Entry 6

How I Lost Kim Jongin

ENTRY 6

February 14, 2012

 

 

Minseok never once fails to remind me how I lost him. The thing is, he doesn’t understand. He can’t possibly comprehend why I did what I did, he’s too nice. Nice people never understand. There is reason why they are nice.

 

“Kyung, if only you didn’t another man,” he sputtered as I wandered around our shared dorm, searching for signal. My phone almost clattered but was saved by the cat’s bed. I was waiting for a important text from my supervisor.

 

“You are just jealous I didn’t you,” I remark back because I know that will shut him up, and it does. I smiled in satisfaction and picked up my phone, grinning when all 4 bars are shown.

 

“Wow Kyungsoo, so feisty and it’s barely 3,” Kris stated as he walked in limping as he headed over to the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk. He chugged it like water and then burped.

 

He wiped his mouth with his colossal hand and smirked at me. I know it’s not good because Kris is like that, and he is a douche.

 

“Jongdae texted me just a few hours ago that Jongin is staying in town for a while longer. He seems eager on making amends.”

 

My signal is lost completely as my phone slipped yet once again. This time it doesn’t land on the cat’s bed.

 

But it was enough time to receive two messages. One from Jongdae and another from Jongin. I almost lost conscious as I read them. Luckily, Kris rushed to my side and soothed me while Minseok whispered words of comfort yet once again. It’s funny how words have this effect on you.


 

 

Jongdae:

Hey Kyung, just wanted to let you know Jongin is staying in town for a while longer. Don’t lose him again. See you on Wednesday.

 

Jongin:
Hi Kyungsoo. I got  your number from my cousin. Just wanted to say hello. See you around.

 

 

It’s really funny. Words bring pain and along with them, brings Jongin.

 

It’s so funny I cry.

 

 

 

 

 


 

It was on February 14th when I returned to school. Jongin bought me the most beautiful bouquet of roses known to mankind. They mirrored his heart, beautiful and everlasting. I gave him a box filled with delicious homemade chocolates.

 

Everyone cooed at our affection from one another and crowned us cutest couple. It was only an award that meant nothing to us since our true reward was each other, and that was all that mattered.

 

Then, I went to 4th block: Music Class.

 

When I arrived, Jongdae immediately informed me what I missed. We had received a new student who excelled in singing. I was astonished because Jongdae rarely complimented one’s singing ability.

 

Before I could inquire further about this mystery man, a voice filled the room. It was like no other, it was breath taking. Who knew a voice could hold so much emotion and depth.

 

That was the turning point in my entire life. I fell in love before I even saw the person. I pivoted from my spot and came face to face with Byun Baekhyun. He met my eyes, and I felt my heart inflate. A beautiful voice from a beautiful man.

 

His singing faltered once he noticed the bouquet of roses in my hold. I completely forgot I was wearing a white t-shirt with bold black font that read: Kyungsoo loves Jongin. Jongin wore a similar one that read: Jongin loves Kyungsoo. It was his cheesy idea that I agreed to.

 

At that moment I wished I never concurred with him.

 

As realization of my emotions set in, his song was over. His voice from above was gone.

 

“Magnificent Baekhyun! You went of pitch however in the last chorus however, how rare. Oh well, I’ll only deduct a couple points. Do Kyungsoo, next!”

 

Jongdae took the roses from my hold and nudged me to go forward. “Sing for Jongin,” he cooed, loud enough for the entire class to hear. Everyone laughed and cheered, well aware that I was his and he was mine. Everyone expect Baekhyun.

 

As I sang, Baekhyun eyed me. His eyes were dark and gloomy.

 

In less than a week, I was convinced I was in love with the man. I could swear the feeling was mutual.

 

In less than three weeks, he would come up to me and introduce himself and infiltrate our group of friends.

 

In less than a month, Baekhyun and I would share our first kiss. Eventually, we shared more than that.

 

In less than three months, we were caught.

 

In 3 months, I was single.

 

In 3 months, I was labeled ‘’ and ‘cheater.’

 

By the end of those 3  months, I was out of love with Baekhyun.

 

I love Jongin, not Baekhyun.

 

It’s funny how you realize everything when it’s too late.

 

And it’s funny how Jongin showed up in front of my door, eyes red and face gaunt.

 

And want to know what cracks me  up?

 

 

The idiot gave me a chance.