The Truth Unwrapped

When Girls Take-Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungmin's POV

 First day on the job and I already have my first task! I need to take care of two kids who got detention so I told them to arrange the books as I stamp some books. I hope that they don't cause any trouble because I want to show a good impression to the school and to let them see that I'm not just 'an ordinary school librarian'.

As I was stamping books, I heard a loud bump at the back of the library. Worriedly; I left my post and went back there as quickly s possible. I think I spoke too soon about them two causing trouble. But when I got there, I was shocked to see them on top of each other with their lips touching. I wouldn't call it a kiss since the position is quite awkward if you ask me.

 The girl quickly got up from him and she quickly backed herself up on a bookshelf behind her covering . The boy just sat up and brushed his fingers against his lips as I exchanged glances at the both of them. I cleared my throat and crossed my arms at them and gave them one of my (fail) deceiving looks. "Someone explain to me what's actually happening here," I said to them.

 "We... wanted to put a book up on the shelf when we... fell on to each other when we lost our balance," said the girl rather too quickly and that's when I noticed that the tip of her upper lip was red and I totally forgot my manners so I just held up my hand and pointed my finger on my lips trying to give her a hint and she looked at me confusingly.

 "Oh Taeyeon! You're bleeding!" the boy pointed out to the girl and when I looked at him; he also had a small red mark on his bottom lip and I pointed it out to him as well as he gasped dramatically. "It's... it's nothing. We'll be alright," said the girl and I just nodded slowly at them as they both stood up and the girl smacked the boys shoulder playfully and I winced a bit at the sight of it.

  But there’s one thing I’ll admit though; they both look so cute together I don’t even know why.  And that’s when I asked them, “Are you both dating?” and their eyes widen at me I chuckled a bit. They both exchanged glances and the girl started to blush slowly but controlling it and the boy is scratching his head uncomfortably. “We’re... just friends. We got detention together and easy to say-“ “It’s quite complicated really, but we are certainly not dating,” the girl cut off the boy when he was talking.

  “Well you know what?” I leaned on the bookshelf. “I don’t believe you guys for a second. You can go now; I’ll finish it up later,” I said to them and they bowed at me before they gathered their things and left the library. I then started to arrange the remaining books on the cart in the quiet library alone. My first day here wasn’t really that bad and I’m looking forward for tomorrow.

Author’s POV

  The next morning, Sunny went to school a bit too early just to return the book she borrowed from the library two weeks ago before she was overdue. And when she got there, the library was already unlocked so she just entered and that’s when she noticed the new librarian at the entrance writing something in the log book.

  “Excuse me,” she called out to him as she walked up to the counter and when Sungmin turned around, he dropped the pen that he was holding and Sunny dropped her book on the floor followed by a loud thud. They were both speechless as they stood there; looking in to each other’s eyes too lost in a trance.

  “Uh... I would want to return this book please,” said Sunny when she snapped out of her trance and bent down to pick her book up from the floor and placed it on the counter. Sungmin then did the same thing to his pen on the floor and shook his head several times to be more focus this time.  And when they stood up to face each other again, they both smiled shyly at each other before Sunny handed the book to him and their fingers were brushed against each other.

  Sunny pulled her hand back to her chest and hopefully that the scarf she was wearing could be the reason why that her cheeks are heated up.  She then looked back up to Sungmin, the new librarian and wanted to show him that the students here are all friendly and not ignorant just to make sure that he would stay.

  “Uh...” Sunny stuttered at first but then gathered all of her confidence together to avoid Sungmin to stare at her even much longer.  “So, you just worked here?” she asked him shyly as she fiddled her fingers together and Sungmin looked up at her again after he signed the book’s ticket. “Yes, I just started working here yesterday,” he explained to her as Sunny nodded slowly at him.

  “And... your name is?” Sunny asked him bravely and hoping that she hasn’t gone overboard yet. “Sungmin. Lee Sungmin,” he introduced himself to her with a smile that just made Sunny’s heart flutter like a butterfly. “And you are?”

  Asking for his name was one thing. But when he asked back her name was another thing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter