Chapter 10: Fin.

The Night the Stars stopped shining

Chapter 10

Fin.

 

*Baekhyun's POV*

 

It's been roughly four months since she left me and I'm still miserable. I'm jobless, I'm drunk almost every night and I always end up crying; asking God why he needed to take away the most precious thing in my life but no answer ever came.

 

I know I promised her that I would live my life so I tried. Chanyeol and the others set me up on dates but it never worked; I was too busy comparing all of them to Cho Mee while they were too busy complementing me. In the end Cho Mee is incomparable.

 

No one would ever have the same smile, laugh or eyes.

 

The night she died, that was the night where everything turned black and white. People and events turned boring and uninteresting; Couples seemed to fake or unrealistic and the night sky, the once beautiful night sky turned into a black abyss of nothingness - the stars that Cho Mee and I watched that night stopped shining, it was as if they began mourning the moment she stopped breathing.

 

Once again, I was drunk. The music blared from my speakers, a bottle of vodka in my hand. This I how I have lived for the past months, drowning the pain I feel with music and alcohol but this night is different from the other nights because tonight she came to me, I don't know if it's a dream or a delusion and I don't care, all I know is that she came.

 

I was sitting on the chair, drinking when suddenly she appeared. She wore a white dress and white flats. At first she just smiled at me sadly then she asked

 

"What are you doing Baek?" I couldn't answer, all I could tell her was "You're here, you're back." over and over again.

 

"Shhh. Listen." she tells me, cupping my face in her hands, making me stop.

 

"Please stop this. You're ruining your life. You're running from the fact that I'm not here anymore but you can't run forever. Stop wasting your time. Please, live your life. I want you to live it as if I'm still with you. I love you Baek and it hurts me to watch you like this. So please stop." then she disappears.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

It's been 25 years since it happened. Today is the anniversary of her death. My dark colored hair has been replaced by white and greying ones, my once flawless skin is now wrinkled and my heart, my heart that had once been pumping energetically is now growing weaker as the days pass but she still holds it- she always did.

 

I lied on the bed, staring at the picture Cho Mee's mother gave me -to remember her when she was still glowing- she had said. This has been my ritual since I woke up from the night she came. Before I slept, I would always talk to this picture knowing that somewhere she heard me.

 

I was already sound asleep when I felt a cold wind. Did I forget to close the windows again? I opened my eyes shocked to see Cho Mee in front of me; she hasn't aged a day and she was still the same. She was smiling at me and when I made my way towards her she stretched her hands.

 

"Are you ready to be with me for eternity?" she asks, her voice melodic.

 

"I am." 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DONE! This is actually my first time writing a fic in this genre (angst) so pardon my mediocre skills. :(( But I promise I'll practice! :D Comment. Subscribe. Show some love? ;)

To my friend Jintrix: I don't know how this made you feel but I really hope you like it! :)) I know you've read tons of fics -especially in this genre and I know I can't compare but still, I tried. :))) 

Happy Reading everyone! :D

xoxoxo Kyon Seul