Chapter 1: Dirty White

The Night the Stars stopped shining

Chapter 1

Dirty White

 

*Cho Mee’s POV*

 

Dirty white colored walls surrounded me. The scent of sanitizer and sick people engulfed my sense of smell. The temperature of the room gives me goose bumps. I sigh, close my eyes and rest my head on the wall.

 

I've been in my doctor's waiting room for quite some time and I don't have much time to spare, I still have articles I need to finish and interviews I needed to schedule. I gulp and thought 'just a little bit more'. Ever since I was a child I never liked hospitals; scratch that, I never could stand hospitals. The thought of people suffering and at times dying in one place sends chills down my spine; it’s too morose that I can't even stand the thought.

 

"Kang Cho Mee- ssi" I open my eyes and quickly make my way inside when the secretary calls my name. At last, a few more minute and I'm out of this place.

 

I sit myself down across Mr. Choi- my doctor. I should've known it was nothing good when he offered me a week smile after examining my x-rays and ultrasounds but I was too busy adjusting my schedule to notice it.

 

-------------------------------------

 

I slowly drag my feet on the hallway and let my tear roll down my cheek as I recall what Mr. Choi told me.

 

"According to your results almost nothing is out of place but we saw signs of the beginning of another cease- given your situation I highly recommend a three day observation. Just to be safe."

 

Just to be safe? I thought I was done with the whole unsure of being able to live thing after I had to surgically remove a third organ. I've been battling with this disease ever since my first year in college and it didn't stop there.

 

I'm an incomplete entity; like a mannequin without it's limbs; a bird without its wings; a person without a face-I'm half dead. I laugh bitterly at the thought.

 

Another tear rolls down my cheek as I imagine how my family would react, especially my mother. We all thought this phase of my life was over and we were relieved-maybe we were too relieved- they'll be heart broken and it's because her only daughter is in harm of dying-again. I sigh, I don't want to break the news to them and if I didn't need to, I wouldn't.

 

It isn't just the mental and emotional aspect though; it's also a matter of financial capacity. We aren't rich, we aren't well off either. What we have, we make it work. It's always been like that but I'm not complaining, I love my family and I didn't want to burden them more than I already have.

 

I gasp as I felt a stab of pain in my stomach, I position myself against the wall to keep myself from falling; I clutch my stomach as the pain grew and I try to call out for help but no voice came out. The lack of air in my lungs makes me dizzy and the floor comes nearer, my head comes in lands on the tiled floor with a resounding thud. I see white shoes run towards me then darkness claims me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meow Meow! Update. :3 It's short. hehe. XD what you guys think?

xoxoxo Kyon Seul