1

What Are We Exactly?

NO ONE'S POV
Kyuhyun just came back from Japan a few days ago and he never thought that finally, could meet the girl he's been longing to see. 

Right after ordering a hot macchiato, he walked up to the beautiful girl on the table beside the transparent glass, with his heart uncontrollably beating really fast as he inched closer to her table. 

"H-hi..." He uttered, but then the woman doesn't seem to hear him as she is still smiling at the gorgeous site outside, those beautiful reddish brown leaves falling as it's finally the start of the Fall season. "Ahum." He cleared his throat aloud, and at the same time the waitress calling his name for his drink. 

"Costumer Kyuhyun-nim?!" The girl called. "Kyuhyun-nim?" She repeated as the woman in front of her finally turned her gaze to her left, to where he is standing. 

"K-Kyuhyunnie?!" She asked, with those big brown doll-eyes asking him. He just gave her a warm smile, nodding, before walking over to the waitress and getting his macchiato. 


"Hey... Can I sit?" He asked her with a smile as she immediately nodded. 

"Y-you're back..." She uttered, almost likely to herself as she can't her help herself but to stare at the gorgeous man in front of her. "W-when? I mean it's been a long time!" 

"I know..." He once gave her a warm smile, making her smile back. 

"It's been... 5 years?" She said, into which he nodded. 

"It's really been a long time, but still, you're gorgeous as ever." He said, obviously hitting on her, therefore making her smile. 

"Yeah, it's been a long time and you're still like that huh?" She said, crossing her arms playfully that made him chuckle. 

"You know that I never lie, right?" 

"Psh." She commented shortly before stirring her drink. "So... Are you here for good? Or you're going back to Japan?" 

"I'm staying here for good." 

"That's great to hear!" She smiled at him. 

"So... How are you?" 

"I--" she was cut of when her phone started ringing furiously. She unflipped her phone's cover, instantly smiling over the caller. "So-sorry I need to answer this." She said as he just nodded. 


"Yoboseyo?" 

"Eomma where are you?" 

"Mwoya? Your dismissal is not until 4:30, right?" 

"Nooo~ I told you it's 3:30!" 

"Oh really? Mianhe~" she apologized, bitting her low lip. "Don't worry, eomma will just buy you your favorite chocolate cake, hmm?"



Eomma? he thought.



"Arasseo... Geunde eomma should be here immediately, okay?"

"Yes baby~ I'll be there before you even know it. I'll hang up now, okay?" 

"Eung~" 



"Kyuhyunnie I'm sorry but I need to go." She said while fixing her things in her bag. 

"W-wait you're married?!" Kyuhyun asked her, obviously shocked. Kim just gave him a small smile before standing up with her things. "C-can I get your number at least?" He said, standing up from his seat also. "You know... For emergency purposes." He added that made her chuckle. 

"You still use that tactic to get a girl's number?" She asked, taking his phone and typing in her number. 

"But you're just not any girl." He said as she furrowed her eyebrows but then smile is evident in her lips. 

"Here~ I'll go ahead then." She smiled, giving him a tap on the shoulder before walking ahead. 

She stopped a few steps after, walking back to Kyuhyun. "It's great to see you again by the way." She smiled at him before finally leaving to fetch her son. 


He just sighed, the fact that she's married now, and not only that, because they have a son is somewhat making him regret what he did before... he regretted that he left her.