Chapter 3: On the other side of life

The Night the Stars stopped shining

Chapter 3

On the other side of life

 

*Baekhyun's POV*

 

It's been a month since I've known her – Cho Mee-and I still find a smile on my face whenever I remember the first time she laid eyes on me.

 

I will always remember, it was the fifth day and for some reason I dressed up. I never knew why that day I decided to rummage through my wardrobe and look nice but I'm glad I did. I was sitting on my usual spot -all stiff- when her family came and it only took a second for her youngest brother to point at me and yell "Baek!"

 

My eyes grew wide as she leans sideways to take a peak. I remember how my heart suddenly beat faster, how I anticipated her reaction. I was more than sure that she didn't notice me, if she did she'd surely ask about me, wouldn't she? Was what I thought. Instead of her eyes growing wide in shock, she just looked at me then smiled.

 

This had left me surprised, I'm not boasting but almost everyone in Korea knew who I am, how could she not? Then I remember how a few minutes later her mother invited me to come inside and her first words to me were "Hello Baekhyun-ssi, nice to finally meet you." I remembered how a tear rolled down her cheek as she smiled and how everything went silent.

 

Now, I've been finding ways to be with her without neglecting my career -it isn't an easy task but if every time before my day would end I would see her smile and laugh then it's worth it.

 

She's been confined for a month and five days but not a single doctor knows what's wrong with her. Sometimes she would seem like a normal healthy person but sometimes IT would attack. She would thrash around the bed, eyes rolled all the way back with only the whites showing, gasping for air, white bubbles coming out of and every time that would happen she would be sent to the ICU and I wouldn't get to rest.

 

How could I? It's only been a month and yet I know almost everything about her; she's like an open book sometimes and I love what I'm seeing.

 

When she gets back from the ICU she would just stare at the ceiling for hours, tears running freely from her weary eyes; I would always want to wipe those tears away, hold her close and tell her that everything's going to be okay but I don't do it partly because if I do that it's me admitting that I've fallen for this girl but mostly because doing that would just burden her more- I can't risk it.

 

One more thing I noticed is that when she comes back from the ICU she wouldn't get to sleep for days and she would always ask me to sing for her- she would just close her eyes and sway to the song. I asked her about it once and the only answer I got was "I'm scared." I don't know if she's scared of the attack happening again or if she's afraid that if she closes her eyes, she'd never get to open it again. I don't acknowledge either theory-it hurts too much even just by thinking about it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another Chapter! :3 Enjoy! 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul