calling ⇛ Ri_Nutty

Shinhwa One Shot Cafe { Closed Until Further Notice }

Title : My "Not Blind" Customer


 

Eric’s P.O.V

 

I run out from my apartment and rushed into my car and drove to work. As expected, I overslept. Thanks to my damn noisy neighbor who had just moved in a few weeks ago and decided to renovate his apartment late at night. Anyways, back to my story, today is my first day at work and I want to have a great impression to my boss. So you guys might be wondering about my pass career right? Well, I used to be a famous actor under my Korean name, Mun Jung Hyuk. I acted in a lot of dramas like Spy Myung Wol and Phoenix. But everything was over after I left for my military service.

Soon enough, I reached. I looked at my wristwatch. 9.29am. Perfect. I walked inside the café and looked for the manager.

“ May I look for the manager? “ I asked politely to one of the staffs. He looked at me from head to toe.

“ I’m the new manager here. The old manager left a few days ago. Who are you? “ he coldly said.

“ I’m Mun Jung Hyuk but you can call me by my English name, Eric. “ I replied. The other staffs were looking at me weirdly.

“Isn’t he the one who acted as Kang Woo in Spy Myung Wol? “

“ Why is he here? “

“ And why is he looking for the manager? “

“ I heard that he left the acting industry. “

I gave them my killer smile. I went to the restroom to the uniform that the new manager had given me previously. I walked out and asked my new colleagues what I’m supposed to do.

“ Listen here new kid, just because you were once famous that doesn’t mean that I could go easy on you. “ said one of the male staffs. The female staffs were glaring at him as if he has killed someone.

“ Eric-sshi, you just have to collect orders from the customers and that’s all. Once they had finished and left this place, go and clean up the table. Understood? “ the female staff pats my shoulder and left to finish up her work.

I was busy cleaning up the tables and collecting orders when suddenly a man with a walking stick entered the café. He was obviously blind but he is sure handsome like most actors out there. He wasn’t that tall but he sure does have wide shoulders. His hair was dyed red. His face was as if was sculptured by the ancient Greeks. I couldn’t see his eyes because he was wearing a black sunglass. I quickly went to him and assist him to find a table.

There were a few spare tables near my section and I seated him there. He thanked me and ordered a cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate cake. I walked back to the counter. I walked back to him with his order and sat right in front of him.

“ Here’s your order. “ I placed the chocolate cake and the coffee on the table. He thanked me and I just smiled.

 

Min Woo’s P.O.V

 

I walked into the café with my walking stick on my left hand. It is not that I’m blind or anything but I just wanted to test out the reactions of the staffs in this café. I had been working as a ‘blind person’ for the past three years and no one noticed it. Guess, I could be an actor soon. Soon, a young staff walked towards me and assisted me to my seat. He looked awfully familiar. Wait, isn’t he Mun Jung Hyuk?

He sat in front of me and I felt like laughing. Why can’t he recognize me? Mun Jung Hyuk! It’s me, your best pal, Lee Min Woo.

“ So why are you alone? “ he asked.

I choked. He quickly gave me my coffee. And he apologized.

“ It’s alright young man. Actually, I’m alone because I have no friends to hang out with. “ I replied.

Deep in my heart I feel like choking him and greet him like how I used to.

 

Flashback

 

“ Ya! Mun Jung Hyuk! “ I ran as fast as I could and jumped onto him. He looked at me and hit my head.

“ Ouch! That’s hurts. ” I mumbled. Both of us were best friends. Everyone who knew Mun Jung Hyuk will know me because we would always sticks together.

“ Min Woo, guess what? I’ve been accepted to Dongguk University. “ Eric smiled brightly. I congratulated him but I guess I couldn’t hide my expression well enough.

“ Hey, what’s wrong? “ he continued.

“ Nothing. I guess we won’t able to meet each other in the future. “ I replied with a sigh.

“ Why? “ he mumbled.

“ I’m going to Kookmin University Graduate School. “ I sighed for the second time. He gave me a warm hug before saying.

“ Yah! Min Woo. Who says that we can’t meet up? We could still hang out and have some drinks together. “

 

End of Flashback

 

“ Excuse me sir, you looked extremely familiar to me. May I know your name?“ he asked.

I burst of laughing, “ Yah! Mun Jung Hyuk! Still could not recognize me now? “ I took out my black sunglass.

“ Lee Min Woo-ah! So you are not blind? You ! Why the do you have to act like one blind person? “ he asked.

“ Well, I guess this is the end of my job though. “ I looked at the other staffs that were extremely shocked and I waved at them.

“ I have been acting as a blind person for the past three years and no one… let me emphasize the word NO ONE ever notice it. “  I continued.

I had to leave, as he has to finish up his work before he going to be kicked out because of me. Soon, it’s finally 10pm and he finally finished his work. He changed back to his ordinary clothes before leaving the café. He noticed me and asked,

“ You have been waiting here for the past eight hours? “ he looked at me weirdly.

“ Idiot! Do you think I am willing to wait for you here? For the past eight hours I have been walking around this neighborhood, enjoying my snack. “ I showed him the cup of sweet corns.

Both of us went back to Eric’s apartment to have some drinks and talk about life. About how we finished our studies and how Eric got casted by his agency. Soon it’s getting late and both of us were drunk.

“ Mun Jung Hyuk. I love you. “ I mumbled to him.

“ My special stupid, I love you too. “ he replied as he slowly lean towards me for a short yet passionate kiss.