3

What Are We Exactly?

Kim agreed to meet Kyuhyun today because denying that she didn't missed the guy will not help her in any way. 

"Don't you have work?" Kim asked, arching a brow while sitting down across Kyuhyun. 

"Why, you don't you have one too?" He shot back. 

"Shall I go and finish my work then?" She asked, standing up from her seat, but then Kyuhyun immediately held her hand, stopping her. 

"I was just joking you know." He said. 

"M-me too." She replied, turning her gaze on their hands and pulling her hand back. 

"Sorry..." 

"It's okay." She smiled at him. "Shall we order then?" 



"So..." Kyuhyun started, while Kim nervously stirred her coffee because she can feel that the atmosphere got a little heavier. 

"Hmm?" She asked as calmly as possible. 

"About yesterday... When Lyndon said you and your husband don't meet... What does he meant by that?" He asked as Kim took a quick glance at him before turning her gaze back to her coffee. 

"Umm... We're not really married you see." She gave him a small smile before drinking her coffee. 

"H-huh?" Kyuhyun asked, obviously confused as Kim contemplated herself whether to tell him or not. 

"Shall I tell you about this?" She smiled, almost bitterly while playing with the napkin on the table. 

"I-if only you're comfortable talking about it..." Kyuhyun said softly even though deep inside, he really want to know. 



Kim just stared at him for a while, before sighing and nodding in defeat. She just can't resist his adorable face and heart-melting stare.

"It was just a one-night stand..." She started off, stirring her coffee once again. "Well I was really drunk so I didn't know what happened." 

"Do you..." Kyuhyun started, bitting his lower lip. "Do you still meet him?" 

"No... I just found myself alone in bed the next day. And I never thought that we can make a child with just one try." She chuckled softly. 

"Am I the reason why you're drunk?" Kyuhyun finally took the courage to ask her. Kim slowly turn her gaze up to meet his', a small smile playing on her lips. 

"Past is past Kyuhyun-ah, besides, it's not that I regretted it or something." She then paused to breathe. "Maybe I did when I found out that I'm pregnant, but then after giving birth to Lyndon, I feel very happy." 

"Did you look for him?" 

"Well it's not that I still want him you know." She chuckled. "And I can raise up Lyndon myself, so why bother?" 

"Ahh..." Was Kyuhyun's only answer though he's been itching to ask more. 

"How about you? Are you married or something?" She smiled. 

"N-no, I'm not." 

"Psh. Jinjja? You can always tell me you know." 

"No, really. I'm still..." He paused, diverting his gaze to Kim's hands. "Umm... You know. Hahaha!" He just chuckled out loud, not wanting to confess right there or lie to her, saying he likes someone else. "What's your work again?" 



~~~
Few days had passed that Kyuhyun and Kim would always meet. They would often have a little chat before fetching Lyndon from school. 

"You're here again?" Lyndon asked Kyuhyun while hugging his mom. 

"Baby don't be rude to your Uncle!" Kim reprimanded her son into which he just smiled at her adorably. 

"Mommy, I got 3 stars today~" Lyndon changed the topic, showing the back of his hands. 

"Aww my baby is so smart!" She smiled, pinching his cheeks. 

"Shall we celebrate then?" Kyuhyun joined, earning the attention of the two. 



~
Kim insisted in ordering their food for them while Kyuhyun and Lyndon looked for a seat. 

"What?" Kyuhyun asked as Lyndon keeps on staring at him with his arms cross. 

"You like my mommy, don't you?" 

"M-mwo?!" 

"'Cause I believe you won't be accompanying her everyday if you don't." 

"We're--" 

"Ahjussi," Lyndon cut him off. "Mommy doesn't accept suitors. So just back off, okay?" 

"Wh-what do you mean by that?" 

"Mommy said--" Lyndon was cut off when Kim placed the tray on their table. 

"Having a good time?" She smiled at the lads. 

"Y-yeah." Kyuhyun just nodded before helping Kim to get the food from the tray. 



~
"Mommy~ mommy we're here!" Lyndon called him mom, who eventually fell asleep in the car. 

"Kim..." Kyuhyun called, helping Lyndon to wake her. "Hey, are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked, placing his hand on her neck to feel her temperature. "O-omo! Kim you're hot!" 

"Are you hitting on my mommy?" Lyndon asked, earning a glare from the elder. 

"No I'm not, okay? Just look at her, she's sweating!" 

"Mommy, mommy!" Lyndon called out with his high-pitched voice, shaking his mom lightly. 

"I think I should just carry her upstairs... Do you know your passcode?" 

"Of course." 

Aigoo. That's why she was less talkative a while go. This girl... She never liked people worrying about her.


~
Kyuhyun brought Kim up to her condominium bridal style, her head resting soundly on Kyuhyun's chest. 

Kimmy you might hear my heart! Kyuhyun inwardly panicked because Kim might hear his heart that's pounding really hard. 




Kim's eyes opened her eyes in a swift, immediately sitting up straight as she saw how bright it is in her room. 

She was about to stand up when she felt someone stopping her, a warm and soft hands holding hers'. 

Theirs hands were clasped together, while his head was resting on it. 

"C-cho?" She whispered to herself, surprised that Kyuhyun is in her room. 

"O-oh?! Are you feeling better now?" Kyuhyun finally woke up, immediately standing up to check her temperature. 

"W-what time is it?! Lyndon's going to be late!" Kim panicked, pulling her hand back but Kyuhyun held it in place. 

"Shall I answer your question?" Kyuhyun just chuckled, teasing her. 

"Hey I'm not in the mood to joke around you know!" She said, trying to pull her hand but Kyuhyun just gave her hand a peck, making the woman's cheeks flush a tint shade of red. 

"I already sent him to school, don't worry. And... It's almost 11AM." 

"H-huh? I-I should go to work then!" She said, once again pulling her hand but Kyuhyun kept it in place. 

"You are not going to work today." 

"B-but--" 

"Would you rather stress yourself with work than completely recover?! You'll just get sicker." He explained, making the woman pout. "Don't pout 'cause you're making me want to kiss you again." 

"M-mwo?! Y-you what?" She asked, eyes widened and heart is uncontrollably beating really fast. 

"I asked permission from your son last night. I need you to drink the medicine but you really don't want to wake up... So I needed to do that."

"Aahh... T-thanks." She blushed, bowing a little. She then tried pulling her hand back again, but then Kyuhyun just held it in place. 

"I missed your hand in mine." He said nonchalantly. "So please, just let it be... Even just for today." He said as Kim just stared at him for a while before nodding. 


"Oh right! I bought you breakfast... But it can be lunch also since it's past 11. Want to eat it now?" He asked after a while. 

"Yes please." She said almost adorably making Kyuhyun smile even more. 

"Okay, wait for me here." He said, standing up but still not letting her hand go. 

"Mwoya..." She giggled, pulling her hand but Kyuhyun just stared at their clasped hands. 

"Shall I let go?" He asked, staring at their hands. 

"It's not like you are not coming back, right?" She smiled at him. 

"Will you still be there when I come back?" He asked, now staring at her. And right now, he meant something else.

"Of course, where will I go?" She chuckled, not getting what he really meant. 

"Right." He just smiled, though deep inside he wanted her to answer that question with his real question. "I'll be back~"


He went back with her food and started feeding her.

"I can eat by myself you know." She smiled shyly on him. "Have you eaten?"

"I'll eat after I feed you." He said and started feeding her. Kim knows Kyuhyun would just force her to eat either way so she just ate it. 

"Can't you just eat with me?" she asked after gulping. 

"I'm okay." He answered, feeding her once again. 

"But Cho~" she whined, making Kyuhyun blink a couple of times before diverting his gaze away from her. 

"A-arasseo." He finally stood up, heart thumping really fast. 


Kyuhyun then went back with his own food, still sitting on the chair beside her bed.  

They ate their own food while chatting comfortably, with Kyuhyun occasionally feeding her. 


"You didn't sleep well last night didn't you?" Kim asked right after eating. 

"Huh?" 

"Aigoo. You know you can't lie to me." She just said, smiling at him. "How about you take a rest first?" 

"How about you? No one will take care of you." He said, concerned. 

"I'm okay now, see?" She said, taking his hand and placing it in her neck so that he could feel her temperature. "Just go home and take a rest." 

"Can't I just sleep here?" He pouted, making Kim giggle. 

"Do you want to sleep here?" 

"Well that's only if you would allow me to."

"Arasseo. I'll just take a bath and you sleep here." She said and was about to stand up when Kyuhyun held her arm. 

"J-jamkaman." 

"Wae?" 

"Can you handle yourself? Maybe I should bathe you?" 

"Mwo?! Byuntae!!!" Kim blushed, hitting his arm, making the lad chuckle.