Chapter 3

Let Me See You (HIATUS)

Saehee arrived in the study room early. Since the morning she had asked her uncle for a tutor, she hadn't been able to solve the equation. It really frustrated her to the point of crying.

Having not been in the study room since the summer of last year, she walked around the room to get familiar with it. The colors of the room were the same as everywhere else in the house: shades of red. Each wall contained a grand book shelf filled with reference books of music history and such. The middle of the room had a single work desk with an arm chair. A sofa-like chair was placed in front of the desk. Lastly, there wasn’t a window looking over any scenery like what the piano room had. Overall, the study room was dull.

After a few minutes of waiting in the arm chair, a knock was heard at the door. The door slowly opened and a boy with pale skin entered the study. His dyed brown hair was neatly combed back, revealing his forehead; he was dressed in black slacks and a blue striped sweater with a white long sleeved collar shirt underneath.

"Annyeong, my name is Baozi, and I'll be your math tutor." Minseok extended out his hand for Saehee to shake. He took a moment to examine her appearance. She looked exactly the same way she did the first time he saw her out in the backyard: beautiful. She wore a dark purple long sleeved shirt and a black skirt with black knee high stockings.  She definitely had a formal yet some-what casual fashion sense.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Saehee," she ignored his hand shake to avoid touching him, "Your name is Baozi?" She asked for confirmation.

Minseok took the initiative to grab Saehee's hand to shake it. She immediately stiffened at his warm touch. "Well, my name is actually Kim Minseok, but feel free to call me Baozi," he answered before letting go of her hand. She immediately pulled back, and then folded her hands into her lap. Crap, did I come on too strong? He mentally scolded himself. Even though he regretted touching her, at the same time he didn't. He wanted to get her out of her comfort zone.

“Baozi is steamed bun in Chinese."

"Ohh, daebak, you know Chinese?"

"I...know a few words."

"Ahh," Minseok’s eyes flickered to Saehee's thick framed glasses. "Hey, can I see those?" He asked while already snatching the glasses off of Saehee's face. He tried them on. "Do I look smart now?" he blinked multiple times. Saehee furrowed her eyebrows, quickly becoming irritated by her off topic and touchy tutor. She grabbed her glasses off of him, and slipped them back onto her face.

“How old are you by the way? I’m eighteen.” Minseok pressed on about irrelevant things.

“Sixteen.”

“Really? I didn’t think you were so young. You can call me Oppa.”

"Minseok-shi! You're my tutor, so please just tutor me. And no, I won’t call you Oppa; we aren’t close."

Honestly, he didn’t know why he suddenly had an urge to be straight forward with her. He originally just planned on strictly talking about math, but right when he saw her up close, he wanted to get close with her as soon as possible—even if it meant making a fool of himself.

Saehee opened up her textbook and slid it toward Minseok so that he can clearly see the page. "I'm having trouble with this equation." Upon hearing this he took a seat in the chair across from her, and then gave her a well thought out explanation of how to solve the problem. He even jotted down example problems for her to take a look at. At the end of his small lecture, he added a squeaky, "Do you get it now?"

All Saehee could respond was, "Yeah, I understand now." She was too in shock from her tutor's in depth explanation. To think this guy is actually a good teacher, she pondered the thought.

At the end of their tutor session, the two of them rose from their seats. "Thank you for your help. I'll try a few problems tonight so that you can check them tomorrow." Saehee announced. Minseok felt a rush of relief pass through him after hearing that she still wanted to continue the tutoring. "But," she began, "I would appreciate it if you didn't touch me or talk about anything not relating to math. I'm sure that my uncle told you that I'm schizophrenic." There it was again. Her uncle had said something like that before; using her mental disorder as an excuse to avoid certain things.

"I'm fully aware of that," Minseok replied. A strong want to help Saehee overcome her mental disorder filled his heart. Ba-thump. A violent thump hit Minseok’s chest. He immediately placed his hand over his chest where his heart was. A pained expression formed on his face. "Are you okay?" Saehee asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Excuse me." Minseok rushed out of the study room and headed for the nearest bathroom on the first floor. He shut the door behind him before quickly pulling out a clear container of white pills from his pants pocket. He emptied out one pill and swallowed it. A few minutes passed of him just standing there, allowing his breathing to return to normal.


A/N: I need to calm down with updating. I'm just so excited about this story a;dlfjkasdlfj Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and tell me what you think :3

(updated: 12-8-13)