their lifetime. That isn’t going to change anytime soon.’ Max said laughing ‘or the next many millennium’

The living room door slide open, causing me to only feel more delighted by the most beautiful sight or more like the person before me.

I let out a loud squeal of joy and gave a bear hug to Jihyo. ‘Unni you’re so pretty!’ I beamed

‘Noona’s pretty~’ Junsu and Micky repeated after me with a wide grin.

Jihyo chuckled returning my hug ‘That’s cause you picked it out for Unni.’ She said

We both exchange warm smiles…but our lovely moment was ruin when Jaejoong fake out a cough

‘Shouldn’t you be leaving already?’ Jaejoong stated ‘You shouldn’t keep your appointments waiting.’

‘Ah yes…it is time’ Jihyo said nodding

Jihyo gave me a pat on the head ‘I’m leaving the shop to you.’ She said

I grinned ‘No worries Unni, We’ll look after it well’ I said ‘be safe on your journey, you too Max’

Max grinned and ruffled my head ‘I know.’ He said before leaving with Jihyo.

‘Unni was really pretty’ I sighed happily

‘She was.’ Junsu agreed grinning

‘She is.’ Micky agreed grinning

Jaejoong rolled his eyes ‘I don’t get why you’re admiring and look up to her so much’ he stated

‘Because, she’s awesome and the best best Unni ever!’ I cheered

‘Awesome and best Noona ever!’ Junsu and Micky cheered and ran around the house.

‘ Keep that up and you’ll become a fraud in no time’ Jaejoong said mockingly

Fraud…

I bite the inside of my mouth, not wanting the unpleasant feeling to surface and smiled

‘She’s super smart!’ I praised

‘Only about supernatural things.’ Jaejoong remarked ‘which isn’t really often needed in life. It’s Useless.’

Useless…

‘Unni does her best to help people.’ I said, forcing a smile

Jaejoong rolled his eyes ‘Help people? The last time I recall, I was in the hospital with one of the customer.’ He retorted ‘She’s an evil witch.’

No longer could I put on a smile. My hands clutched themselves into a fist.

‘Don’t say things like that about Unni.’ I said calmly, not wanting my anger to get the best of me.

Jaejoong who had been cleaning didn’t notice how his words had affected me.

‘Their the truth though.’ He stated ‘so I don’t really see why your looking up to her so much. Your worshiping her like she’s a god, when really she’s an evil swindling witch.’

- Jaejoong Pov -

I was cleaning…and the very next blink of an eye, I was tackled hard on to the ground. From the impact I groaned in pain, while so I felt pair of hands pinning me down to the ground, not letting me get back up. Angrily I wanted to scold at the person had done this…however, when I opened my eyes…I met growing blood red eyes.

I gasped startled by the sight.

‘Don’t you dare say those things about MY UNNI!’ Byul growled

I stared at her, speechless and frozen…because the aura that radiated off of her…was dangerous. It was heavy, making it hard for me to breathe…if that wasn’t enough her red blood eyes that were glaring murderous down at me, made my blood run cold and body unmoving.

This sight of her…it’s terrifying.

‘You don’t know anything, so don’t you dare speak so lightly of her as if you knew her by heart.’ She continued each word with venom.

My heart was pounding hard painfully in my chest. Fear was eating me.

But then…two pair of arms wrapped themselves around Byul’s sides.

‘Byul is scary.’ The owners of the arms said ‘Don’t be angry’

The grip on my shoulders loosen, the eyes that glared at me soften…losing its harsh glow and returned to their lighter red color.

I watched closely at her facial expression.

Her eyes trailed down, Head hung low ‘Sorry.’ I barely heard her soft apology

She stood up, making Junsu and Micky release their embrace and left the room.

‘What’s wrong with her?’ I questioned to no one in particular

 ‘Byul…is upset...’ Junsu whispered

I glance at the twins who both looked worried and sad.

‘Byul shouldn’t be upset.’ Micky added

I gave them both a questioning look ‘what? Why?’ I asked

The twins didn’t answer my question, they stood up and left the room.

I sat up, feeling completely confused. ‘What’s up with them all…’ I said to myself

-Later That Day-

It was quiet. It had been like that since this morning’s event, I didn’t see Byul after she had left and the twin were still wondering around the shop…but they weren’t as lively as before.

It was already past the after noon, Jihyo and Max haven’t returned from their earnings yet. I was in the kitchen preparing dinner…the quietness around me, it was hard to get use to. Finishing up dinner, I set everything up on the dinner table and then went to call the twins and Byul…

Knocking on her room door ‘Dinner is done.’ I said

There was no response.

I knocked again ‘Hey, Dinner is done. Come out and eat’ I said

Still no response.

‘Byul wants to be alone.’ The twins voices said

I faced them ‘Why the heck is she being like this.’ I said annoyed and face her room door again ‘YAH! It’s DINNER TIME! Don’t blame me when you starved yourself!’

‘What’s with all the ruckus around here…’ a voice stated

‘Unni and Max are home~’ the twins beamed happily

I let out a relieved sigh ‘Finally, someone who could control that girl.’ I thought happily

‘So what’s going on here?’ Max repeated

‘Jaejoong upset Byul’ the twin said

‘YAH! It’s wasn’t my fault!’ I snapped

Jihyo and Max both stared at me, giving me the ‘what have you done, seriously.’ Look.

I held my hands up in a defensive matter ‘REALLY! I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!’ I protested

‘You didn’t or you didn’t know what you did.’ Max stated

‘Go have dinner ahead.’ Jihyo said ‘I’ll go see Byul.’

-Jihyo Pov-

The twins, Max and Jaejoong listened to me and left, I made my way to Byul’s room and knocked gently on her door.

‘Unni, you are always welcome to come in. No need to knock.’ Byul’s voice answered from behind the door.

I smiled and entered. Upon entering, the lights were not on, the room was lid by the natural source of light through the window. Byul was on the ground near by the window embracing tightly onto a body length pillow.

‘Jaejoong had upset you, may I know why?’ I asked seating myself in front of her

Her grip on the pillow tightened, I could sense that by the thought of the event had angered her.

‘He spoke badly and lowly of Unni as well as the shop itself.’ Byul answered ‘it displeases me.  I had expectations of him to have not been that low.’

I patted her on the head with a warm smile. The caring, admiration and protective nature that Byul had towards me was one I am grateful of.

‘He doesn’t mean it.’ I said

‘Whether it’s of humor, conversing, opinion or not. To me it cannot be taken lightly.’ She said ‘Noona and this shop are important to me.’

‘Then maybe you should tell him.’ I advise ‘tell him your thoughts.’

‘I guess…’ I heard Byul mumbled ‘but I’m angry at him right now.’

I chuckled at her childish and adorable behavior ‘Come. Dinner is set.’ I said standing up and held out my hand towards her ‘it’s not healthy to miss a meal.’

Byul looked at up me with a smile and took my hand. ‘Neh. Wouldn’t want Junsu, Micky and Max swallowing everything down.’

I laughed at her small joke and walked out with her.

- Max Pov-

As expected, Jihyo and Byul came into the room joining us for dinner.

I pouted ‘Aw I wasn’t been welcomed home by a certain demon and now I’m sad.’ I joked

Byul chuckled ‘sure your sad Max. You were grinning widely while swallowing everything down’ she teased ‘but. Welcome home.’

I glanced at Jaejoong from the corner of my eyes, to see that he was looking at Byul in a wondering matter…as if battling in his mind whether to say something or not to her. Jaejoong opened his mouth, I continued to watch curiously of what words would come out of his mouth.

‘Yah! You’re really childish for doing that! You had them blaming me for it!’ Jaejoong complained ‘ Next time I’m starving you!’

I mentally face palmed ‘nice way to get on a girl good side…’ I thought

But my attention was brought to Byul, who didn’t respond or much less looked at Jaejoong. She only took her seat next between Junsu and Micky while Jihyo took her seat next Micky and me.

‘Oh dear she’s giving him the cold shoulder I see.’ I thought and mentally laughed ‘how cute.’

Jaejoong’s eyes twitched ‘YAH! Are you listening to me?’ he fumed

‘So what’s the plan for tomorrow?’ I asked changing the subject

‘Classes of course.’ Jaejoong mumbled while continue eating and still felt irritated that Byul had ignored him.

‘What about you, Yullie?’ I asked

‘Home.’ She answered smiling ‘Helping Noona for a few days…not to mention the basement really needs to be cleaned.’

‘WHAT?! A FEW DAYS?’ Jaejoong exclaimed ‘didn’t you hear me?! There’s Classes tomorrow! Few days how long is that exactly. You can’t skip classes like that.’

‘It shouldn’t be a problem.’ Jihyo said ‘Byul can catch up on what she misses.’

‘Yah, your letting her do things too lightly! Be more strict with her!’ Jaejoong stated frowning  ‘ we don’t need another lazy drunkard around here.’

BAM!

Jaejoong jumped startled from the sound, the creator of the sound, stood up after having slammed her bowl down on the table.

‘I’m done.’ Byul said

‘Good Night Byul!’ Junsu and Micky said

‘Night’ Byul said without looking back and left

I let out a sigh ‘You have to watch what you say around her.’ I said looking at Jaejoong

‘You’ve upset her again.’ Micky and Junsu said unhappily

Jaejoong gapped at all of us in confusion ‘What did I do?!’ he cried

‘Understanding before stating one’s perspective. Is important.’ Jihyo said wisely while eating.

Jaejoong had a dumbfounded expression as well as confusion over his face.

-Next Day-

- Lunch-

‘Where’s Byul.’ Yunho questioned

I smirked ‘She’s at home.’ I said

‘Why?’ Yunho continue to ask

‘Because someone’ I looked at Jaejoong and continued ‘upset her. She won’t be attending classes for a week.’

Yunho frowned not looking pleased

‘HEY! I told you it wasn’t my fault!’ Jaejoong protested and glared at me ‘and I don’t see why YOU’RE HERE! YOU WERE ALSO NO HELP THIS MORNING!’

I laughed, just so it happened this morning while walking to the university with Jaejoong, he was being chased the whole way…lucky for him he ran into Yunho, who had a strong vibe that was enough to make the spirits disappear.

I grinned ‘who would take down Yullie’s notes and homework? Of course I have to come in her place.’ I stated ‘and also no one said I would be of help with your whole spirit thing. That’s Yullie’s job. Good luck for the whole week. ’

‘Aww…I was hopping to spend more time with Byul and get to know her better’ Dambi said disappointed

I smiled ‘well I could be of help. Ask away whatever you want, I know her very well’ I boasted ‘you have the whole week to ask me what you want.’

‘Really?’ Dambi asked happily

I grinned and nod ‘of course.’ I said

-End Of Classes-

- Jaejoong Pov-

‘SHOULDN’T YOU AT LEAST HELP ME OUT?!’ I shouted while running my off

Max was running beside me causally as if he had no care in the world…while I was running for my dear life away from Spirits.

‘Like I said that’s Yullie’s job, not mine.’ He smirked

I groaned and mentally cursed at him.

-Shop-

‘WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? YOU STUPID DEMON!’ I shouted angrily reaching the shop safely

‘Welcome home~’ Micky and Junsu greeted me but I ignored them

I stomped into the shop, in search for Byul and was going to have a serious talk with her.

‘If you’re planning to talk things out with Byul, with that kind of attitude then your asking for to happen.’ Max stated from behind

‘I don’t care. She’s suppose to help me with my problem that was apart of the whole ‘wish’’ I stated

‘Did you forget that Yunho could also help you.’ Jihyo stated coming out of her room.

Oh yea…how could I forget about him?...

My eyes twitched ‘like I would want to walk with him’ I remarked

Jihyo smirked ‘well then, you’ll have it hard.’ She said ‘Byul is unavailable.’

‘Well setting that aside…’ Max said with a grin ‘what’s for dinner?’

‘Aishi! You all are really unbelievable you know that!’ I snapped but headed to the kitchen

-While Cooking-

I was busy cropping the vegetables, when for the first time today, I’ve seen Byul. She stood in the living room… not even looking at me.

‘Rude much?!’ I snapped at her ‘you could at least greet me or something!.’

‘Micky Junsu’ Byul called out, ignoring me.

Micky and Junsu came running out from wherever they were, happily and obediently listening to her.

‘What can we do to help?’ Junsu beamed

Byul smiled and chuckled at them ‘ I’ve found loads of things down there that belonged to you guys.’ She said ‘you guys want to sort them out?’

‘NEH!!!’ Junsu and Micky beamed and dragged Byul along with them to the basement

I could only stare off at where they had been standing with a frown

‘Still giving you the cold shoulder huh?’ Max asked smirking, coming out from his room

I rolled my eyes ‘She’s being a complete baby.’ I said

‘You know, all you have to do is apologized’ He advised

I scoffed ‘I rather this then to have her cling to me every second.’ I stated

Max shrugged and walked off ‘whatever you say.’ He said

-Dinner-

-3rd Person Pov-

Everyone sat eating dinner in a comfortable silence, from time to time Jaejoong would secretly glance at Byul…unfortunately ‘secretly’ wasn’t a secret.

‘How was taking classes in Byul’s place today?’ Jihyo was first to start a conversation

‘Boring.’ Max answered and looked at Byul ‘how can you attend those boring lectures! That old man just keeps talking in the same boring voice’

Byul laughed ‘ You’ll get use to it.’ She joked

‘Tsk, all you did was sleep during the lesson.’ Jaejoong joined giving Max a look of disapproval ‘you lazy .’

‘No I wasn’t! I was listening while laying my head down!” Max protested

‘I heard your snoring.’ Jaejoong stated solemnly 

‘Max is a lazy . Max is a lazy ’ the twin teased grinning

‘YAH! SHUT IT YOU TWO!’ Max snapped shooting a death glare at the twins.

Byul and Jihyo chuckled at Max and the twins amusing display of act. Seeing the good atmosphere Jaejoong took this as a chance.

‘Have you finish cleaning the basement? Will you be attending class tomorrow?’ Jaejoong asked looking at Byul

Byul ‘s laugh died down, her eyes not looking back at Jaejoong’s…

Byul shook her head ‘Ani.’ She answered, before getting out of her seat and pack away her dishes. ‘I’m calling it a night. Night everyone.’

- Few Days Later – (3 days)

3 days that went by, it was the same as usual Max replacing Byul’s place in her classes, Byul doing her job at the shop, Dambi disappointment that Byul didn’t show up and Yunho giving Jaejoong frowns and signs of disapproval of Byul’s absent. Jaejoong on the other hand was not the same, Byul’s behavior was getting to him, it bothered him…even when times he convinced himself he would of preferred to be free from Byul’s clutches, but he found himself more disturbed from her absence and un-attachment to him. Not like he could change that or even get a chance to talk to her…because she avoided him well.

-University-

-Lunch-

-Max Pov-

 ‘Well that’s quite hard to say. But we’ll go with 26 July.’ I answered

Like the last few days, I’ve been telling them more about Byul.

Jaejoong raised a brow ‘what’s with the ‘we’ll go with’.’ He stated

‘Well honestly none of us knew of Byul’s date of birth.’ I said ’26 July was the day we’ve found her.’

 ‘Found her?...’ Dambi asked confused

 ‘She’s adopted…?’ Yunho stated

‘you could say that.’ I said sadly ‘ She was abandoned’

They were speechless

‘You know, Byul wasn’t suppose to be a demon.’ I continued to tell the story. ‘She was born an angel. However, you must understand that living and adopting into an environment…home that is dealing with supernatural matters. it tortures you.’

A deep frown came on my face of the word ‘torture.’

‘What do you mean by that?’ Dambi asked

‘Angels are holly beings, from birth to their stage of young adult it is required for them to nurture in cleanse, pure and free of darkness environment.’ I explained  ‘In Byul’s situation…she was abandoned as an infant barely 5 months.’

‘Wait I’m not understanding this. What kind of place could be ‘free of darkness’?’ Jaejoong asked

‘Heaven.’ Yunho answered easily

Jaejoong mouth dropped ‘WHAT?! You can’t be serious!’ he exclaimed shocked ‘Then…then Abandoned…her birth parents just come down to earth and left her at your door steps?’

I gave him a look that says ‘you are really dumb’

‘Fallen angel.’ Yunho said

I nod ‘thank god there’s a smart one.’ I stated

‘WELL you can’t expect anyone to believe those kinds of things so easily.’ Jaejoong defended

‘What happen next?’ Dambi asked curious ‘ what happened to Byul?’

‘well from infant to age of 6 went smoothly.’ I said but once again my frown returned remembering the memories. ‘at age 7 was when the problem began.’

Jaejoong, Yunho and Dambi listened attentively, not wanting to miss anything out.

‘Her wings grew’ I stated

‘Wings…you mean angel wings?’ Dambi questioned surprised

I nod ‘for angels that are nurtured as required will have no difficulty growing their wings. But…for Byul…’ my eyes darkened ‘Hers were to be ripped off.’

Gasped and looks of shocked were on their faces if more…it was horror.

‘R-Ripped…’ Jaejoong stuttered shocked

‘Her wings weren’t growing properly. They never…could make her soar. They only crumble and break’ I explained ‘They were useless so we had to remove them.’

‘but it isn’t that simple. After 5 months her wings regrew once again…but with the same result.’

‘Byul was in pain. She was living through her torture. Sick and tired, Byul decided to end it.’

‘She wished to no longer be an angel.’ I said

‘Why a demon? Why was that the result?’ Jaejoong questioned

‘It’s not like you can just choose to become whatever you want to be. Demon was the only choice she had’ I explained bitterly

‘What was her payment in exchange?’ Yunho asked

‘ her freedom to roam.’ I said ‘ for freedom is to be bonded. She could only leave the shop if she was with someone who has a special bond with her. Family, friendship, lover…that’s the only way’

‘And if she doesn’t?’ Yunho asked

‘She loses a feathers. ‘ Jaejoong whispered which surprised me

‘She had told you, huh.’ I said smiling

Jaejoong nod ‘yea…but I still don’t understand…the whole losing the feathers thing…’ he said ‘feathers what’s so important about them.’

‘Feathers make up for wings don’t they.’ I stated

‘But why would Byul need feathers?’ Dambi asked ‘Demons don’t have wings…do they? And Byul wings couldn’t grow…’

‘In some many religions and myths, demons do have wings.’ Yunho said ‘it’s not common though.’

‘Correct.’ I said impressed of Yunho’s knowledge ‘like I said before we couldn’t just change her into anything, her wings will still grow and considering the environment of the shop, Demon was the only option. Her wings grew more normally, functionally and fully after becoming a demon.’

‘So…she just needs them…to fly?’ Jaejoong questioned confused

‘Pabo, weren’t you listening? Angels or demons without wings are useless.’ Yunho stated ‘Aside from flight, Wings is the soul.’

‘Yunho, you are very impressive. I am glad that you are a friend of Byul’s.’ I complimented proudly

‘I’m glad to be her friend.’ Yunho said

‘Well it’s exactly as Yunho had said. Wings are like the soul, but also each feather is a symbol of strength, greatness and power. The more feathers, the more the wing is completed, is to determined the classes of demons.’ I explained further. ‘Each feather is to be earned, as surprising as it sounds. You may think that feathers would grow along with the wing structure…but that’s not how it works.’

‘Earned? How does that work?’ Jaejoong asked

‘Well it can be earned many ways, but commonly it is from doing a special deed.’ I answered

‘Like helping people?’ Dambi questioned

I nod ‘yeah, that’s one of them.’ I said

‘Whoa Byul is really Daebak’ Dambi awed in admiration

Even both Yunho and Jaejoong were impressed

I grinned and nod, greatly agreeing ‘of course.’ I agreed

But of course Jaejoong immediately hid his admiration with his famous eye roll

‘I bet that must mean she hasn’t earned that much feathers then.’ He mocked with a smirk,

I had a smirk of my own ‘Oh yea. She’s an s-rank.’ I stated

‘S-rank? So ….she ?’ Jaejoong stated and laughed loudly.

‘. S-rank is Special ranking. The highest ranking there is.’ Yunho stated

Jaejoong’s laugh was caught in his throat ’WHAT?! YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!’ he shouted in shock

‘yeah I’m serious. It took her 678 demon years.’ I said ‘which is about 2712 human years…since one demon year equal to 4 human years.’

Jaejoong had a further look of shock on his face. ‘S-She….SHE’S OLDER THAN ME? HOLY !’ he said stunned

‘Omo she’s looks so young.’ Dambi said also amazed

‘supernatural beings tend to age slower then humans’ Yunho commented ‘they can even remain the same appearance for eternity.’

‘Yep.’ I agreed nodding. ‘An example of that would be Junsu and Micky, they are spirits, they do not age nor grow out of their appearance and there’s me as well.’

‘What are you exactly…’ Jaejoong stated giving me a curious look

I grinned ‘well I can’t say I have a specific race or being of my own, since Jihyo is the one who have created me.’ I said

‘THAT’S POSSIBLE?!’ Jaejoong exclaimed

‘Anything is possible in this world.’ I retorted

‘That’s amazing’ Dambi said in awe

After that we went back to eating…but a thought returned into my mind, that I had to mention.

‘Oh and Jaejoong.’ I called

‘hm?’ Jaejoong responded

‘I know you may not have meant the things you had said to Byul, to upset her…’ I started looking at Jaejoong in the eye ‘She doesn’t take it lightly if you insult or talk lowly of anyone in or the shop.’

‘She’s protective and sensitive of the shop and everyone there, mainly Jihyo… because it’s her home and we’re her family. Jihyo was the one to have found her and had been there for most of her lifetime… rising, watching and teaching her to nurture the way she is.’

‘To you, Jihyo may be someone you see as wise, a lady with supernatural insight and understandings more then a normal person would. But to Byul…Jihyo is her sister. Her friend. Her teacher. Her Mother.’

‘So whether it’s a joke or not…please don’t do it in the future.’ I finished ‘please keep that in mind and be careful of the words you use.’

I watched closely at Jaejoong’s expressions…sure enough I could see the understanding that he had learnt as well as regret and self-disappointment he felt in himself.

I smiled at that ‘ if you want Byul to talk to you again. You should apologize to her.’ I said ‘don’t think no one hasn’t been noticing the way you try to approach her.’

Jaejoong looked at me surprised, before an unnoticeable blush came on his face ‘W-Who said I would want her to talk to me again?!’ he declared and went back to eating his lunch

I laughed at his behavior ‘those are your words…but your face says differently’ I thought

-Jaejoong Pov-

After listening to everything Max had shared…

Just when I thought Byul was an easy person to read like an open book I was wrong.

To think that because she was a demon she would be sly, always fooling around and can’t be serious…I was wrong.

It felt as if the girl I see everyday, was just the appearance and I haven’t even scratch the surface of knowing her.

Was I angry with myself for the things I had said stupidly without thinking yesterday? Yes. It was regretful, especially when I had no right to say the things I did.

 - Home -

I dived on the shop’s ground as fast as I could, escaping the spirit’s evil clutches.

‘MADE IT!’ I cheered happily

‘Good job, you’ve gotten faster’ Max commented teasing as he entered casually

I shot him a glare ‘your really no help at all.’ I said

‘That’s Byul job and if you never want to do that again, then don’t upset her’ He teased and entered the shop

I grumbled while getting up and dusted my clothes, before entering the shop.

‘I’m back.’ I called out and was immediately greeted by Junsu and Micky welcoming me

I smiled at them both and went to find the others…I found Jihyo laying on the couch in the living room, reading the newspaper

‘Hi, I’m back.’ I said

Jihyo nod ‘welcome back.’ She said and then looked at me with a big grin ‘I’m hungry.’

My eyes twitched angrily ‘yea…it’ll be done soon.’ I said biting back my anger.

I turned heading towards to the kitchen

‘Byul’s cleaning the basement.’ Jihyo said 

I stopped and gave her a confused look, why she had told me that information. However she was only continuing reading the newspaper with a smile. I dismissed it and head to the basement…that I had never been in before…or even knew of.

- Basement -

The basement entrance was outside on the side of the kitchen, there the door was already opened… there was a set of stairs leading down. But looking down it was dark, as if there were no lights. I walked down the stairs and was already in the basement, it was lid poorly, the lights above lid certain places but not the entire basement…even when there were rows of them.

‘Byul?’ I called her name

No response.

I walked further in, following the lid places I could see, to find Byul. There were many aisles of shelves, each and every one of them was filled of unusual things or what seemed to be antiques.

Rustle rustle

I heard sounds, what sounded like boxes being moved and shifted around.

‘Byul’ I called again

No response

I made different turns to try and follow the source of sound.

‘How can this place be so huge?’ I thought amazed ‘it’s just a basement too.’

I continued to find my way, till I think I was almost near the end of the basement. The sound of things being moved were getting louder and not to mention, I could hear sounds of coughing.

‘we should have cleaned the basement ages earlier.’ I heard Byul’s voice

I made the last turn around the corner and spotted her moving boxes at the far end. I felt happy to finally have found her, my eyes were set on Byul, as approached her…without being careful of where I was stepping, I stepped on an usual shaped object on the ground, taking me off balance.

‘Whoa!’ I gasped startled and grabbed on to the shelf beside for support.

From that stunt, I’ve earned Byul’s startled attention.

I let out a relieved sigh and smiled sheepishly at her.

‘MOVE OUT THE WAY.’ She shouted warningly at me

I gave her a confused look, before I heard sounds of rustling from above me…

There was no time to react, or even for me to see what would be the thing was going to hit me…all I saw was my surrounding burr, felt arms embracing me, a hard impact on my back and a warm body on mine. My sight was of the ceiling…

‘You shouldn’t come down here. It’s dangerous.’ Byul’s voice said

I sat up, only to find that Byul was on my lap, with a blank face looking at me.

‘u-um…thanks’ I said

Byul had gotten me out of the way from the falling box, which was now behind her, the box’s content spilled everywhere.

‘What are you doing here, anyway?’ She asked

‘I…Jihyo said you’d be here.’ I said completely forgetting about the position we were in

‘Unni needs me?’ she questioned ready to get up

‘Ah no. that’s not it.’ I said

Byul pause from getting up and gave me a question look. I looked away from her, unsure of how to start…or what to say…to apologize. Byul got up, which cut of my thoughts as I saw her, picking up the things that had fallen out of the box.

I stood up quickly and went to help her ‘I’ll help you.’ I said

‘you should leave.’ Byul said, not looking at me.

She closed the box with everything back inside and carried it over back to where she had been cleaning. I followed her.

‘I can help out.’ I said

‘It’s fine.’ She said ‘It’s dangerous here. I’ll be more when it’s night time.’

‘Then let’s head back….together’ I suggested

‘I still have to clean up’ she stated

‘But you said it’s dangerous…at night’ I said

‘For you.’ She said ‘Demon have great sight, day or night.’

I stood in place, feeling helpless.

‘I wanted to apologize.’ I finally said, what I wanted ‘I’m sorry for things I had said yesterday.’

Byul stopped cleaning and looked at me

‘it wasn’t right of me to say low things like that about Jihyo or the shop.’ I continued ‘ so please forg---‘

I was cut of by surprised, when Byul tackled at me, hugging me gently.

‘It’s forgotten.’ She said but it was muffled against my shoulder. ‘I didn’t like, not speaking to Joongie.’

I smiled feeling a warm feeling from the words I heard

 I wrap my arms around her, returning the hug. ‘Pabo, you were the on who decided not to.’ I said

Cough Cough

Giggle giggle

We both let go of each other and face the sounds of giggling and coughing.

‘So…you guys made up?’ Max questioned with a sly smirk, who was the one faked the cough

Both Junsu and Micky hugged each other ‘Byul and Jaejoong made up~’ they both sung

My face went red from embarrassment ‘H-Hey! Did you guys spy on me!’ I snapped

‘of course not, I was told to tell Byul that she doesn’t need to clean up anymore.’ Max said grinning

‘Junsu, Micky followed!’ The twins said

‘Really?!’ Byul said happily ‘no more cleaning?’

‘Jihyo said to leave it and continue another time. For now let’s have Dinner.’ Max said and then looked at Jaejoong ‘but dinner is not done yet, because someone had other things to do.’

I groaned ‘Yes, I’m going to make dinner now.’ I said

‘hotteok!’ Byul beamed and hug my arm ‘Can we have hotteok for desert?’

I looked down at her and nod ‘sure. Why not’ I said with a smile

Byul cheered happily and dragged me to the kitchen.

I followed, not fighting against her like I would…

Because for once and the last couple of days…I missed her presence

It wouldn’t hurt, just to accept it for one-day right?