Chapter 6: Help

The Night the Stars stopped shining

Chapter 6

Help

 

*Chanyeol's POV*

 

We haven't seen Baekhyun for a while. We know it's because of Cho Mee's situation but we can't just let him throw everything he's worked so hard for away. The director already called his attention but he's still always a no-show and the head is threatening to fire him.

 

So we went for a visit. We knew what room Cho Mee's in because Baek used to call her 'The girl in room 301' but when we got there what we saw tugged the strings of our hearts and suddenly we understood Baek.

 

On the bed was a girl so thin that she looked like she would break, attached to her was a dozen of needles that were for different machines and she was pale, so pale but even though she looked like this, she still sat up and smiled as we entered. When she spoke her voice was hoarse.

 

"Hi, thank you for visiting but Baek isn't here. I don't really know where he is." she tells us.

 

The others bow and place all their gifts on the table while I went out to look for Baek. I asked the nurses there and they told me he was in Chapel. It struck me as unusual since he isn't really the religious type but I go to check anyway.

 

The Chapel wasn't well lit but I could see it was beautiful; there were only two of them in there. An old woman and Baekhyun. He was kneeling. I come in, pay respects then sit beside him, and he doesn't even look to see who it was. Minutes later he sits down. He just sits; he didn't speak, he didn't even look at me then he stands up and goes, I just follow him.

 

He stops a few meters away from the chapel, we were in an empty hall way and he faces me; that's when it struck me, Baekhyun isn't the same. He's lost a lot of weight, the dark circles under his eyes we're prominent it wasn't only in the physical aspect; there was something big missing too, something I thought he'd never lose. He's losing his soul; the soul we knew, the soul where the happy and bright Baekhyun is. He's gone, for now.

 

"Chanyeol, I need your help." His voice wakes me up from my reverie and my eyes grow wide when I see the tears rolling down his cheeks. "She's dying."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Like I said, another short chapter. HUHUHUHU. Sorry guys! :((( 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul