Chapter 2: The Girl in Room 301

The Night the Stars stopped shining

Chapter 2

The girl in room 301

 

*Baekhyun's POV*

 

I roll my sleeves down and wince at the pain that shoots through my arm. Ughh. I hate vaccines. I was about to go -as planned- when something, someone caught my attention.

 

She had an IV needle in her hand but she was clapping her hands, pointing at the television and laughing. I've never seen someone laughing as much as her in a hospital especially someone confined.

 

I stop in my tracks and just stare. I don't know her and I've never seen her before but she catches my interest -something that's never happened before.

 

I can't describe her. No description would be accurate enough to depict this girl in front of me. She's pale but she's glowing, the bags under her eyes tell me she hasn't been sleeping right but she's emanating warmth. She had disheveled hair but she still manages to look neat most of all her smile seems out of place, it's a smile one would not see in the hospital, it's a smile that would represent life. She gives life to this dull and scary place.

 

A smile tugs on my lips and look up to see the room number; 301.

 

I don't know how it started. I never visited the hospital daily and yet here I am, already on the third day just sitting outside her room, stealing glances at the girl in room 301. I close my eyes and listen to the music blaring from my earphones then I remember the conversation I had with a nurse when I asked about the girl.

 

"Why is she here?" I had asked, the nurse bowed down sadly and answered in such a hushed tone that I asked myself I had only imagined her answer.

 

"I'm sorry sir but I can't disclose anything if you aren't here immediate relative. That's the way she wants it." I just nod in disappointment; I didn't even get her name.

 

I open my eyes, remove the earphones in my ears and stretch a little. My eyes grow wide when I hear something I never thought I'd hear.

 

"Poor Cho Mee, this is supposed to be her last day here. She's such a sunshine too." a nurse said.

 

"Who's she?" the other asks.

 

"The girl in room 301."

 

That's all I needed to hear.  Cho Mee, so that's her name. I go home for the day and ponder on the thought that she'd still be there tomorrow. Trapped in a place that the life out of everyone, I hope she doesn't stop glowing.

 

The fourth day was different, she wasn't smiling and her usual demeanor changed. She looked like she aged 5 years, her puffy eyes, blank eyes and tear streaked face betrayed the smile pasted on her face. What had happened? What did she find out?

 

I don't know how long I can still hold out without knowing anything. It' only been four days and yet I wanted to know this stranger, this girl I haven't even spoken to, this entity that lightened up this monochromatic place.

 

I just pray that when I have mustered up the courage to take the steps onto her door and knock, she'll still be there, warmly welcoming me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update. HEHEHHE. Didn't see that coming? LOL hope you guys like this one! 

To jintrix: I'm starting to repay my debt. LOL :)))

 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul