9

What Are We Exactly?

"Here's your ice cream baby." Kyuhyun smiled at the little one. 

"Thanks uncle!" Lyndon smiled back as Kyuhyun ruffled his hair before standing up and smiling at the woman beside him. 

"I can see that you missed me a lot." He chuckled as Kim just gave him a small smile. 

"Eat your ice cream slowly." Kim kneeled down to be eye-leveled with her son. 

"Come on I'll take you home." Kyuhyun offered as Kim just stood up, preparing to decline his offer when someone interrupted her. 


"Kyuhyunnie, I already ordered and I think the only available seats were upstairs." A woman, who's about the same age as them, walked up to Kyuhyun, clinging her arm unto his'. 

Kim held her breath, bitting her lower lip and pretending that she didn't saw what that woman just did. 

 


"Ahh really? Oh, Lina I'd like you to meet Kim." He said, smiling at Kim. "Kim, this is my Japanese friend I was talking about." 

"Kim...?" Lina asked, tilting her head a little but immediately smiling after realizing who she is.  "Lina." 

"Hi Lina." Kim smiled, bowing at her. "You speak Korean?" 

"Yeah.. Kyuhyun taught me. Though I'm half Korean, I still grew up in Japan." 

"Ohh..." Kim replied shortly, taking a short glance over Kyuhyun. 



"Miss Lina?!" The waitress called her for their order. 

"Oh Kyuhyunnie our orders!" Lina smiled. 

"You go get it. I'll just talk to her." Kyuhyun told her.

"A-arasseo." She smiled, pulling her arm back. "Nice meeting you Kim!" She waved before making her way to their orders. 


"Girlfriend?" Lyndon was the first one to talk. 

"She--" 

"Hey we need to go." Kim told Lyndon as he finished his cone of ice cream, cutting Kyuhyun off. 

"I'll send you home." 

"No it's okay.  We might be disturbing your date." Kim chuckled bitterly. 

"We're not having a date, okay?" He said, holding her arm. 

"Ahh... Is that so? Anyways--" she was now cut off by her phone ringing. She took her phone out just to see 'MaSiWon' calling. "S-sorry I need to take this." She said, turning her back to answer the call. 


"Yoboseyo?" She answered. 

"Kimmy Bunny I'll be there in 3 minutes." 

"Stop calling me that." She rolled her eyes. "We'll be heading out then." 

"Okay see you!" He chuckled before dropping the call. 


"Siwon's going to take us home." Kim told Kyuhyun as she can see a hint of jealousy in his eyes.

"Uncle MaSi is coming?!" Lyndon smiled widely. 

"Siwon...?" He gulped. "H-how about let's go out for a dinner later?" 

"We'll be eating out before going home. Anyways we need to go, Lyndon come on!" 

"Mommy did he brought Bugsy with him?!" Lyndon asked excitedly. 

"I'm not sure baby. But we can drop by his house so that you can visit Bugsy." She smiled at her son. "Cho we'll go ahead. You should too, your date is waiting." She smiled. 

"How many--" 

"Bye!" She waved, walking out of the coffee shop with Lyndon. 

What kind of name is Bugsy?! Kyuhyun thought before making his way up to the second floor of the coffee shop. 



~
Kim was now sitting on the couch, her head resting on the headrest as Lyndon was lying on her lap, playing with her phone. 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Lyndon?! It's your Uncle Kyuhyun! Where's your mom? Can I talk to her?" 

"Mommy~ It' Uncle Kyuhyun." Lyndon handed the phone to his mom. 


Kim immediately shot up, signaling her son to tell Kyuhyun that she's already sleeping. 

"Uncle, mommy said she's sleeping." Lyndon told Kyuhyun. Kim then got her phone, placing it beside her ear. 

"Mwo?!" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Ugh... Lyndon thought I was sleeping." Kim quickly answered. 

"Sleeping huh?" He said sarcastically. "I'll be there in 5 minutes. See you!" He said before hanging up. 

"Mwo--?! Ayssi!" She dropped her phone on the couch, messing up her hair a little. "Lyndon go to sleep!" 

"But Mommy I'm not yet done with my game!" He pouted. 

"Then finish it in your room. Don't forget to brush your teeth, okay?" she said, placing a peck on his son's lips.

"Yes Mommy!" He smiled cutely before making his way to his room, taking Kim's phone with him. 



~
"Hi...?" Kim greeted as Kyuhyun smiled at her before entering her house. "So what are you doing here?" She asked, closing the door behind her. 

"I told you I'll be coming, right? 

"But it's late." 

"Ohh yeah it's late!" Kyuhyun said in an I-didn't-know-it's-late tone. "You're right, I should stay for the night. Thanks!" 

"Mwo?!" Kim arched her brow but Kyuhyun immediately asked her. 

"Have you eaten dinner?" He asked as Kim immediately nodded. 

"How about you?" She asked as he shook his head. "And why not?!" 

"I was hoping you're not really going to eat dinner with that Siwon and Bugsy!" He said almost childishly. 

"Bugsy is a dog, okay? Anyways I'll just cook for you." She said, turning her back at him but he quickly got her arm, spinning her back to face him. He immediately placed his arms around her shoulder, his head resting on hers'. 

"I missed you." He said softly, just enough for her to hear. 

 


And that's what all it takes for Kim to feel butterflies in her stomach, her heart beating so fast that it feels like it wanted to get out of her chest. 

"I missed you so much Kimmy." He said once again, this time sliding his head from her head to her shoulder, hugging her tighter. "I thought you like hugging my fluffy tummy?" He asked making the woman chuckle and so she finally wrapped her arms around his waist. 

"But it's not that fluffy anymore." 

"It's not?" He asked as Kim just shook her head, smelling his manly cologne. 

"You looked thinner by the way. I should cook at least ramyun for you." She said, pulling back but Kyuhyun immediately got her hand, pulling her. 

"I'm not hungry. I'm still full from what I ate a while ago. Let's just take a rest." He said, pulling her to her room. 

"You're really staying for the night?!" She stopped abruptly making the man stop on his tracks also. 

"You told me it's late, so I should stay, right?" He grinned cheekily at her before continuing to pull her into her room. 



~
Kyuhyun and Kim lay on the bed side by side, just enough space between their bodies. 

Kim just shut her eyes while playing with her hands while Kyuhyun contemplated himself whether to hold her hand or not. 

"So how is she like?" She suddenly asked, not bothering to open her eyes. 

"Huh?" Kyuhyun asked, confused. 

"Lina..." 

"Ahh..." Kyuhyun chuckled as Kim's eyes immediately shot up, glaring at him. 

"Why the heck are you laughing?!" 

"You're jealous." He said before turning his body and using his arm to support his head. "I knew it." 

"M-me?!" Kim asked, pointing to herself. "I'm just asking how is she like, how can that be called jealousy?!" 

"Kimmy, I know you for 15 years already, stop acting like you're not." He grinned. 

"I am not going to talk to you anymore." She said before turning her back but Kyuhyun immediately placed his arm around hers, trapping her body in his'. 

"Oh come on Kim. Just up your pride and tell me you are jealous!" 

"I am not you jerk!" She said, kicking his legs but Kyuhyun just chuckled in return before leaning in and kissing her cheek. 

"Alright then." He started right after pulling back. "She's nice." 

"And...?" Kim asked. 

"And... What? That's all you idiot!" Kyuhyun chuckled before leaning in and kissing her forehead this time. 

"Psh. I think she likes you though." 




"So you're dating now?" Kim asked after a short while. 

"No. I told you we're not!" He chuckled. "Okay, you're really not jealous." He said sarcastically. 

"I'm not." She lied. "I told you to just date anyone, right?" She said, turning her head to face Kyuhyun's. 

"Then tell me why can't I date you?" He asked seriously but Kim just turn her head back in front, closing her eyes. "Answer me." Kyuhyun demanded, using his fingers to turn her head back to face his'. "You told me I can date anyone that I like... Or love in your case, but why can't I date you?" 

"I told you already, right?" 

"It's not an acceptable reason. Everybody deserves to be happy, and if that only means dating a single mother, why would the world care especially when we're not hurting other people." 

"Cho, I--" she was suddenly cut off when Kyuhyun pressed his lips on hers', just feeling their lips on each other. 

"I love you so much... So much." He says, pulling back before leaning in once again, this time kissing her softly. 





~~~~~
"Yoboseyo?" Kim answered after a few rings. 

"Hey..." Kyuhyun greeted weakly. "I know this is so sudden, but I can't pick you up because I'm so dizzy right now." 

"Omo! What happened? Are you alright?" 

"Yeah... I just need to take up some rest I guess." 

"I told you to eat on time." She sighed. 

"Sorry baby..." 

"S-sorry. Just go and take a rest now, okay?" 

"Won't you drop by?" 

"I don't know..." She bit her lower lip, preventing herself from chuckling. 

"Oh... It's okay. I'm capable of taking care of myself you know." 

"I know. Take a rest now, okay?" 

"Yes baby." 

"Love you." She said, smiling. 

"I love you too." 
-----end of conversation-----



~
After sending Lyndon to school, Kim immediately make her way to Kyuhyun's apartment, dropping by a restaurant to buy him a porridge on the way. 

She contemplated herself whether to ring the doorbell or just punch in the code since Kyuhyun already gave her the combination even though she didn't ask him to. 

After a short while, she has decided to punch in the code since she didn't want to disturb Kyuhyun, who's probably taking a rest right now. 

She went in, placing the porridge that she bought on the counter on her left, before making way to his bed that is located on her right. 


She suddenly felt her heart stopped at the scene, hot tears are threatening to fall out of her eyes. 

Lina pulled Kyuhyun's cheek, placing her lips on his'.

Kyuhyun weakly pushes Lina's shoulder away from him, his head turning to where Kim is standing. 



"Baby it--"

"I... I bought you s-some porridge..." Kim forced a smile, cutting him off. "A-anyways just continue what you're doing. I'll get going now." She bowed a little before making her way out of Kyuhyun's apartment. 

She immediately pressed the elevator button, pressing it madly as if it would open in an instant. 

She breathed in deeply, shutting her eyes and shaking her head. 


"Kimmy baby it's not what you think." Kyuhyun panted weakly, pulling her arm to face him. 

"N-no. I'm okay." Kim forced a smile, a tear finally escaping her eyes. "I-I'm sorry." She bowed, finally letting all the tears escape.