A Girl From U.S

My Secret Husband

You went panicked, “What should I do”.

“You’re living here now?” Baro asked while looking at you.

“A-actually….” you stuttered.

“Wae? Just tell him,” Jinyoung pressured you.

You gave Jinyoung a glare. You then walked to Baro and dragged him away from there, “Let’s go”.

Baro who was indeed needed an explanation just followed your lead, leaving Jinyoung alone.

 

Both of you were walking together on the street.

“Ummhh…How do you know I was there?” you started the conversation to break the silence.

Baro was walking next to you. “I went to your old house. Your neighbor said that there’s no one staying there anymore. So, where else to find you? Thanks to Nami who saw you came out from Jinyoung’s house. That’s how I figure this out,” he said.

Your tongue went numb. “I don’t know what to say…This dinner plan is just a trap that Baro made for me…”

Baro stopped walking, “That’s why you don’t want me to fetch you or walk you home, right? Because you’ve moved to Jinyoung’s house. Why are you staying there then? What happened to your family?”

You scratched the back of your head although it was not itchy, “They are fine…”

“Where are they?”

“Ummh…Baro….” You looked at him, “What is that face? Is he angry? Worry?”

“Is it so hard to tell me? Yah, I thought we share our secrets because we’re best friends. But why did you keep about this just to yourself?”

“Because I like you, that is why I don’t want you to know…” you said.

Baro just remained silent while his eyes were still glued to you.

“There is no dinner in the first place, right? Then I should be heading home now…I’m really sorry, Baro-ya…” you then walked away.

And so did Baro, he walked towards the opposite direction.

 

You kept walking until you were in front of your old house. “I miss this house…” you sat down by the street. You kept your head down, “It’s your mistake, ______. You shouldn’t have fallen for your own best friend,” your eyes started to get teary.

 

Meanwhile, Jinyoung was awaked because he wanted to go to the toilet. He looked at the clock on the wall. He then changed his view to the couch you were always sleeping on, “Where is she? It’s already 1a.m. now. What kind of dinner is she having? Aish, jinjja…!”

Jinyoung searched for you around the house, just in case you were somewhere there. But you were nowhere to be found. He asked the security guard but he said you were not home yet. Jinyoung was in fidget.

He had no choice but to call Baro.

“I said it. _______ is not here. Why do you care so much?” Baro said through the phone.

“It’s none of your business”.

“Hyung, I don’t know what happened between you and her. But please, don’t treat her like she’s a toy that you can play with…like what you did to your girls…”

Jinyoung just hanged up the phone, “Where is she?!” Jinyoung then decided to look out for you. His hand kept pressing the phone, calling for your number.

In the end, Jinyoung saw you were walking on the street with your head kept looking down to the ground.

Jinyoung walked towards you and both of you bumped to each other.

“I’m sorry,” you said with a weak voice, did not even care to look at his face.

Jinyoung grabbed tight your arm. You turned to look at him, “Oh, sunbae”.

He looked at your red eyes, “You still couldn’t tell him”.

“I will…” you said. You then pushed Jinyoung’s hand away from your arm, “Let’s go home now. I’m tired…physically and mentally tired…”

 

The next morning, you just reached your school. As you entered your class, you saw Baro was sitting on his seat while talking to some of his friends. Your eyes met his, but he just ignored you and continued talking to his friends.

You felt a pain somewhere in your heart. You then took your seat, “I guess Baro is angry with me because I couldn’t tell him the secret”. You turned your back to look at him, “Baro-ya…” you called him. He paused his talking and looked at you.

“It’s about…” you could not finish your sentence as the teacher had already entered the class.

You looked to the front, to your teacher. You just swallowed your sigh. Suddenly a girl came and stood beside the teacher.

“You’ll be having a new friend today,” the teacher said to the class. “Now, introduce yourself” she said to the new student.

Everyone in the class was focusing on her. You looked around to find that the boys were smiling like crazy because of that beautiful new girl.

“Annyeong~!” she showed her cheerful and cute side, “My name is Hannah. Hannah Kim. I just came back from U.S and now I want to finish my study here. Nice to meet all of you,” she gave a bright smile.

Later, she took her seat behind your right side. You looked at her and she just smiled at you.

 

 

You replied her smile, “Hi! My name is Lee ______”.

“Hi! Nice to meet you, ________!” she smiled again. 

You took your chance to glance at Baro. He was getting ready for the lesson.

 

Later after few periods had passed, the bell rang giving a sign that it was time for recess.

After buying the food, you took your seat at the table you usually sat. You stared at the food, “This is what I don’t like…eating alone…” you poked your food using the chopsticks you were holding.

Baro then came and sat beside you.

You looked at him, “He’s here…He’s not angry?” You were actually happy to see him there with you. “Don't you want to eat?” you asked him since he sat there without bringing anything.

“Ani, I’m not hungry. Go on, eat..” he stared at you.

You looked at him again, “What are you staring at? You make me feel awkward,” you said.

Not long after that, Jinyoung with his companion came and filled in the empty seats in front of you. You could see Jinyoung face to face since he sat opposite you. Jinyoung was keeping his eyes on both of you.

 

 

Baro looked at him but then he changed his view to you while you just ignored Jinyoung.

“Baro-ya, are you still angry with me?” you asked while eating your food.

“A bit..”

“I’m really sorry. Just forget it that I said I like you,” you said and suddenly you felt something came to your right cheek. You dropped your chopsticks.

You touched your cheek and looked to your side, to Baro. You looked at him with your shock looking face.

“H-he kissed me!” your face turned red.

Jinyoung who saw that automatically stood up from his seat, making his friends to get a shock by his action and so did you and Baro. Jinyoung glared at Baro in disbelief.

Baro looked at you, “Does that makes you clear about my feeling towards you?”

“Baro-ya…”

Jinyoung was about to leave when suddenly Kim Hannah came and hugged Jinyoung, “Oppa~~!! You’re here! I was looking for you. I’m now studying in this school together with you!” she said.

Hannah’s voice was quite loud that people started to whisper to each other while looking at them. Moreover, Jinyoung was a hot stuff. That scene had successfully garnered everyone’s attention.

You were not over with Baro’s kiss yet, but then you got a shock after another. You looked at them, “Hannah….and Jinyoung…?”  

 

To be continued...