8

What Are We Exactly?

"Huh?" 

"'Cause you know, I just want to clarify things." 

"Ahh..." She nodded, turning his gaze away from him. "What do you think are we?" 

"For me... We were like we were before. You know, we have the thing called us." He said out almost shyly. 

"Cho..." She called, contemplating herself whether to tell him or not. 


"We're not?" He asked almost choking with his own voice. Kim just answered him by shaking her head and bowing down to avoid his gaze. 

"Wa-wait before you get mad, please let me explain." Kim said, immediately taking his hand and meeting his gaze. "We... Well you can say we still have the 'us', but baby you know that everything is not the same anymore." 

"And why not? I know that you still love me like the way you used to... I can feel it." 

"Yes I do. But Cho, I have a son!" 

"And so?!" 

"What I'm trying to say is, you're a handsome bachelor whom tons of girls would like to date and marry. While me... I'm a single mother! You can find a better girl for yourself." 

"But you're the perfect one for me." He said cheesily making the woman blush a little. 


"Do we really need to label our relationship?" She asked after calming her frantic heart. 

"Of course!" 

"Then maybe we can be called as 'friends with benefits'?" 

"F-friends with what?!" Kyuhyun asked, gulping hard. 

"Oh no no no no, I mean like... You know, we're like dating, but we're actually not." 

"Can't we just date for real?" Kyuhyun asked, raising his voice a little. 

"How about we're 'unofficially dating'?" Kim insisted. 

"Kimmy!" 

"Cho, we need to do this; I have to do this." She said, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "In our status, you can still date whoever you like, I won't mind." 

"Are you giving me permission to cheat on you?"

"Huh?" Kim asked, raising a brow. "What I'm trying to say is, I don't mind you dating other woman while we're in a current 'relationship' since it's not really official." She said, quoting the word 'relationship'. 

"So you're really giving me permission to cheat on you?" 

"What?!" Kim asked, taken aback with the word 'cheat'. "You won't cheat, okay? If you have someone else, then you can officially date her."  

"Why can't we just date officially?!" 

"Didn't I just tell you the reason?" 

"But that's nonsense!" 

"What do you mean nonsense?! I'm doing this for you!" 

"What if I didn't like any girl even after a year?!---"

"Then let's get married!" Kim cut her off, making Kyuhyun's eyes widen in shock, but immediately grinning afterwards. 

"Did you just propose?" Kyuhyun smirked. 

"W-wha-what?! I-I mean--" 

"Nope you can't take back your proposal." Kyuhyun grinned, leaning in to peck her lips. "It's a deal then. We're unofficially dating, and then I'm gonna tell you if I like someone else and if after a year I didn't, we'll get married!" He said excitedly. 

"Cho, I didn't mean to--" 

"Uh uh!" Kyuhyun pinched her cheeks lightly. "You can't take it back baby." He grinned. "Let's go and fetch Lyndon!" He said, standing up. 




~~~~~
"Yoboseyo?" Kim answered her phone, preventing herself from grinning too much. 

"Yoboseyo? Are you expecting my call?" He said out confidently. 

"Who said so?!" She denied, as the both of them chuckled. "Anyways why did you call?" 

"Oh about that..." Kyuhyun's voice suddenly fell. 

"Is there something wrong?" Kim asked, panicking with his sudden change of voice. 

"Well... A friend of mine will be arriving from Japan tomorrow... And I will be accompanying her the whole day..." He said, therefore making Kim breathe normally again. "If that's okay with you?" 

"Of course!" She said with a grin. "I thought it was something else." 

"Really?! It's okay?" He asked once again as Kim just nodded. 

"Eung. Why not?" 

"I don't know... Maybe you'll die not seeing my face for a day." 

"Whatever." Kim replied, rolling her eyes making the lad chuckle. 

"Don't worry I'll be sending a driver to fetch and send you home." 

"Cho, I can handle myself and Lyndon, okay? No need to do that." 

"But I wanna make sure you're okay!" He insisted. 

"You don't have to worry about us. I'll just send you a message every time, alright?" 

"What if you didn't?" 

"And what if I did?" She asked back, making the both of them chuckle. 

"If you did, then that's good. If you didn't, you'll have a punishment." 

"Punishment?" She asked. 

"Hmm! You'll have to kiss me at least 10 times a day for 3 weeks!" He beamed. 

"YA! Don't you think that's too much?!" She blushed, just by thinking of the punishment. 

"How about at least 5 times for 5 weeks?!" 

"I'm gonna send you messages you know!"  

"Psh. I bet you also want to do the punishment." 

"Who said so?! And don't you think my lips will get tired?!" 

"It's not like we'll do torrid kissing. A peck will be counted-- WAIT. YOU WERE THINKING OF US MAKING OUT?!" 

"YA CHO KYUHYUN I NEVER SAID SO!" 

"But you said you'll get tired!" He even more as Kim started blushing like a tomato. 

"I hate you!" 

"So you really did?!" He chuckled. 

"I DIDN'T!" 

"Well I still love you even though you're erted." 

"Hey I'm not, you jerk!" She said, making him laugh even more. 

"Arasseo. I'll be anticipating for your sweet messages, okay?"

"Shut up and rest now, alright?" 

"Hmm... You too?" 

"Eung. Though I still need to sneak in my son's room." 

"Sneak in?!" 

"Yes. I want to sleep with him tonight." 

"Tch. You could always just come and sleep with him you know. It's not like he's a teenager or something." 

"But it's no fun not sneaking in!" She said almost childishly making the lad smile at her cuteness. 

"If you want you can sneak in my room too, I won't mind." He chuckled. 

"Mwoya, you're too far!" 

"If I live next door, you would sneak in too?!" He asked in pretend shock. 

"Why not?" She said out confidently, laughing at her words. "And then I would hug you tight and sleep while hugging your fluffy tummy." 

"Hey my tummy is not that fluffy!" 

"But I like your fluffy tummy!" She said as he rolls his eyes. 

"Well that only implemented that you really want to hug me." 

"Maybe...As long as I'll hug your tummy." She grinned. 

"Then we'll meet the day after tomorrow so that you can hug me." 

"Tch. You should sleep now. You still need to fetch your friend right?" 

"Yes baby~" he yawned. "You go and sneak into Lyndon's room now." He said, making her chuckle. 

"Hmm. Good night!" 

"Good night~" he said and when she was about to hang up, Kyuhyun suddenly called her. 

"Kimmy?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Love you..." He said out sweetly as the woman can't help but to feel butterflies inside her stomach. 

"Hmm... Me too." She smiled, bitting her lower lip. "I love you too." She said, blushing hard as the lad chuckled on the other line. 

"You hang up now..." 

"Hmm..." She said as she finally hang up after a few seconds. 





~
As promised, Kim keeps on sending messages to Kyuhyun, reporting whatever she's doing. 

She suddenly felt a bit awkward about sending him messages because she won't get any reply. 

'He's probably busy.' She thought to herself before sending him a message saying that they're home. 

Kim just continued with her daily routine, cooking her and Lyndon's dinner, helping Lyndon with his homework, etc. 

It's already 11:30PM when Kim keeps on turning around the bed, unable to sleep because Kyuhyun didn't call him or anything. 

"Stop being possessive Kim. He has a life too you know." she told herself before shutting her eyes almost harshly. 





~~~~~ 
Kim almost had an heart attack, seeing an unknown number flashing on her screen. 

She thought it was him.

It's been a week that Kyuhyun told her about accompanying his 'friend' and she had a great feeling that that friend of his isn't just a friend.  

Well she cannot just forget about the things she told him... That he can date other girls, and she won't mind. 

She just sighed, contemplating herself whether to answer that unknown number or not. 



"Yoboseyo?" She finally answered after the nth ring. 

"Kimmy! Finally you answered!" Kyuhyun's voice sighed in relief on the other line. 

"Kyu-kyuhyunnie?" 

"Eung. I sorta lost my phone 3 days ago. I'm sorry for not contacting you." He said, sounding really sorry. 

"It--"


"Kyuhyunnie is bibimpab alright with you?" A woman cut Kim off at the background. 

"Yes, anything will be alright." Kyuhyun answered as Kim felt a heavy bang in her heart. 


"Kimmy?" Kyuhyun asked, now talking to her. 

"Oh... It's alright. You don't need to call me everyday you know." She forced chuckle. "Anyways I need to go it's lunch time." She said, immediately hanging up. 


"It's okay. You want this, right?" She told herself before shaking her head in frustration. 

"Kimmy bunny~ come on let's eat lunch, my treat!" Siwon said, hugging her shoulders while resting his head on hers. 

"O-okay." 



~~~~~ 
"But mommy~" Lyndon whined as Kim just stared at him. 

"I just bought you an ice cream the other day, right baby?" 

"Mo--" Lyndon was cut off when someone handed him the ice cream he's been wanting. "Uncle!!!" Lyndon grinned, hugging his Uncle Kyuhyun who's kneeling in front of him. 

Kim just froze in her place, astonished to see the beautiful man in front of him.