calling ⇛ tsumoru

Shinhwa One Shot Cafe { Closed Until Further Notice }

Title : My Long Lost Best Buddy


 

Dongwan’s P.O.V

 

“ Yah! Lee Min Woo! Give me back! “ I was chasing after Min Woo who was carrying my bag. “ Give me back before I tell my mum!” I shouted once more. Everyone knew how much my bag is precious to me. He stopped running and turned around. He sticks out his tongue before running towards his mother. Both of us were childhood friends and would play catching together after school. Both of our parents were close, so I guess that how we can be best friends in a short time.

Years later, we attended the same middle school when suddenly, I heard the news about Min Woo’s family wanting to move out from the neighborhood. We would spend the last few days together, sitting under the tree after playing football together.

“ Min Woo-ah, are you sure your family is moving out? “ I asked him.

He quietly nods his head. Then he said,

“ Dong Wan-ah, don’t be too upset. Even though I’m moving out that’s doesn’t means we could not meet each other right? “

He then gave me a piece of paper with his new address.

“ Here is our new address. You can visit me if you want to. Bring your parents along too. I’m sure they would be happy. “ he continued. He then gave me a peck on my cheeks before walking back home.

I spent my school years alone and I was being the outcast of the class. No one would talk to me, as I’m quite sensitive. Everyone would make fun of me and would bully me every single day. But I won’t cry, because to me, crying is equivalent to losing. I would be strong enough to hold on to my tears.

Let’s fast forward to today. I just finished my studies in Kookmin University Graduate School with a master’s degree in sports marketing. For years I have not met Min Woo since both of us were busy with schoolwork and could meet up often.

I found a job that has no relation with my degree but to my liking. The first day of work was quite tough. Everything was new to me and I had a hard time getting used to it. My boss? Well, even though he is younger than me by a year, he could be very strict, as companies had been falling down these days.

Time passed by so quickly and soon, it was my second year working at the company. I was promoted to be a manager of the team and everything around me seems familiar as days pass by. One day, the head of the management team told us that there would be a new worker since they are short of workers after Manager Park left the company.

The new staff walked into the meeting room, feeling nervous and anxious. He looked exactly like someone I used to know, Lee Min Woo. The new staff greeted.

“ Hello, I’m Lee Min Woo. Please take care of me.”

After the meeting, I told Min Woo to meet me at my office.

“ Mr. Min Woo? “ I asked. He looked at me confused. He seems not to know me.

“ Do you know who I am? “ I continued. His answer surprised me.

“ Manager? “

Wait, don’t tell me he forgotten about our past. Please. Min Woo, I hope you remember it.

“ I know that I’m the manager here but do you know who I am? “ I asked again hoping that his answer would be ‘My childhood best friend’. He shook his head, which leaves me in shock. He stood up from the seat and said,

“  If you have nothing to talk to me, I will leave now. “ He walked out from the room, leaving me speechless. I stared at the door and couldn’t concentrate on my work.

“ Does Min Woo really forgotten about me? “ I thought to myself. Soon, it was lunchtime and I would usually have lunch at the nearest café, VOGUE café that is run by one of my classmates in middle school, Pil Gyo. After Min Woo transferred school, Pil Gyo was the one who by my side but it doesn’t last long as he wasn’t in the same class as me the following year.

“ Pil Gyo-ah, Min Woo finally came back. “ I muttered.

“ Serious? How do you know? “ he asked curiously.

“ He’s the new staff in my company. “ I continued.

“ So do you guys talk about your past? “ he asked again.

“ No. He forgets everything. “ I mumbled.

Pil Gyo who was drinking his favourite coffee spits out and was shocked. “WHAT?“ he yelled, leaving all his customers and staffs to look at them.

Soon, the door opened and a familiar figure entered the café. It was Min Woo. He is still unaware about our presence in the café.

“ May I have one caramel macchiato please? “ he ordered. Pil Gyo stood up to greet him but I stopped him.

“ Even if you are going to introduce yourself, he won’t able to remember everything. “ I said. Pil Gyo ignored me and walked towards Min Woo.

“ Hey, are you Min Woo? Long time no see buddy. “ he offered a handshake which make Min Woo confused. I just looked at them from afar.

“ How do you know my name? And do we even meet before? “ Min Woo asked. Pil Gyo was shocked.

“ Dude, you don’t know me? How about Dong Wan? Do you know him? “ he asked again.

“ Dong Wan? Isn’t he my manager? How do you know him? “ Min Woo’s words makes Pil Gyo fed up and dragged him towards my table. Pil Gyo forced him to seat down.

“ Ok, both of you. Please talk whatever you guys want to say to each other. I have some stuff to do in the kitchen. Talk to you two later.” Pil Gyo said as he patted both our shoulders before walking away towards the kitchen.

“ Listen up Manager Kim, I have no idea that both of us knew that weird guy but who are you actually? “ he asked. For a few minutes, I couldn’t find an answer to it. Then I replied,

“ Min Woo-ah. It’s me, your best pal. Kim Dong Wan. I can understand if you forget Pil Gyo because both of you aren’t close to each other. But I don’t understand how the hell you could forget your best buddy. Tell me buddy, how can you forget me? “ I seriously asked him.

“ I have no idea about it. But all I knew that after I was hospitalized for six months, I completely forget everything. Friends, family, people around me. “ he said.

“ But then, you came into my life once again. And I guess you were important to me that God let us meet each other once again. “ he continued.

“ Min Woo-ah, I love you. “ I said as I patted his head and gave a peck on his cheeks.