5

What Are We Exactly?

"Lyndon we need to go, you're going to be late!" Kim yelled, opening the door right in front of her. 

"Coming!" The little voice yelled as he saw his mom freezing on the door, just looking at the man in front of her. "Oh Uncle what are you doing here?"

"Hi good morning! I'm here to send you to school. Come on now, you're going to be late!" Kyuhyun smiled at him, pulling his hand as Kim finally snapped out of her thoughts. 

"Cho what are you doing here?" 

"I just told you, weren't you listening?" 

"B-but why?! I mean I can send him to school by myself." She reasoned out, but Kyuhyun didn't answer and instead, he just made his way to the elevator with Lyndon. "Ya!" 




Kyuhyun and Kim sent Lyndon to school, with Kim hugging and kissing his son before finally letting him go. 

"Call me if anything happens okay?" 

"Yes mommy! Love you!" 

"Love you too!" Kim replied, finally standing up and turning back just to see Kyuhyun smiling at her adorably. "What?" 

"Nothing. Let's go, I'm gonna send you to work." 

"Ya, don't you have one your own? I can go to work by myself you know." 

"Aigoo, just stop with your childish pride and let's get you to work baby!" Kyuhyun said, pulling her hand. 

"W-what did you just call me?" Kim asked, her heart beating incredibly fast. 

"U-ugh..." Kyuhyun eyes widened, shocked with what he, himself said. "M-mianhe." He immediately bowed a little before dropping her hand, bitting his lower lip and shaking his head to the sides. Cho Kyuhyun you idiot! he thought to himself before walking over to his car and opening the door for Kim. 

"Cho, I to--" he cut her off by pushing her into the car. 

"Just get in so you won't be late." He said before running over to the other side and started driving. 



They arrived in front of the office building where Kim is working, with Kim turning her head slowly to look at Kyuhyun. 

"Gomawo." She thanked him almost shyly while unbuckling her seatbelt. 

"I'll fetch you later and let's go to Lyndon together, okay?" 

"H-huh?" 

"Just stop pretending you didn't hear me." He said as Kim furrowed her eyebrows at him, making him chuckle at her cuteness. 

"Arasseo, you should work hard and take care, okay?" 

"Eung~" he smiled at her, into which she returned immediately. 

"I'll go ahead then. See you later!" She said and was about to unlock the door when Kyuhyun held her arm, stopping her. 

"Don't I get a goodbye kiss?" 

"M-MWO?!" Kim asked with her eyes widened. 

"Ya, I only asked for a simple kiss in return for taking care of you and sending you to work, can't you just give it to me?" He pouted before turning his gaze on the steering wheel, making Kim guilty. 

"Just in the cheek, okay?" She said before leaning in to kiss him on his cheek. 

"Who said--" Kyuhyun was cut off when he felt her lips on his'. 



Kim quickly pulled back as blush immediately rushed into her face. 

"Ya, I think you're going too fast!" Kyuhyun chuckled, obviously happy with what just happened. 

"Y-you!" Kim hit his arm endlessly, but instead of getting hurt, Kyuhyun just held her arm and started leaning in. "Y-ya what are you doing?" She asked as Kyuhyun is dangerously close to her.

"Go now, or else you'll be late." He gave her a heart-warming smile, making her heart flutter. 

"E-eung, I should do that." She said, blinking and turning her gaze away from him. "Take care." She said before finally going out of the car. 

She just stood a few steps away from the car, a huge smile plastered on her lips. 



~
Kim and Lyndon sat on the passenger's seat and at the back respectively, with Kyuhyun still sitting on the driver's seat. 

"Hi Uncle!" Lyndon greeted Kyuhyun cheerfully, earning a weird glance from the elder. 

"Hi. What's up with the friendly approach?" Kyuhyun chuckled earning a pout from the younger. 

"I just wanted to say Hi~" he said as Kyuhyun finally started driving. "Mommy are we going home directly?" 

"Yes, why baby?" 

"Well I have a lot of assignments... Oh mommy!" 

"Yes baby?" 

"I have 4 stars today!" He said, showing the back of his hands. "Uncle look!" Lyndon bragged his stars right in front of Kyuhyun's face, making the elder chuckle.

"You're such an intelligent boy." Kyuhyun complimented, taking a quick glance at Lyndon's hands.

"Baby your uncle is driving!" 

"Sorry Uncle." Lyndon immediately apologized before sitting back down. 




"Thanks for the ride Uncle!" Lyndon smiled, kissing Kyuhyun's cheek. Kyuhyun just can't seem to read this kid's character, as to sometimes he's being a brat and but sometimes he's being such a cutie angel. 

"No problem kiddo." He replied, messing up his hair. 

"Mommy I will go and click the elevator button!" Lyndon said excitedly before going out of the car. 


"Ugh... So are you busy today?" Kim asked right after a moment of silence. 

"Not really, wae?" 

"I'm going to cook dinner... And you might want to spend dinner with us. Well only if you're not busy." She said, playing with her bag.



Kyuhyun didn't answer for a while and so Kim took it as a rejection. 

"It's okay." She said, finally looking up to meet up his gaze. "Let's ju--" 

"Who says I won't?" Kyuhyun placed his finger on her lips. "I was just asking myself if I heard it right." He chuckled to himself. "Now go ahead and I'll just park the car." He said, leaning in to give her a kiss on the forehead. 

"E-eung. I'll go ahead then." She said as she can't help but to blush again by this man's action. 

She opened the car's door and immediately closed it, tapping her cheek a couple of times and waking herself up into the reality before walking towards the entrance. 

 


"Mommy what took you so long?" Lyndon pouted as the elevator dinged once again. "The elevator was already here a while ago and the elevator woman said she'll just get back to us." 

"I asked your Uncle if he wants to eat dinner with us." Kim said as they went in the elevator. 

"What did he say?" 

"He'll just parked the car." She told him, carrying him up to her arms. 

"Mommy why are you red?" Lyndon asked, cupping his mommy's face and checking it. 

"M-me? Red?!" She asked with her eyes widened. 

"Eung. Is it because Uncle kissed you?" 

"M-mwo?! You saw that?!" 

"Well I was bored so I looked over to the hallway and saw you kissing." He said bluntly. 

"We weren't, okay?!" She blushed even harder. 

"Mommy, I saw you~!" He said teasingly. "And you already asked me if I saw you... That only implemented that you really did kiss. And Mommy, it's not bad to kiss... I mean I kiss you too, right?" 

"B-but--" Kim was cut off when the elevator dinged, indicating that they are already on the right floor. Lyndon wiggled his body so that his mom would let him go, running over to their front door. Kim just sighed, shaking her head before walking over to where Lyndon is. 



~
Kyuhyun pressed the doorbell, waiting for Kim or Lyndon to open the door. 

In a short matter of time, Kim finally opened the door, a smile creeping up her face the moment she saw the gorgeous guy grinning at her. 

"Come in!" She smiled even more, opening the door so that Kyuhyun can come in. 

"Thanks. Have you started cooking?" 

"Well I'm still preparing. You just take a seat first and make yourself comfortable."

"W-wait," Kyuhyun called, grabbing her arm. "Are you sure you can cook? I can help you." 

"Hey I can cook you know!" She pouted. 

"Well I remembered what you said about dying of fast food because you don't ever want to cook..." He said softly, earning a smile from the other. 

"You still remember that?" She asked as he just nodded shyly. "Well I can die with fast foods, but not my son. So I sorta need to learn how to cook." She smiled. "So you don't have to worry about anything, just go and help yourself, okay?" She said before making her way to the kitchen, with Kyuhyun still following behind him. 

"Where's Lyndon?" He asked, looking over to Lyndon's room as Kim continued chopping the carrots.

"Present!" The little voice suddenly joined, raising his right hand while grinning cutely. "Why are you looking for me?" He asked as Kyuhyun went over to where Kim is chopping the carrots-- at the counter. 

"So that I can sneak out and do this." He said, wrapping his arms around Kim's waist, earning protests from the two. 

"Cho!" Kim shouted, cheeks are flushing red. 

"I just missed doing this." Kyuhyun said, whispering it to her ear and hugging her tighter. 

"Let go of mommy!" Lyndon whined, hitting Kyuhyun's thighs, the farthest he can reach, endlessly. 


Kyuhyun finally let go, chuckling and teasing the little kid. 

"Stop hugging my mommy!" Lyndon said, still hitting his thighs. Kyuhyun chuckled, taking Lyndon into his arms. 

"Arasseo. I'll just hug you!" Kyuhyun said, hugging Lyndon as the little one continues to hit his Uncle on the back. 

"Ya you two, I can't continue cooking if you're like this you know." 

"Sorry mommy." 
"Sorry." The two immediately apologized, earning a smile from the woman. They're so cute. she thought. 


"Lyndonnie, do you want to be superman?" Kyuhyun suddenly asked as Lyndon just raised his brow. 

Just then, Kyuhyun turned him around, Kyuhyun's arms around Lyndon's stomach whilst Lyndon's arms were holding unto Kyuhyun's. 

"Baby if you're like that, you can't be superman!" Kyuhyun said. 

"But it's scary!" Lyndon whined. 

"Come on, I won't let go, promise." Kyuhyun said, urging Lyndon to stretch his arms. 



Lyndon contemplated in a bit, but later on finally stretching his arms. 

"Kyaaaaaa!!!" Lyndon screamed in delight while Kyuhyun started running to the living room. 


"Ya Cho Kyuhyun!" Kim shouted in shock.

Kyuhyun stopped, slumping over the couch as the both of them catch their breaths. Kim then went over the couch, her hands on her waist. 

"You!" She pointed at the laughing lads, with Lyndon sitting on Kyuhyun's lap. 

"Uncle let's do it again!" 

"O--" 

"Kyuhyun!" 

"You're such a bummer." Kyuhyun commented, still catching his breath. 

"Yeah mommy, you're such a bummer." The little voice copied with the same manner. 

"M-mwo?! Baby what did you just call me?" 

"Bummer." Kyuhyun repeated with a chuckle. 

"Aww sorry mommy~" Lyndon said standing up and reaching for his mom's lips. 



Kim just continues to cross her arms, pretending to be mad at Lyndon. Lyndon then stood on the elevated part of the couch, with Kim finally leaning down so that she could hold her son. 

"Sorry mommy~" Lyndon said as he kisses his mom's lips. 

"Aigoo~" Kim just smiled, pinching her son's cheek. 

"Sorry baby~" Kyuhyun imitated Lyndon, but directing it to Kim instead, leaning in to her face and pursing his lips. 

"Ya!" Lyndon pushed Kyuhyun back down the couch, earning a loud chuckle from the elder. 

"Aigoo Cho you keep on teasing Lyndon!"  Kim furrowed her eyebrows, but just can't help but to giggle at the scene. "You know, I really can't finish what I'm doing because of you two." 

"But you came here with your own will! We were just playing within ourselves." Kyuhyun replied. "Anyways, Lyndon you have a lot of assignments, right? How about we start doing it in your room?" He asked as the little one turned his gaze over to his mom, who gave him a smile and a nod. 

"Arasseo. We'll be in my room then." Lyndon said. 

"Want to be superman again?" Kyuhyun asked, standing up from the couch and grinning at the little one. 

"Cho!" Kim furrowed her eyebrows, hitting his arm. 

"Arasseo, arasseo." Kyuhyun chuckled, pinching Kim's cheek. "Lyndon let's go." 



Lyndon immediately got his books from his bag, placing it on his bed. Kyuhyun just sat on the bed beside Lyndon and his books. 

"Uncle I really have a lot of school works!" 

"Don't worry, I'll help you out." Kyuhyun gave him a smile, messing up Lyndon's hair. 


Kyuhyun started reading the math problems, thinking of a way how to easily explain it to the younger. 

"Uncle..." Lyndon suddenly interrupted Kyuhyun while reading. 

"Yes?" 

"I would like have a man to man talk with you." 

Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry for the late update. :<