Chapter 7

Let Me See You (HIATUS)

Since Minseok had been supporting Saehee to try hard on fighting her disorder, she always kept in mind to try something new. She began a journal with all of her personal goals to help change her. Her first goal was: be the first to greet Jonguk at breakfast.

That morning, Saehee woke up a little earlier to beat her uncle to the dining table. She waited patiently for him to come down for breakfast. Her heart rate quickened out of nervousness. Jonguk came down at the same time as any other day. When he entered the living area he paused, surprised to see Saehee already there. "G-good morning Uncle," Saehee greeted him.

"Good morning. You're up early today," Jonguk stated.

"Yeah...I want to start coming to meals without having to be told."

"Oh, I see." Jonguk couldn’t hide the grin playing on his lips. He was ecstatic that Saehee talked to him first. “Did something good happen to you?” He asked, curious.

“Not exactly. Why?”

 “No reason.” Jonguk’s thoughts briefly turned to Minseok. Is there something going on between them? He quickly abandoned those thoughts when thinking that maybe Minseok was a positive influence on her. He had noticed that she’s been opening up little by little and smiling more.

 

 

---

 

 

Saehee walked up the staircase after breakfast, taking her time on each step.

"Saehee, where are you going?" The bunny-like figure returned to her side.

"I'm going to my bedroom."

"You should hop up each step instead of walking. Hopping is more fun."

"That's silly." Saehee giggled. Her bunny friend always brought out the child side in her. She reached the corner, and stopped when she saw the maid dusting a table in the hallway in the direction of her room.

"Saehee, who's that?"

"That's the house maid." The maid turned around when she heard Saehee speak. Saehee stopped again; she froze, scared that the maid would give her a weird look.

"S-sorry, I thought I heard something." Saehee stuttered out her apology.

"It's fine. No need to apologize." The maid smiled warmly at her.

She smiled at her. She didn't give her a weird look; she didn't run away; she didn't complain. She just smiled. Besides Minseok, she was the first who didn't make her feel abnormal.

"What's your name?" Saehee asked curiously.

"Eunjung," she answered with the smile still on her face.

"Eunjung," Saehee whispered the name to herself for memorization.

 “Oh, you weren’t there when I knocked on your door earlier.” Eunjung added.

“I was already downstairs.” Saehee responded. You’re always gone when I open the door anyway; you don’t want to see me, Saehee’s negative thoughts began to cloud her mind.

“Hmm, I look forward to getting you in the morning.” Eunjung gave an unexpected cute pout. She looked like a little kid with her dove-like eyes.

“Why?” Saehee asked, shocked that she would say something like that.

“It feels like I’m waking up my daughter,” she answered with a melancholic look. And right there the realization—though not very clear—hit her. Everyone has something about themselves hidden, she thought to herself. With that, Saehee made way for her bedroom. Before she stepped in, she turned around to face the maid.

"Thank you, Eunjung-shi."

"I don't know what I did, but you're welcome." A soft, delightful laugh was heard from her.

Saehee closed her door and rested her back on it—content on the events of the morning. She just planned to greet her uncle in the morning, and by good chance, she was able to talk to the maid, too. She also got a clear view of her face which she always wondered about.

Saehee couldn't wait to tell Minseok about her success.


(updated: 12-13-13)