calling ⇛ AmyJadeLee

Shinhwa One Shot Cafe { Closed Until Further Notice }

Title : True Love Doesn't Exist
Author's Note : Sorry for the long wait and I hope you like this.


 

Min Woo and Eric sat down at the café in the airport. Why? Eric was accepted in Harvard University. And as his boyfriend, Min Woo decided to spend his last moments with him before Eric’s departure to Cambridge, United States. And because of that, they had to put a comma on their relationship.

Soon enough, an announcement was made through the PA system. “ Plane to United States of America is departing in thirty minutes time. Please start boarding the plane. “ Eric looked at his boyfriend.

“ Please don’t cheat on me while I’m away. “ he said. The other man just nodded and pinky promised Eric.

“ Of course I won’t cheat on my one and only boyfriend. I will wait for you to come back. Five years right? “  Min Woo replied as he lean forwards to give the taller man a short peck on the lips. Eric stood up and hugged the shorter man before saying farewell. Everything was going smoothly and they have kept their promise, not to cheat on each other.

One day, Min Woo was shopping for some Christmas gift for his one and only lover. Even though Eric has been away for two years, Min Woo have still kept his promise to him. He was looking through some clothes at one store and something caught his eyes, a black sweater. Since it’s the winter season, Min Woo thought that it would be perfect to buy Eric that for his gift. He also brought an expensive watch that was limited edition. He placed the gifts inside a nicely wrapped box and had it sent to Eric, who is on the other side of the globe.

Meanwhile, Eric who was busy preparing for his major examinations didn’t really find some time buying gifts for Min Woo, but because Min Woo knew that Eric is at the other side of the globe, studying, he didn’t really care about Eric buying anything for him for Christmas. All Min Woo wants is Eric. You see, both of them were childhood friends and they sticks together, like glue. 

Time passes and finally Eric finished his studies and wanted to stay in the States as he gotten used to the environment. He seems to be forgotten about Min Woo who was patiently waiting for Eric’s arrival. He emailed Eric but Eric didn’t seem to notice it. Eric had forgotten the past. He spent with his new friends he made for the past five years. He changed a lot. Before, he didn’t really get into trouble but after he mixed around with his new friends, he smokes, he get tattoos, did drugs and even an alcoholic. He even slept with numerous ladies.

Meanwhile, back in Seoul, Min Woo have not given up his love towards Eric. He thinks that Eric still remembers him and would come back to him. He had spent days waiting at the airport like a fool just for his lover. He would email him every single day hoping that Eric would at least reply his email.

That’s it. Min Woo had enough of waiting. He wanted to know why Eric didn’t reply his emails. He saved up and brought a flight ticket to the States. Thanks to Eric’s parents who are currently in Seoul, Min Woo managed to find out Eric’s apartment. Throughout the whole journey from South Korea to United States, Min Woo couldn’t rest properly. His mind would always thinks negatively.

“ What if Eric really hates me? “

“ Does he forget about me? “

“ He won’t break his promise right? “

Hours flew and finally he reached. He found a hotel to stay in for the next few days while searching on Eric. He was in the taxi heading to a Korean restaurant when suddenly; he saw a familiar figure with someone else.

He told the taxi driver to stop even though the restaurant is a few more kilometers. He paid the taxi fees and walk straight towards the familiar man.

“ Mun Jung Hyuk? “ Min Woo asked.

The man turned around and was shocked to see Min Woo in front of him. The lady beside him asked.

“ Dear, who is he? Why is he calling you Mun Jung Hyuk? “ The man turned towards the lady and replied.

“ Him? I have no idea dear. Who is Mun Jung Hyuk? Mister, I guess you had mistaken me for a different person. “

Min Woo was speechless. He could not believe what the man said.

“ Yah! Eric! “ Min Woo yelled at him.

“ Who are you to shout at me like that? “ the man yelled at Min Woo back with his fluent English.

“ Listen up , I have no idea what did you do to my Eric, but he’s mine ok! “ Min Woo shoved the lady away from the man.

“ Who are you calling ? Get away from my Eric! “ the lady yelled back.

Min Woo’s tear flow down his cheeks. He could not believe that the man who is standing right in front of him, cheating in front of him, pretending not to know who is he, is Eric.

“ Mikkulaji. “ Min Woo said which surprised Eric as it is his childhood's nickname.

“ I just realize today that I should move on with my life rather than spending my whole entire life waiting for someone who don’t even care about me. Just like how international fans that have been supporting their idols virtually, spamming their social network account just to be notice by them. I realize that if one goes away from you, that person isn’t coming back. He’s gone and I should actually move on with life. Before, I never feel regret loving you, caring about you and protecting our friendship and love. But now, I do. Those promises you made five years ago, I am such an for believing them. Those are lies. And you should know clearly that I hate lies. I can’t stand lies. And you lied to me. I am such a bastard for loving you like a fool while you are here partying and enjoying your life. I used not to care about people telling me to move on. But now, it seems like they are right. I should have just broken that promise like you did and party all night long with ladies around me. I should have just slept with countless of girls without feeling guilty. I should have just enjoyed my life in clubs, drinking and smoking. But you. You are the reason for me to live like a . My childhood friend, our friendship and love are over. You could spend your entire life here without coming back to Seoul. And I, Lee Min Woo will not entertain any bull you had given me. I will continue my life and pretend I had not known this bastard named Mun Jung Hyuk or Eric Mun. Goodbye . “ he continued and walked away. He didn’t really think of having lunch and walked straight towards his hotel.

Eric who finally realize his mistake of cheating Min Woo. But it is all too late to apologize. Min Woo who have been keeping his promise for five freaking years had finally giving up his true love towards Eric.