Chapter 1 – His Arrival + Wishing Shop = Welcome.

Demon's PlayMate

-Wishing Shop-

-Your Pov-

There were no costumers today. Not yesterday and the day before yesterday. I walked around the shop or should I say my home, due to pure boredom.

‘Boredom will be the death of me’ I said to myself

‘Byul~ Is Bored! Byul Is Bored~!’ the twins sang, while following behind me

‘Byul.’ Jihyo called me

I happily went to her.

‘Is there something I can help Unni with?’ I asked eagerly

Jihyo chuckled and smiled at me ‘ Ani’ she said ‘I just want to say… We’ll be expecting someone today

I tilt my head to the side giving her a questioning look before thinking about it to myself.

A smiled broke out onto my features ‘I can’t wait then’ I said

-Elsewhere-

-3rd Person-

Walking in a quick but with a calm face, was a boy who had been gifted or what he would call a curse, being able to see spirits. To those with ordinary eyes couldn’t see how bugged or envious Jaejoong was of those around him who weren’t in his place. Life always being chased and had always attracts spiritual brings won’t something you would call a wonderful life, sure it was better then a normal life but since the very bringing of his exist he’d wish to be normal.

‘Stay calm. Stay calm.’ Jaejoong chanted repeatedly in his mind, keeping his walking pace steady.

It didn’t help when the spirits behind him suddenly jumped and stake themselves on him. In eyes of those around him, they looked at him strangely as to why Jaejoong was laying flat on his stomach on the ground in the middle of walking path while trashing his arms around and shouted curses. With hard work of struggling and kicking, he got out from underneath the pile of spirits and ran in the speed of light.

‘WHY THE F*** IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?!’ Jaejoong shouted numerous times in his mind.

The spirits behind him didn’t give time or wasted any, they all chased after him, following closely behind him. Not even caring where the destination he was running to, his only plan in mind was to lose track of those spirits, but they were fast, so fast that they were close enough for him to feel the coldness of their spirit on his skin.

‘GET AWAY FROM ME!’ Jaejoong shouted while continuing to run.

Unluckily for him he tripped over a stick, he knew he’d be expecting pain…but not from the fact that his face had smashed front on to a wooden door. But he had no time to be groaning the great pain he felt , he snapped his head towards the direction of the speeding spirits.

‘!’ Jaejoong thought panicking and shut his eyes. ‘I’m a goner.’

Jaejoong held his breath waiting for the pain of being eaten to come…but that never occurred, with courage he opened his eyes. Only to see nothing but the clear streets in front of him.

‘Eh? Where are they?’ Jaejoong thought, looking around.

The sound of doors opening came from behind him ‘CUSTOMER!!!!!!!’ Two loud voices shouted, behind Jaejoong…startling him

Jaejoong turn towards to the voices, there were two males, looking almost like identical twins…but the difference that he could make out was the slight height difference and how one of the twin features seemed innocent while the other looked mischievous. Jaejoong continued to stare at the two from his place on the ground; seeing that Jaejoong was unmoving the twins dragged Jaejoong’s foot, which was the only part of his body that was in the shop’s property.

Jaejoong let out a short scream ‘YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?!’ he wailed

However, the twin ignore Jaejoong’s wailing only continuing to drag him in by his foot while grinning from ear to ear.

‘CUSTOMER! CUSTOMER! BOSS! BOSS! BYUL~ BYUL~’ the twins sang loudly while entering the shop or what was known as their home.

- Jihyo Pov-

A small smile crept on to my face, as I heard both Micky and Junsu sang while dragging the guest towards to the living room, where I was sitting and waiting of the guess’s arrival.  In seconds Junsu and Micky tossed the guy into the living room like a sack of potato and seated themselves beside me on the floor. The guy rubbed his sore behind and was groaning and muttering some colorful words.

‘Welcome. We’ve been expecting your arrival’ I simply said getting his attention.

He had a confused expression on before he wave his hand defensively ‘You got the wrong person, I was just passing by then I just happened to bump into the door…’ he tried explaining, not making any sense

I only stare blankly at him

‘so I’ll be leaving now.’ He said and turned around to leave.

‘Give me the item in your pocket’ I stated, making him stop.

He turned his head and had a questioning ‘Huh?’ he questioned

I held out my hand ‘quickly now.’ I said

He had an annoyed expression on before walking over me to with his hand in his pocket, getting the item out. He placed a locket watch in my palm.

‘What is your name?’ I asked

‘ Kim Jaejoong…’ He answered

Junsu and Micky who were both standing beside me grinned childishly ‘Kim Jaejoong~ Kim Jaejoong~’ they both sang repeatedly while jumping and dancing around

‘When’s your birthday?’ I asked

‘January 21st.’ He answered once again

‘You tell total strangers your real name and birthday in breath and don’t lie about it…’ I said mockingly with a taunting smile.

 ‘Yah! You asked and I just answered them!!!’ He snapped angrily

I could tell from his behavior…he will be a very moody one.

-Jaejoong Pov-

I was irritated by the lady before me, who the hell is she and why the hell am I still standing here?! I should just leave! And the two voices of those twins which continued to be repeating my name over and over again while dancing and jumping around like 3 years old didn’t help much either.

‘Your name is the bridge to your soul.’ She suddenly said, clearly not listening to anything I was saying. ‘Your date of birth communicates your past and future.’

The twins had stop repeating my name and went to sit in front of the lady

‘um...are you listening to me?’ I questioned annoyed

‘You want my name?’ She suddenly asked

‘No I never asked’ I stated while shaking my head

Why the heck would I want to know her name?

‘Song Jihyo’ She answered anyway with a smile

My eyes twitched ‘Who does she think she is?’ I thought annoyed

‘Of course that’s not my real name.’ She stated with a mocking smile

My eyes twitched angrily

‘These two are Junsu and Micky’ She said looking at he twins. ‘Aren’t they cute?’

She smiled happily and patted both of the twin’s head

The irritation and annoyance continue to grow inside of me ‘NO THEIR NOT! THEY FREAKING DRAGGED ME HERE!!’ I snapped

However I was completely ignored as the twins grinned at each other and were praising each other cute.

Not wanting to deal with this anymore I turned around ‘I’M LEAVING!’ I growled ‘And give me back my watch!’

‘Leaving already?’ the twin stated sadly

I face palmed…what kind of house is this?

But my attention was turned towards to the wooden entrance doors as they suddenly closed by themselves.

‘I told you. it’s fate.’ Jihyo said, I turned to face her again ‘Coincidence is but an illusion. There is only fate.’

I stared at her weirdly ‘maybe she has a mental illness’ I mentally told myself

‘You look like you don’t believe me.’ She said

She then held out my watch with empty eyes and a smirk

‘ You can see lost souls.’ She bluntly stated

My eyes widen...i was shocked but remained quiet.

‘These lost souls are drawn to your existence.’ She continued

‘H-How did you…’ I stuttered

‘Your birthday and real name.’ She said

I stared at her surprised ‘Just from that…’ I said lost t words

‘They know the truth…the threads of existence.’ She said wisely, before suddenly she had a sly grin ‘And with that, I’ll be keeping your watch.’

‘YAH! ARE YOU SOME KIND OF THIEF?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT?!” I snapped angrily while trying to get the watch back, but she hid it in her closed palm

‘That’s the price, obviously’ She stated, as she put my watch into a black box and closed ‘ In order for you to gain something of value, the price can be anything of equal value.’

I stared at her blankly as she explained

‘Nothing greater can be gained. Nothing greater can be lost.’ She said wisely ‘the perfect value…equal…and balanced. Or else harm will come.’

I then cracked as i threw my arms in the air ‘what are you talking about?! I didn’t ask for anything! I didn’t get anything!’ I exclaimed frustrated.

Once again I was ignored as she gave the box containing my watch to the twins ‘Put it away’ she said, and the twins carried the box somewhere

I tried to stopped them to get my watch back…but only resulting to trip and fell face first on to the ground.

‘WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS?!’ I shouted frustrated.

‘A shop.’ Jihyo simply said ‘ A shop that grants wishes.’

‘Grant wishes!’ the twins suddenly appeared once again ‘She can grant anything~’

‘In exchange. I must charge a price, something that matches. To grant your wish, I must taken an item that is important to you.’ She said smirking ‘it could even be your soul. That’s how my shop works.’

‘SOUL?!’ I cried completely freaked out.

She grinned ‘So come and stay for a while.’ she suggested happily

I growled ‘I DON’T WANT A WISH!’ I argued

‘You want them to disappear, don’t you?’ she questioned, with a knowing smirk ‘You want them to leave you alone.’

‘But that is…’ I said trilling off

It’s impossible…

‘Is possible’ She stated

I stared at her for a while with an uncertain and doubtful look ‘really?’ I questioned

‘Whatever Says can be done’ Junsu said with a smile

Micky grinned ‘absolutely can be done.’ He confirmed

‘Seriously?’ I continued to questioned not believing.

‘They really do trouble you, don’t they?’ Jihyo stated rather then questioning.

I looked down at the ground in silence…because what she had said were true and how I truly did felt.

‘Is this your wish then?’ She questioned

I looked back up at her ‘Neh.’ I answered

Jihyo smiled ‘Then let your wish be granted.’ She said

My eyes widen…was this really going to happen?

‘So, about my fee!’ She said smiling holding out her hand.

“YAH!! WHAT IS THIS? YOU TAKE MONEY?!’ I shouted angrily

‘I said this is a shop, didn’t i?’ She retorted

‘Didn’t she? Didn’t she?’ The twins repeated grinning

‘What about the watch?!’ I said exasperatedly

She rolled her eyes ‘ that was that. This is this.’ She stated

‘Okay never mind---‘ I said

‘It can’t be cancelled.’ She stated

Never had I ever lost my cool or had cracked and snapped so many times before…I was complaining, stomping and trashing my arms around angrily.

‘There is a way to pay off though.’ She said which had made me stop my anger moment

I looked at her, wanting and waiting to hear what it was. But then the sound of door sliding open was heard, breaking my attention away from Jihyo to look at the new arrival…

-Your Pov-

Max and me had just finishing cleaning the guestroom, as Jihyo said it might be needed. While cleaning room, we heard loud dramatic shouting and so on and often we gave each other a funny look. Once the room was all cleaned up we both headed back out…just stepping out of the room, we meet the person who seemed in their mid 20s. The person was also staring back at me, with no words.

‘Who is our female guest?’ I asked smiling

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!’ the person shouted with a glare

it came to my realization that this person was actually a male not a female I expected him to be, but Jihyo’s laughter caught my attention

‘Unni, we finished cleaning the guestroom’ I said

Jihyo had calmed down from her laughter and smiled ‘good work Byul, Max’ she said, before turning her attention back to the guy. ‘Are you ready to hear your payment?’

The guy looked at her and nod

‘You are Byul’s Playmate.’ Jihyo stated

I blinked a couple of times as Jihyo Unni’s words sunk in…

A big bright grin came onto my face as I jumped on to the back of my playmate. ‘YAY~ We’re going to have so much fun together!!!’ I squealed happily

My playmate stood frozen probably still absorbing what Jihyo Unni had said before he let out a scream of shock mixed with confusion and anger.

‘WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ He exploded

I jumped off his back as I watched beside Max and the twin in amusement of how his was very overly overreacting very dramatically. Now I know why Jihyo Unni had said this guy would be my playmate…hahaha his very entertaining.

‘HELL NO! I’M NOT A TOY TO ENTERTAIN ANYONE!!!’ He shouted frustrated

‘His name is Kim Jaejoong, hopefully he’ll be entertaining enough to keep you from getting bored Byul’ Jihyo said smiling at me

I smiled sincerely and thankfully as I went and hugged her ‘thank you Unni! I’ll take good care of him and won’t let him die.’ I promised

‘I reckon what you should be looking after is making sure he doesn’t run away.’ Max joked with a smirk

I laughed and grinned ‘he wouldn’t do that if he doesn’t wish to be eaten by those spirits.’ I joked back

‘YAH! THAT’S NOT A JOKING MATTER!!!!’ Jaejoong roared unhappily

‘He’d be eaten~ he’d be eaten~’ Junsu and Micky both sung jumping around me

‘IS ANYONE LISTENING To ME?!’ Jaejoong shouted in anger with his arms high in the air.

Yes, definitely very dramatic and entertaining to watch.

‘Well shall we celebrate and welcome our new companion?’ Jihyo suggested smiling widely

‘YAY PARTY PARTY~’ Junsu and Micky cheered happily

A grin of my own came as I grabbed Jaejoong’s arm ‘We’ll go buy the food and drinks then’ I said happily

‘Remember! A lot of SOJU!!!!!’ Max and Jihyo said, highlighting the word Soju.

‘Neh~’ I said and dragged Jaejoong with me out the door.

-Jaejoong Pov-

‘What is this?! What the hell is happening?! Is this some kind of nightmare?!’ my mind continued to question

I was following against my will by this girl by the name of Byul, who was dragging me…and hell was she strong, since I’ve been trying to get away from her but her grip was strong and my strength against her was nothing compare.

‘Oh yea, my name is Song Ki Byul by the way. But you can just call me Byul, no need to be formal’ She said smiling ‘Since we’re playmates.’

At the word Playmate that came out of , it caused some people who walked by giving us surprised or a weird look…

‘Yah! Don’t say something like that out here!’ I scolded

She looked at me with confusion written all over her face ‘so I can only call you my playmate at home?’ she questioned

Once again many people were giving us looks

‘DON’T EVEN SAY THAT WORD AT ALL!!!’ I snapped frustrated

‘But you are my playmate’ She stated with a big grin ‘You shouldn’t be in denial, it’s not healthy.’

‘I AM LOSING MY MIND AND WILL BE INSANE IF THIS CONTINUES!’ my mind screamed

I groaned and continued to be dragged sulkily. We both reached the supermarket, for some odd reasons Byul seemed to be really excited and was grinning the entire time…it was as if she had never gone into a supermarket before.

‘So what are you going to make?’ She asked excitedly

‘I’m the one who’s making the food?!’ I exclaimed

Byul grinned with a nod ‘of course, none of us in the shop knows how to cook.’ She beamed

My mouth dropped as I was gapping at her ‘WHAT KIND PEOPLE ARE THEY?!’ I mentally screamed ‘HOW CAN THEY LIVE THEIR LIFE LIKE THIS?!’

Byul chuckled at me, must of being because she found my expression funny.

I let out a groan and went back to shopping ‘well let’s just hurry it up and return back to that death house.’ I grumbled.

‘it’s a wishing shop~’ Byul corrected with a bright smile

I face palmed ‘I was being sarcastic!’ I snapped

‘oh…hahaha well sorry to break it to you my playmate…that was lame’ She retorted with a mocking grin.

I was sure that my face must of being red as a tomato from how frustrated I was and it took great self-control to not have just pulled out my hair right here and now.

- Wishing Shop-

Returning back to the shop, we were bombarded by the twins and Max.

‘Yay~ Snacks!’ the twins cheered

Max grinned and was taking the bags of food from Byul and shoved them in my arms ‘c’mon Byul! Jihyo is waiting for you at the back.’ He explained ‘just leave the these things to him.’

Just like that Byul was being dragged into the house by Max with the twins following behind them…and…I was left standing there outside with the bags of food.

‘YAH! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!!!!’ I shouted angrily

- Jihyo Pov -

I sat in the backyard with Max and the twins while Jaejoong was preparing the food…obviously not happy and Byul was there to help him…or more like annoying him.

‘Well this is rather unexpected it…’ Max commented while drinking some Soju ‘ Is he really the right choice though?’

I smiled ‘what doubts do you have, Max?’ i questioned

Max put his cup down ‘ I’m not doubting your choice Jihyo. But…I’m just having a bad feeling…and I’m worried for her.’ He admitted

I nod in understanding ‘there are up and downs, we’ll just have to see what fate will have install for them.’ I said

Max nod ‘Neh, that is true.’

- Your Pov-

I watched as Jaejoong was cooking, and would constantly ask him question about it.

‘Why do you have to add oil?’

 ‘Do you know what your doing?’

‘Omo! The fire is big! WATER WATER QUICK!’

‘Whoa~ the egg flied and turned!’

‘Can you teach me that?!’

‘Is that edible?’

‘YAH JUST SHUT UP WILL YOU!’ Jaejoong snapped angrily ‘STOP ASKING SUCH STUPID QUESTIONS!’

‘Joongie the egg went black.’ I commented completely not listening to him, only Staring at the egg

‘AHHH!!!’ he screamed and tried to save the burnt egg.

I shook my head ‘at this rate we’ll never get the party started.’ I stated

Jaejoong shot me a glare and growled ‘YOUR NOT HELPPING AT ALL!’ he shouted

I grinned ‘off course I am! I’m keeping you company!’ I beamed

Jaejoong only groaned and went back to cooking. I smiled…having someone like him here now, I wonder how things will turn out.

‘I’m glad your my playmate’ I said happily ‘we’re gonna be super close!’

‘GO AWAY AND DO SOMETHING ELSE!’ Jaejoong snapped

‘Aigoo…if you keep frowning and shouting like that, your gonna live a short life.’ I joked and smiled ‘and that’ll be very sad considering I’ll be very lonely without you , Joongie~’

‘DON’T CALL ME THAT!!!’ Jaejoong roared

‘It suits you though, it’s really cute!’ I beamed

Jaejoong grumble some colorful words under his breath while cooking.

‘But really…I’m glad someone like you have came’ I said sincerely smiling, earning a questioning look from him before he scoffed and turn back to cooking.