Chapter 17

Let Me See You (HIATUS)

Eunjung made her way to Saehee's room to check on her for the first time that day. She knocked once and waited for a reply. She became uneasy; there was no response. Usually Saehee would open the door and tell her that she's fine.

She knocked again, but same outcome. She placed her hand on the door knob and slowly turned the handle. Her eyes widened, wasn’t expecting that it would be unlocked. She took a peak through the crack of the door and found no one inside.

She dashed down the hallway, the clicks from her heels sounding urgent, and into Jonguk's private study.

Jonguk looked up from his work in shock at Eunjung's sudden appearance. "What a surprise. I thought we mutually decided to avoid each other as much as possible," Jonguk coldly greeted her.

"Where's Saehee?" she asked.

"I see you haven't heard about Saehee attending school again," he simply answered.

"She's what? She already tried and came back to lock herself in her room. Do you know what you're doing to her?" Eunjung furrowed her brows in confusion.

"I'm trying...I'm trying to give her the freedom to do what she wants."

"And what if what she wants isn't the right thing?" Eunjung retorted his statement.

"Then that's how she'll learn. One can't learn without facing sorrow."

"Tch," Eunjung scoffed, "All of a sudden Saehee's given back to you and you have so many wise words to say."

"How long are you planning to stay here anyway? Honestly, the only reason you're still here is because I pity you." Jonguk spat.

"I'll stay here as long as she's here. And I'll gladly take your pity Jonguk." Eunjung angrily walked out of Jonguk's study, purposely slamming the door behind her.

Jonguk slumped into his chair, totally worn out after talking to Eunjung for not even a minute. "You're right Dongjun, she hasn't changed one bit. Maybe that's why I fell for her in the first place..." Jonguk muttered to himself.

 

---

 

"We all have gym class together remember?" Lay reminded Saehee who looked surprised to see all of them walking in the same direction.

Saehee made an 'o' shape with when remembering their schedules. The group split up into their designated locker rooms.

Saehee fast-walked her way into the girls' locker room to ask the teacher what to do. The teacher kindly gave her a form with her locker number and combination, along with a two sets of gym clothes. When she arrived at her assigned locker she noticed everyone already changing or already dressed in the gym attire.

She turned her back from the judging eyes as she quickly yanked her clothes off and shoved her gym clothes on. Since she arrived later in the school year, she was last to receive the clothes, making her clothes twice her size. They were comfortably baggy and she didn't mind them so much, besides that she had to tighten the waist of her shorts to its maximum so that they won't suddenly fall off.

When she was finished changing, all the other females began heading out into the gym to begin class. Saehee quietly closes her locker after safely securing her belongings inside--she was aware of theft in schools--and then proceeded to follow her classmates out.

She immediately spotted the tall duo, Kris and Tao, freely chatting near the bleachers along with the rest of her friends. She hurried her way through the sea of students to meet them.

“Aw, you look so cute,” Jongdae went up in front of Saehee to admire her small frame being emphasized by the baggy clothing. Minseok caught Jongdae’s comment about Saehee and his eyes immediately wondered over to her. Jongdae certainly wasn’t wrong; she looked incredibly adorable.

“Give her some space,” Luhan nudged Jongdae to the side

"Okay, you know the drill. Get in pairs and stretch!" The gym teacher called out into the crowd of talkative students.

Minseok shot up from his seat and tapped Saehee's shoulder. "Want to be partners?" he asked.

Saehee nodded. She followed along with his stretches. First they did normal arm stretches by crossing one arm over their chest and switching after a few seconds to loosen the muscles. Then they went onto leg stretches which required them to hold on to each other for support. "To do this you grab one foot to stand on one leg. And you can use your free hand to hold onto me to keep balance," Minseok explained.

Saehee nodded, following his instructions. She grabbed one foot and immediately lost her balance. Minseok pulled her free hand up to rest it on his shoulder. "I can help you balance," Minseok laughed.

Saehee nodded in understanding. She couldn't look him directly in the eye because of how close they had to be to do this. They were literally only a few inches away from each other.

"Today we're going to take it easy and play some dodge ball. If you get hit by a ball you're out; if you catch a ball, the person he threw it is out and a person out can come back in; the side with no more playable students is out; divide yourselves into two groups and when everyone's ready we'll begin!" The coach announced the directions.

"Saehee you're in our group," Lay told her before jogging over to their side of the gym.

"Okay," she responded. She began going over to that side, but stopped when seeing Minseok taking a seat on the bleachers.

She went over to him asked, "Are you not playing?"

"Well you see," he scratched his head, "Because of my heart condition I can't participate in gym. I only do stretches and walk the track. Go on, the game's starting soon." He shooed her off and she obeyed.

Minseok sighed as he watched her walk away. At times like these, he really wished he could join them.

The game quickly started and dodge balls scattered the gym floor. Students were running and sliding against the wooden floor to get people out. Saehee darted her eyes nervously from one person to another while grasping one ball in her shaking hands. She honestly didn't want to take the chance to throw the ball and hurt anyone.

"If you don't want to throw the ball just collect them and give them to us," Jongdae told her. He snatched the ball from her hands and threw it at a kid not paying attention. She nodded her head in thanks.

From time to time Saehee would watch Minseok from the corner of her eye, completely distracted from the game. "Woooo!" Minseok happily cheered on his friends from the side lines.

Kris swiftly jumped in front of Saehee and caught the ball before it could collide into her face. "Don't get distracted," he scolded the small girl before throwing the ball to the other side.

Saehee blinked, unaware of what just happened, so she just slightly bowed to Kris before he went on to grab a ball rolling on the floor.

She noticed how whenever their group friends would get someone out Minseok would compliment them and cheer for them. She desperately desired the same treatment.

Saehee made an effort to at least get a few of the players out by catching the balls. A few times she failed, letting the ball fly right pass her. She eagerly tucked her hair behind her ear and scanned the room for any balls coming her way.

She spotted a female with weak throws aiming at her; she took the chance to not budge and allow the ball to come right at her to catch. As the ball came closer, somewhere in that time she closed her eyes, and when she opened her eyes the ball was in her hands.

"Out!" The teacher pointed at the student that threw the ball. The student grumpily left the arena for the bleachers where the other students who got out had to wait.

Saehee gaped in astonishment at the sight of the ball securely in her hands. She right away looked at Minseok who completely missed her big moment. She frowned at his obliviousness to her.

Minseok turned and saw Saehee staring at him. He grinned and waved at her. Saehee snapped out of her daze and saw his wave. She lightly blushed, shyly waving back at him.

Good enough, Saehee smiled to herself, and then handed the ball to Tao.


A/N: I am surprised that I updated today. Sorry my lovely subscribers that I've been taken longer to update. But you know, "dat senior life" lol. Thanks for reading!

(updated: 2-2-14)