Chapter 7: At the Brink

The Night the Stars stopped shining

Chapter 7

At the brink

 

*Chanyeol's POV*

 

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Cho Mee's dying? They still didn't know what her sickness is right? I just stood frozen on my spot until I see Baek get down on his knees shaking. I immediately go to him and try to get him up but he wouldn't.

 

"Yeol, what should I do? I've been praying and you know that I don't do that often but I've been praying that she would continue to live even if that meant taking a few years of life from mine. But does he answer? No. This is all I've asked him to do and yet he remains silent. Is there even a God? If so why would he let someone like Cho Mee die? She doesn't deserve any of this yeol. She doesn't. I can't live without her, I don't even want to think about It." he says.

 

Once he got up and sat, I just looked at him. Dumbfounded. My best friend is broken and I can't even do anything about it. A beep goes and he instantly gets his phone, he reads the message and in a split second his eyes are filled with anger. He stands and stomps his way to the nurses' station. When he saw Cho Mee's doctor, he bursts.

 

"Yah! How can you even call yourself a doctor huh? -He shoves him- you're supposed to heal people aren't you? And yet why is Cho Mee still here. This hospital prides itself in being the best in everything and yet you can't tell what's wrong with her?! You're just letting her either away! Taking samples of blood when you need it, putting new machines that doesn't even help in her recovery! What do you guys think you're doing? You're killing her!" he was about to punch the guy when I pulled him away.

 

"Yah. Baekhyun, stop this. Do you think Cho Mee would like it when she sees her doctor with a bruised face only to know that it was your fault?" I tell him and he just sits there, staring at nothing.

 

"I can't lose her Chanyeol. If I lose her, I'll lose myself." he looks at me. His eyes red and tired.

 

I smile at him sadly, patting his back. I know this would not help him that much but I don't know how else I can offer my friend comfort, even for just a little while. I just hope that even just this once, God would hear his prayer because I don't know if he'll still break through or he'd give up and be the reason for his own destruction when she bids farewell.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tell me what you think! :D Subscribe. Comment. Vote. :))

xoxoxo Kyon Seul