calling ⇛ 29548E

Shinhwa One Shot Cafe { Closed Until Further Notice }

Title ; Mysterious Death Of Park Choong Jae & Mrs. Shin
Author's Note ; Sorry for the long wait. Hope you like it and Merry Christmas~


 

Hye Sung’s P.O.V

 

Darkness. Pure darkness. I couldn’t see a thing. I may not able to see it, but I could hear footsteps in the distance. I was grateful for the full moon. The low light allowed me to see a path. I started walking in the direction I thought would be best. Oh how I was wrong.

“ Bye Mom! “ I waved at my mother as I make my way out from the apartment. I hoped into my car and drove to Starbucks. I enjoyed working there. But lately, work hasn’t been the same.

As I parked my car, the radio suddenly to the local news station.

“ Oh god. I did not remember touching the button and I’m definitely sure that I wouldn’t want to the news. “ I mumbled to myself.

Good morning, this is Mun Jung Hyuk with your daily morning local news. There has been some breaking news here for us. There been a several cases of murder case in the district of Mapo. For now, there are eight people found dead, with the same situation, no blood. Usually, the victim’s body will be pale and drained of blood. But the odd thing is that, there’s no blood from where the blood could be drained. Another odd thing is that, all the eight cases were found dead on a full moon. There’s a full moon tonight, so residents, please be safe.

I turned off the radio and walked out from my car. As soon as I closed the door, I felt a cold wind blow on my neck. Today is such an odd day, I thought to myself.

I continued walking up to the door of Starbucks and everyone behind the counter greeted me happily.

“Morning Hye Sung! And Merry Christmas!” they cheered happily.

“Good morning to you too and have a wonderful Christmas, my colleagues.” I smiled at them.

Working during Christmas might actually been the worst thing ever but thanks to my wonderful colleagues, Christmas might actually never been the same ever. Especially to my best friend, Jun Jin or his real name, Park Choong Jae.

Jun Jin has been working with me since the beginning when the outlet was first opened three years back and both of us became close friends immediately. Jun Jin was actually a talent scout working for a small company called Shinhwa Company but got fired the very next day after he got hired. He told me that the company is blaming him, as all the people he had scouted were not so talented as what they had imagined. So, back to the story, both of us managed to be best friends and what best friends do? They always stick together.

Today’s business was tough. Too much customers to handle even though it’s Christmas but business still need to go on right? We managed to close the outlet on time, which is 8.30pm. Jun Jin locked up the store while I waited for him in my car.

We drove by the highway. Usually, if there’s any occasions or holidays, highways will be jammed. But unusually, it was empty. Both of us were admiring the beautiful scenery of the full moon.

“It’s beautiful.“ I mumbled to myself.

“The full moon. Yeah, it’s pretty.” Jun Jin replied.

“Oh by the way hyung, did you listen to this morning news? About the death on the full moon or something?” he continued.

“Jun Jin-ah, don’t trust it. You see, they might be planning to keep us at home during the full moon. And the victims were all females. Must for the females who loved to loiter around till midnight.” I replied, still looking at the full moon.

I was too busy staring to even notice someone run in front of my car. I slammed on the breaks. But when I looked out from the window, no one was there.

“Jun Jin-ah, since my house is near, I shall just walked home, go and drive back home.” I ordered him.

“But hyung, didn’t you listen to the news earlier this morning. They say not to loiter around alone.” The younger man yelled at him.

“I told you not to believe that stupid news. Aish. Just ing drive back home, you bastard.” I cursed at him before taking a metal pipe at the backseat and walked out from the car.

“Hyung, if there’s anything, don’t hesitate to call me.” The younger man replied.

I got out from my car and looked around. Nothing.

I was walking on the light path that the moon gave. The whole street lamps just died a few days ago and there’s no repairman changing the light bulb. Suddenly, the light was gone. It was fully dark now. I tried to turn around, but something stopped me. I could feel a presence behind me. All I could hear was a heavy breathing. And it wasn’t me. It was really terrifying; I took out my phone and turned off on the torchlight and run home.

The lights were off. Mom might be out to Dad’s house, I thought to myself. Well, my parents divorced since I was little not because Mom hates Dad or vice versa. They broke off their relationship because they say it was for the better. When I opened the door, a gust of cold air rushed pasted my face. I brushed it off and walked inside.

I dropped my bag on the couch along with my keys. It’s freezing cold in the apartment. And it is in the middle of winter. I walked towards the thermostat to see it says 32 degree Fahrenheit.

“What the heck?” I thought to myself and turned it to 80. I walked down the hall to my room to change from my uniform to a tank top and sweatpants. I walked back to the kitchen to make some tea.

Breaking news, a young female’s body and a young male’s body were found in the river below the highway of Mapo. Looks like this makes ten murders for the district of Mapo.

I looked over my countertop bar to see the television switched onto the news.

What’s with my appliances today?

I decided to leave the television alone, as the kettle is now whistling. I grabbed a mug and poured the steaming tea onto it. I slowly, waddled towards the couch, sitting down. The television was still broadcasting the same thing. “Breaking News”

I finished up my tea before deciding to lie down for a moment. After a few moments, I dozed off.

The female and the male of yesterday’s murder have been identified.

I woke up to the television announcing it. I looked at the clock at the bottom of the screen, 10 10am. I looked at the door side table to see Mom’s bag was there. Nothing. She must have slept at Dad’s place, I thought to myself. I grabbed the remote control to increase the volume.

The female body belongs to Mrs. Shin who lived at Apartment 102 with her older son, Shin Hye Sung. She was apparently was doing her daily night walk with her pet puppy, when she was attacked and drained of blood. Then, later, the body was found in the river. The other victim was Park Choong Jae who lived at Apartment 302 with his father, Charlie Park. He was driving at the highway, where his friend, Shin Hye Sung walked out from the car after slamming on the break. Choong Jae was dragged to the river where he was attacked, the same way the murderer did to Mrs. Shin.

Tears started forming in my eyes.

No.

This can’t be.

My best buddy and my mom are gone?

Someone please tell me it’s just a dream.