Now Officially Confused

We Are Bulletproof

          "Nicole?!" Hyojung, Sooyoung and I all exclaim at the same time, the disbelief in our faces evident.

          "I thought you were in our school to learn choreography!" Hyojung asks. She must be threatened by Nicole's prescence in our group.

          "I was... Up until I saw that my friends were doing so well..." Her face sets into a determined grin. "...so well, in fact, that I decided to join them."

          I can't contain my happiness and rush forward to hug her. "You'll do great, of course! You're dancing alone is already idol-worthy!"

          "Yes, not to mention her singing and rapping are both better than yours, Jinah." Our instructor gives me a look. "I don't even know how you came to be your visual member."

          "What? Jinah's gorgeous!" Nicole says, outraged. I love her so much, she's so sweet. 

          "No, she's not." Hyojung answers. I'm too frozen to speak, so she continues. "It's only her make-up skills that save her."

          "It's true." I hold up my hand to stop Sooyoung's fist, which is already on it's way to Hyojung's nose. "I came here to be a beautician and a stylist, and that's been very... useful." 

          "Okay, I admitted a new member not to make you all question your already established positions, but to make you more confident of them and to help Nicole here find her own place." Our instructor gives us all a stern look. 

          "Hyorin, I know, you know, they know, that you're the main vocalist of the group, so stop making others feel bad if their vocals are weaker than yours. Lizzy, you have the aegyo and you're a decent dancer and vocalist, not to mention your rapping's improved drastically. Nana, whether you feel like it or not, you're our visual member. Idols are always with make-up anyway, so you should be proud of your face, because you know how to style yourself to be the prettiest one here. You're not bad in the other criterias either. Now Nicole here is new, but like I've said earlier, she dances better than all of you, so help her find her place here." After Ms. Lee gives a lecture, we all know better than to ask questions, but Nicole doesn't know that.

          "Ms. Lee, can I know where I place in terms of the other... criteria?" 

          We brace for the impact, but nothing comes. Must be cause Nicole's new, whew. 
 
          "You sing better than Nana and Lizzy, your personality will make variety easy for you, and your rapping is good." 

          With that, she walked away, leaving Hyojung as our vocal coach. I have to admit, Hyojung's vocals are AH-MAY-ZING. I need lots of practice if I want to even be worthy of my group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Exhausted by the practice, I flop on my bed once I get home. I check my phone and see 3 messages.

          One is from Hyojung, reminding me about practice WHICH I WON'T FORGET NOW THANKS TO HER. And I tell her that.

          The second one is from Joohyun, who says that she's sad I missed band practice and hopes that I can come tomorrow. 

          And the third is from an unknown number, telling me "babe, are you free on Saturday". Wait, what? I read it again. It says at the bottom -Kris. How'd he get my number? And why in the world is he asking me out?