6

What Are We Exactly?

"Huh?" Kyuhyun chucked. 

"I want to know if you really like my mommy." Lyndon said out seriously. 

"U-ugh..."

"Uncle, I know it's obvious, but then I just wanted to make things sure." 

"What things?" Kyuhyun asked almost nervously. 

"That you won't hurt my mommy. I love her so much, and I want to make sure you're taking her seriously." 

"O-of course I do." He replied, stuttering. 'Why the heck am I getting nervous?!' he thought. 

"I'm not really sure about what happened to you and mommy before, but I saw some pictures and I'm assuming that you've dated." 

"I..." He suddenly paused, realizing that denying the fact that they really have dated will not give him any good. "I know I cannot turn back time and change whatever I have done before, but I promise to be a better lover to your mom this time." Kyuhyun told the younger seriously. "I would also like to take care of you." He said, thus making Lyndon smile. 

"Thank you Uncle. I'm going to entrust my mommy to you, okay? And if you ever hurt her, I will not hesitate to call Grandpa!"

"G-grandpa? Uncle Nelson?" 

"Eung. You know Grandpa?"

"O-of course! I used to visit Kimmy in their house before." 

"Ahh~ ho--" 


"Baby! Cho! Dinner's ready!" Kim shouted from the kitchen. 


"Your mommy just called me baby." Kyuhyun grinned, earning a cute glare from the little one. 

"No she didn't!" 



~
"Mommy you better clear your schedules on Saturday, okay?" Lyndon said as he gulped down his chicken. 

"Saturday?" Kim asked, raising her brow. "What's with Saturday?" 

"Mommy it's family day, remember?" 

"Aren't family days on Sundays?" Kyuhyun joined.

"Yes, but we have an activity in school." 

"Ahhh~" Kim finally nodded in acknowledgement. "I remember now."

"What time are you needed there?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Cho, you--" 

"8." Lyndon replied. 

"Ahhh..." Kyuhyun nodded. 

"Cho, you don't have to fetch us you know." 

"I have an important meeting that day, so don't worry." Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out. Kim just furrowed her eyebrows playfully before letting out a smile. 

"Mommy we need to wear blue okay?" 

"Blue? Why?" 

"I just want to." Lyndon replied, making the elders chuckle. 

"Arasseo~" Kim smiled, wiping her son's lips. 



After eating dinner, Kyuhyun helped Kim with the dishes while Lyndon went back to his room to continue with his homework. 

"I told you I can do it myself." Kim told him, once again getting the plates from Kyuhyun. 

"Just shut it, okay? Let me do it." Kyuhyun said, kissing Kim's cheek therefore making the woman let go of the plates. Kyuhyun immediately got them and started washing it. 

"Cho--" 

"Thank you." He cut her off, looking back and smiling at her. 

"Thank you...?" She asked, raising a brow. 

"For the dinner... For letting me feel what I thought I won't ever feel again." 

"Wh--" 

"Just thank you." He cut her off even before she could ask her question. 



After washing the dishes, Kyuhyun went to Lyndon's room together with Kim to say goodbye. 

"Baby, your uncle Kyuhyun needs to go now." 

"Already?!" Lyndon asked, walking over to Kyuhyun who's kneeling in front of him. 

"Eung, wae? Don't tell me you want me to sleep over?" Kyuhyun chuckled as Lyndon wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun's. 

"Of course not." Lyndon replied, hugging his Uncle. "Take care!" 

"Eung. Be a good boy, okay?" Kyuhyun pulled back, ruffling his hair. 

"I'm always one." Lyndon said that made the elder smile. 


"Baby I'll just send him out, okay?" Kim told her son, into which he nodded. Kyuhyun then stood up before making his way out of his room. 

Kim opened the door, walking out of her condominium when Kyuhyun held her arm, stopping her. 

"What?" She asked, raising a brow. 

"Where are you going?" 

"I'm going to send you downstairs, wae?" 

"Y-you don't need to." He said, dropping his hand. 

"Ah... Geure? Okay, take care then." She said, and was about to go back in when Kyuhyun held her arm once again. She just looked up to meet Kyuhyun's gaze, giving him a curious look. 

"You're giving up already?" He asked, making the woman chuckle as she pulled her hand back, giving his chest a slight punch. 

"What the heck Cho? Do you want me to stay or go?" 

"Stay with me." He whispered to himself before wrapping his arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his arms. "Let's go!" He said with glee. 



Kyuhyun continues to smile to himself, taking Kim's hand with his' as they arrive in front of his car. 

"Thanks for tonight." He smiled at her, into which she gave him a weird look. 

"You're making it sound like we did something." She said, trying to pull her hand back but Kyuhyun held it in place. 

"Well we could if you want to!" He said, earning a glare from the other. "Just kidding." He chuckled. "But with the joke aside, really, thank you." 

"How many times should you thank me?" 

"I don't know. I could 'thank you' whenever you like, you know I love annoying you." He said, making her pout. 

"Go now! I don't like to see you!" Kim joked, once again pulling her hand back but Kyuhyun pulled it towards him, kissing them before giving her a warm smile.

"Arasseo. Don't miss me too much. I'll go now." He said, finally letting her hand go. 

"I won't you know." She denied, making the lad chuckle. 

"You're still being denial!" He said, pulling her into a warm hug. "Bye~" 




~~~~~
Kim just smiled, once again fixing Lyndon's hair. 

"Don't forget the steps, okay?" Kim reminded Lyndon, holding unto his shoulder. 

"Mommy I told you I've memorized it already!" Lyndon replied, chuckling. 

"Arasseo arasseo. Come on let's take a photo." Kim said, taking her phone out and taking a photo of them together. 

"Mommy post it on my instagram!" Lyndon said out excitedly as his mom nodded. 

"Wait, you have an instagram?"

"Nope. But I will make one!" He smiled cutely as Kim just narrowed her eyes towards him before pinching his cheeks and giving them a small kiss each side. 


"Calling out all the kids, please proceed at the center part of the gym." The announcements went and so Kim gave her son another hug before wishing him a good luck. 



All the kids started shaking their body the moment the music boomed out the speakers, indicating that the song number has started. 

Not only Lyndon, but also all the kids on the stage danced out happily, all smiling with delight. 

Kim stood where her son can see him, coaching Lyndon with the dance steps since the kid forgot the choreography. 



~
After a few more performances and games, this time, the MC announced the surprise performances of the fathers. 

Kim and Lyndon therefore sat on a bench at the corner, just sitting there and taking a rest since they both know no one's going to represent their family. 

After changing Lyndon's shirt, Kim pulled her son on her lap, hugging his waist as Lyndon just kept his mouth shut, distracting himself with his hands. 

"Sorry baby..." Kim started, as she knows why Lyndon suddenly became quiet. 

"Mommy, it's okay."

"But you're not. I'm really sorry." She apologized once again, this time turning her son so that he could face her. 

"It's okay, really. Mommy I'm just sad with the fact that we could never join in this part of the program." Kim bit her lower lip,  pulling her son's figure and wrapping her arms around him. It's all my fault. She thought.

"Thank you baby, for understanding. I was so blessed to have such an understanding and charming baby boy like you." She said before pulling back and capturing her son's lips. 


"And now for our last performer, Mr. Choi!" The MC announced excitedly. 


"I love you baby." Kim said, hugging her son as he hugged her back. 

"I love you too Mommy~ You're the best Mommy in the world!" He said, making the woman giggle. 


oneuldo geodda
uyeonhi neol bwasseo
yeojeonhi jal jinae boin ni moseub
igsughan Perfume,
and still I miss you,
naege judeon miso Oh Yeah.


Upon hearing the voice of the last performer, Kim's eyes immediately shot up, instantly looking for the performer. 

"It's Uncle Kyuhyun!" Lyndon said excitedly, jumping off her lap as he continues to jump while pointing at Kyuhyun. 

"What is he doing here?" Kim uttered to herself, still not believing what's going on.



After Kyuhyun's performance, the MC asked their family to come up the stage together with their daddies. 

Kim continued to sit on the bench, still unable to cope up with everything. 

"Mommy let's go!" Lyndon snapped her out, and at the same time with Kyuhyun pointing at her spot. 

"Mrs. Choi come up here on stage!" The MC grinned as Kim finally went up together with Lyndon. 


"I thought you have a meeting?" Kim asked the moment she reached Kyuhyun. 

"I knew it. You missed me, don't you?" Kyuhyun said with full of confidence, earning a small glare from the woman. 

"That's not the point! Wha--" 

"So you really did." Kyuhyun cut her off, grinning widely. 

"What the--" 


"Can the babies give their fathers some words of encouragement?" The MC interrupted. 

The MC then started from the child of the first father, until she reached the last, which is Lyndon. 

"I thought Un... I mean Daddy..." Lyndon stopped to smiled at Kyuhyun, who's already smiling back at him. "Will not make it because he told me he had an important meeting. That's why I was really surprised but at the same time happy when I saw him performing. Daddy thank you so much for that performance, you really did great!" Lyndon gave Kyuhyun his thumbs up, as Kyuhyun got Lyndon on his arms, kissing the child's forehead. 

"Anything for you." Kyuhyun whispered, smiling at him. 

"Thank you Uncle." Lyndon grinned. 

"No problem kiddo." Kyuhyun chuckled, ruffling his hair. 


"And now, how about a kiss from mommy?!" The MC teased, earning loud cheers from the crowd. 

The couples immediately smiled to each other, pulling each other for a short kiss on the lips. 

While for Kyuhyun and Kim, Kyuhyun just wrapped his arm around Kim's waist, smiling at her. 

"Mommy should kiss me." Kyuhyun said in a child-like voice. Kim just gave him a glare before turning to look at Lyndon. 

"Faster!" Lyndon giggled before turning his back. 

"You got my baby's permission!" Kyuhyun said earning another weird look from Kim. 

"He's mine, okay? Anyways let get this over with." She said before leaning in to kiss Kyuhyun's cheek but Kyuhyun being the naughty one, immediately caught her lips and stuck his tongue out on her. 

"That was sweet honey." Kyuhyun winked as Kim felt blood rushed over her cheek. 



~
"Baby what do you want to eat for lunch?" Kyuhyun asked Lyndon as he started the car, who's sitting on the back and still admiring the trophy Kyuhyun got. 

He won the best Daddy Performer award.

"Pizza~!" 

"Then pizza it is!" Kyuhyun chuckled, hitting on the breaks lightly as the stoplight turns yellow. 

"How about you baby? Is pizza okay to you?" Kyuhyun asked, turning to Kim, who's sitting on the passenger's. 

"Don't call me 'baby'!" 

"Yeah, don't call mommy 'baby', I'm the only baby here~" Lyndon joined. 

"But she's my baby!" Kyuhyun smiled. "Okay how about honey?" 

"H-honey?!" Kim asked, eyes widening. 

"Honey it is!" Kyuhyun said, slowly hitting the gas. "I thought you hated me calling you 'honey'." He said, obviously to himself as the stoplight turned green. 

"I never said so!" 

"That you hated me calling you honey?" He asked. 

"That you can call me 'honey'!" 

"But you just called me 'honey'."

"No I didn't!" 

"Didn't what?" 

"Called you honey." 

"Huh?" Kyuhyun asked, pretending to be confused. 

"I am not going to talk to you anymore." Kim just crossed her arms. 

"Ohhh honey is mad?" Kyuhyun asked, keeping his chuckle to himself. 

"I think Mommy prefers to be called 'baby'." Lyndon joined. "If that's the case then it's okay with me." 

"Baby?!" Kim asked, turning back to face Lyndon who just gave her a cute smile. 

"Okay then. My babies we're here~" Kyuhyun said, parking the car. 



After taking a seat and ordering, Kim just took her phone out, checking in in her Foursquare account as Lyndon bugged her for his instagram. 

"What photo do you want to post?" Kim asked the moment she finished making an account. 

"The photo we took before I dance!" Lyndon grinned as Kyuhyun immediately chuckled to himself. Kim just gave him a weird look, with him shrugging and taking out his phone and started doing something with it. 

"Weirdo." Kim commented before turning back to her son. "Baby I already posted that on my instagram, maybe we should just take another photo?" she asked, quitting instagram for a short while to take a photo of them. 

"Uncle let's take a photo!" Lyndon said excitedly, standing on the couch they are sitting on before wrapping his arms around the two elder, smiling widely at the camera. 

"Cheese~" Kim smiled as she quickly snapped the picture. "Aigoo my baby is so adorable!" She smiled to herself, zooming in the photo they just took as Lyndon wrapped his arms around his mom, hugging her tightly. 

Kyuhyun just smiled at the sight, his heart fluttering every time he sees Kim smiling happily. 

"Cho what's your instagram account?" Kim asked, smiling and kissing his son's lips first before turning to Kyuhyun. 

"Gamegyu88." he answered shortly, looking over to what Kim is typing. "What the heck is 'kmbrlych' ?!" Kyuhyun chuckled, reading out Kim's username, earning a glare from the other. 

"What?!" 

"I don't know... It's funny." He chuckled as Kim just rolled her eyes. 

"You think 'gamegyu88' isn't funny?! You would always attach 'game' to your name! What are you, 10?" 

"And what's wrong with that?"

"You should be dating at your age instead of playing games!" 

"Am I not dating now?!" He asked. "You know that you are more important than my game, right?" 

Kim was unable to give a reply and so she just turned her gaze back to her phone, pretending to be busy as the waiter placed down their orders. 

"Uncle, can you follow me on instagram?" Lyndon suddenly joined, changing the topic. 

"Of course baby." Kyuhyun smiled, slicing the pizza and placing one on Lyndon's and Kim's plate. 

"CHO KYUHYUN WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!" Kim yelled, showing her phone to Kyuhyun. 

"What?!" He chuckled. "Isn't it cute?!" 

"Cute?! How can you just take a video of me?!" Kim asked almost hysterically, hitting Kyuhyun's arm. 

Kyuhyun took a video of Kim dancing, where she was coaching Lyndon during the family event.

"Ow! Lyndon your mom is being violent!" Kyuhyun rubbed his arm, though the smile is still evident on his lips. 

"Delete this Cho!!! Oh God my image!!!"

"Image?! You have one?!" Kyuhyun teased even more as Kim hit his arm once again, glaring at him. 

"Please please delete it! I'm gonna do anything!" She said almost desperately. 

"Anything?!" Kyuhyun asked with his eyes widened, still not believing what he just heard. 

She used to just face anything, no matter how embarrassing or terrifying it would be, as long as she won't do anything that Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Yes! Bbali delete that!" Kim said as Kyuhyun just nodded, deleting his instagram post. 

"Anything, okay? I have my cutie witness here." Kyuhyun said, ruffling Lyndon's hair. 

"As long as it won't hurt my mommy it's going to be okay." 

"Of course not." Kyuhyun grinned, making Kim gulped hard. 



~
"Mommy, can I ask something?" Lyndon asked, hugging his giraffe stuffed toy tightly. 

"Yes, what is it baby?" She asked, brushing her son's hair. 

"Are you dating Uncle Kyuhyun?" He asked innocently. 

"M-mwo?!" Kim asked, obviously surprised with what her son asked her. 

"Mommy, it's obvious that you like each other~" Lyndon said teasingly.  

"Baby!" Kim don't even know what to reply.

"Mommy, remember what I told you being number 1 in your heart?" He asked as Kim just stared at her. "Just promise me that Uncle Kyuhyun is just number 2." He said, making Kim chuckle. 

"Of course, you will always be my number 1!" Kim smiled, cupping his son's face and kissing him on the lips. 

"Does that mean Uncle Kyuhyun is number 2?" 

"Baby!" 

"Mommy~" Lyndon called sweetly, this time it was his time to cup her face. "Lyndon wants mommy to be happy... And I can see how happy you are whenever you're with Uncle Kyuhyun." He said, yawning. 

"Really?" Kim asked, just staring at the stuffed toy her son is holding. 

"You think so?" She asked again after a while, this time turning her gaze back to Lyndon who is now sleeping. "Aigoo." She just felt herself smiling, placing a quick peck on Lyndon's forehead and tucking in his blanket. "Jalja... Geurigu, gomawo." 




~~~~~
Kim received a message coming from
Kyuhyun.  

'I'll be there in a minute.' 

Kim just kept her phone back into her pouch, checking her watch before looking at the stoplight. The pedestrian stoplight is still on red, therefore Kim just stood there and waited for it to become green. 

"Kimmy Bunny!" Siwon called, immediately wrapping his arm around her shoulder. 

"Siwon, stop calling me that! It's so gay!"

"That's oppa for you." Siwon pointed, scrunching his nose cutely making Kim giggle. 

"Sometimes I'm wondering if you're really older than me because you're so cute!" 

"Now you're hitting on me?" Siwon asked as the pedestrian stoplight turned green. 

"In your dreams horsy!" Kim giggled before removing his arm and running towards the other side of the road. 

Kim and Siwon were asked to bring in the files that were needed in the sudden meeting that was held at the restaurant nearby. And now, they are on they way back to their office. 


Siwon immediately caught up with her, his hand quickly making it's way to hers'. 

"Mwoya~" Kim pulled her hand back, making Siwon chuckle and so he just wrap his arm around her shoulder. "You're so clingy!" 

"But you love it!" 

"No I don't!" Kim furrowed her eyebrows, making him chuckle. 


They both went back to the office, with Kim getting her things and the files she was asked to finish at home. 

On the other hand, Kyuhyun, who saw how close and happy the two are, just gripped onto the steering wheel, calming himself down. 


Siwon helped Kim to carry her things even though she insisted to bring everything by herself. 

"You should have brought a bigger bag for these files if you don't want me to help you." 

"Well I didn't expect to be working on it at home you know." She replied as they went out of the elevator. 

"It's good that your boyfriend is there to fetch you." 

"Boyfriend?" Kim raised a brow. But instead of answering, Siwon just used his lips, pursing it and pointing to where Kyuhyun's car is currently parked. "He's not my boyfriend." 

"Not your boyfriend?" Siwon asked, raising his brows. 

"Not my boyfriend." 

"Not your boyfriend?" 

"He's not, okay?!" 

"Chill! Why are you so defensive Kimmy Bunny?!" Siwon chuckled earning a glare from the other. He just smiled widely before making his way towards Kyuhyun's car, opening the back seat and placing the files for Kim. 


"Annyeonghaseyo." Siwon bowed, but Kyuhyun didn't reply, nor looked back. "Ugh... These are for Kimmy Bu-- I mean Kimmy. I'll go ahead." Siwon bowed once again before closing the door and helping Kim with her bag. 

"Ya I can carry that!" Kim said as Siwon opened the passenger's door, with Kim getting in and grabbing her bag from Siwon. "Go now!" She furrowed her eyebrows, but chuckling at how Siwon just raised his brows at her. "Thanks Horsy." 

"Whatever Kimmy Bunny." He smiled. "Take care!" He waved, closing the door. 


"Have you waited a long time?" Kim smiled, buckling her seatbelt. 

But instead of answering, Kyuhyun just started driving, not even taking a short glance at her. 

"Oh where are my manners." She chuckled to herself. "Sorry I forgot to introduce him to you... That was Siwon by the way, my colleague and friend."

"That's all?!" He asked as Kim was taken aback with his annoyed voice. 

"Well... How will I say this..." She bit her lower lip, scratching her head. "We used to date... But you know, just getting-to-know each other dates... That's all. I'll introduce him to you next time." She said, but Kyuhyun didn't reply. "Something happened in work?" She tried to open up another conversation but still, Kyuhyun didn't reply. And so she just turned her gaze outside the window. 



They fetch Lyndon and immediately went home, with Lyndon running out ahead to press the elevator button.  

"Th--" Kim was cut off when Kyuhyun suddenly went out of the car, getting her files at the back and going inside the building. 

Kim just sighed, closing the door and following Kyuhyun behind. 

Kyuhyun just placed the files on the center table before ruffling Lyndon's hair and giving him a small smile. 

"I'll go ahead." 

"Shall I send you downstairs?" Kim asked. 

"No need." Kyuhyun gave her a forced smiled before going out of her condominium. 

"O-okay." Kim nodded as Kyuhyun went out of the door, with Kim waiting for Kyuhyun to turn and asked her to come down with her but he didn't. "Lyndon I'll be out for a short while!" She yelled before running out of the condominium and standing next to Kyuhyun, who's still waiting for the elevator. 

The elevator dinged not long after as Kyuhyun didn't even bother to ask Kim what is she doing there beside him. 

She just sighed, bitting her lip and shaking her head in frustration. Her eyes then caught up with Kyuhyun's hand which is balled up into a fist, in which Kim finally found out why Kyuhyun is acting like this. 

She finally took the courage to hold his hand, trying to open his fist to calm him but he won't budge. 

So the moment the elevator reached the ground floor, Kim immediately pulled Kyuhyun out, pulling him out of the building and in to the empty isle. 

 

I forgot to tell you that this story will only run for... probably at most 10 chapters? Or... It depends. Haha! But I planned to compressed everything in 10 Chapters. :') That's all! Hope you liked this chapter. :) Please do leave a comment! :*