4

What Are We Exactly?

Kyuhyun insisted on fetching Lyndon by himself and so Kim just stayed in her condo and took a further rest. 

It was almost 6 in the evening but then Kyuhyun and Lyndon were not yet home. Kim started to worry as she took her phone out and called her son. 

"Yoboseyo? Baby where are you?" She asked worryingly after a few rings. 

"We're on our way home now mommy, don't worry." 

"What took you so long?" 

"Uncle shopped for some groceries on the way." 

"Ahhh... He should have told me." She uttered to herself. "Anyways take care baby!" 

"Yes mommy, you too!" Lyndon replied sweetly. "Oh mommy?" 

"Yes baby?" 

"Can I kiss you when I got home?" Uncle forbid me to kiss you last night because he said you'll just worry about me when I got infected and sick." 

"Jinjja? He said that?" 

"Eung." He said while pouting cutely. 

"Hey I was just worried about your son you know!" Kyuhyun joined making Kim giggled. 


"But you kissed mommy instead!" Lyndon retorted. 

"I was just passing the medicine you know! It's not like I wanted to do that." 

"I know you've been wanting to do that!" 

"M-mwo?!" 


"Aigoo. Baby hajima, eng? For now be a good boy to your Uncle Kyuhyun, okay?" 

"Yes mommy~ saranghae!" He suddenly turned sweet again. 

"Eung~ na do saranghae!" 

"Don't I get a saranghae?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"No! Mommy take a good rest, geuno!" Lyndon said before hanging up. 



~
Kim was awaken by a heavy little creature hugging her tightly. 

"Baby?" She asked, voice still hoarse because she just woke up. 

"Mommy you're awake! I've been here for almost 20 minutes now." He pouted, sitting up straight to look at his mom. "Mommy can I kiss you now?" 



Kim just smiled, leaning in to kiss her son's cheek and giving him a bear hug. 


"I missed you baby." 

"Na do." He pouted, hugging her back. "Is mommy feeling better now?" 

"Eung. Because my Superman is here now!" She smiled, pulling back and kissing her son's nose this time. 

"Mommy~ Are you pertaining about me or the other guy who is not me?" 

"Huh?" She asked, confused. 

"The other guy who's currently at the kitchen right now." 

"H-- omo. Cho?! Kitchen?! He's cooking?!" She asked, eyes widened. Lyndon just nodded innocently, with Kim immediately standing up and heading to the kitchen. 


"Hey Ch--" Kim stopped the moment she saw variants of food on the table. 

"You're awake now? Come on let's eat!" Kyuhyun grinned, walking over to Kim as he held her shoulder and pushed her to the dining area. "Where's Lyndon?" 

"You cooked all these?" Kim asked in awe, just staring at the mouthwatering sweet and sour fish fillet and beef broccoli. 

"Eung. Who do you think so will cook, your son?" He replied as Kim just glared at her. 

"B-but how? Are you sure you didn't order this?" 

"Ya! You're hurting my feelings you know." He pouted, pulling the chair for her. "You know I don't lie."

"B-but how come? You don't know how to cook right?" 

"That should be 'didn't'." He smiled. "You told me you want a husband who can cook so... You know." He said softly, bowing a little to hide his blush. "Lyndon!" He called so that he could get away from the topic. 

"So what?" She asked, pressing him more. 

"I..." He paused, breathing in deeply. "I studied how to cook." He said softly as Lyndon finally arrived. "What took you so long?" 

"I peed, okay?" Lyndon replied before making his way to the sink. "Mommy I--" he was cut off when Kyuhyun carried him so that he can reach the sink. 




They had a great dinner, a full of laughter and stories about each other, therefore making the atmosphere really light. 

Lyndon can see how kind Kyuhyun is after a couple of days. Yes, he loves his mom so much that's why he was acting like a brat towards Kyuhyun in order to protect his mommy. He would always act like one so he'll know whether to trust his mom's suitor or not. 

He would always tell his mom's suitor to back off in courting his mom because he wanted to know his real intention, or if he really deserves her. 

And right now, he can see that not only his Uncle Kyuhyun is happy, but also his mommy whom he never seen this pleased to be with someone who is not him. 


"Mommy I have a homework." Lyndon called his mom who's sitting on the couch. 

"Okay let me--" 

"Come on I'll help you with that." Kyuhyun cut her off, making his way towards the table on the living room, where Lyndon is. "Kimmy just rest~" he smiled at her before taking Lyndon's book. 

"Hey, I should be the one teaching him because he's my son you know! And I'm feeling 100% okay now!" 

"Then you should have been a teacher and teach your son in school instead. It's not like his teacher is his mom. Or..." He gasped, making that cute doll eyes open wide. 

"Ya Cho Kyuhyun!" Kim hit him a couple of times, earning a chuckle from Lyndon. 

"You look so cute fighting together." Lyndon giggled. 

"Can you remove the word 'fight' and repeat the sentence?" Kyuhyun smiled at him while Lyndon just narrowed his eyes. 

"Never!" He crossed his arm as Kyuhyun just chuckled. 

"Arasseo. Let's just do your homework." Kyuhyun said, messing up Lyndon's hair. 




After doing Lyndon's homework with the help of his mommy and Kyuhyun, Kim continues to browse his book until she stopped on a page because she found a doodle on it. 

"Ya, who is Jenny?" Kim asked her son as she pointed on the book. 

It's a drawing of a couple holding hands, named 'Lyndon' and 'Jenny'.


"Mommy!" Lyndon whined, trying to get his book but Kim just held it tight, waiting for his explanation. Kyuhyun just laughed, knowing what the situation is. 

"Kimmy, it's not like it's a crime to have a crush on someone you know." Kyuhyun said as Kim immediately turned her gaze on him. 

"M-mwo?! Crush?! Ya Lyndon Choi you're just 4!" 

"Well you had a crush on me when we were 4, right?!" Kyuhyun said, making Kim's eyes wider. 

"It wasn't you! It's was Dong--" she suddenly stopped, feeling embarrassed. "And I never said I like you!" 

"Oh you just did." He smiled cheekily.

"Great logic Cho." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks." He replied, making Kim irritated and so she just turned her gaze back to her son.

"But baby even if you already have your Jenny, I should always be your number one, okay?" 

"Mommy my love for you is the greatest of all. You will always be my number one!"

"Arasseo. Aigoo come here~" Kim smiled, placing the book on the table before wrapping her arms around his tiny built. "You should always love mommy okay?" 

"Of course mommy~" Lyndon replied sweetly while hugging his mom back. 

"Are you always this cheesy?" Kyuhyun asked earning glares from the two. 

"Shouldn't you go home? It's getting late and Lyndon needs to sleep now." 

"Oh right, maybe I should." 

"Yes you should." Lyndon replied. And in a swift movement, he kissed Kyuhyun's cheek before running to his own room. "Bye!" He squealed cutely before shutting his room. 

Kyuhyun just held his cheek, surprised with what Lyndon did to him. 



"He's a sweetie, isn't he?" Kim woke him up from his senses, standing up while giggling. 

"U-oh?" He asked, "Eung~" he replied, smiling before standing up also. 



Kim sent him to the door with a small smile plastered on her face. 

"Shall I send you downstairs?" She asked. 

"N-no need." He smiled, waving his hands to reassure her. 

"Arasseo. Take care then." She smiled, waving. 

"Hey don't I get a hug or something?" He asked, pouting cutely. 

"M-mwo? And why will I give--" she was cut off when Kyuhyun quickly pulled her into his arms, his head resting on hers'. 

"You never just do something endearing willingly, don't you?" He said, closing his eyes. 



Kim's heart can't help but to beat very fast, with her arms slowly wrapping around Kyuhyun's back. 

"M-mianhe." She said softly, resting her head on his chest. "Geurigu, gomawo." She said, trying to pull back and look at his face but Kyuhyun just hugged her tighter. 

"You know, I'm actually glad you got sick." He chuckled, making Kim pull back. 

"Mworago?!" 

"Well if you didn't got sick, I wouldn't have the chance to take care of you and Lyndon." He said, giving her a small smile. Kim just stared at him, while he cupped her face, leaning in to give her a long peck on her forehead. "I'll go ahead, good night." 

"E-eung..." Kim replied shyly. "Good night."