I'm Very Good :)

We Are Bulletproof

 

          I stay too long at the band practice that I completely forget we have practice for the yearly athletics championship. It's held every December to supposedly train us so that not only are we "musically inclined", but also fit enough to be called "athletic idols". Sooyoung gets mad at me because I'm the captain of our running team and I'm the one who's late.
 
          "Sorry, sorry I'm late." I run to our training place about 30 minutes after the supposed meeting time. "I lost track of time."
 
          "What were you doing anyway?" Sooyoung asks, hands on her hips, looking annoyed. 
 
          "I was at my classmate's band practice... being tutored in Chemistry." Well that doesn't make sense. 
 
          "That doesn't make sense." Sooyoung complained. "Wait... coach says we gotta start warming up... 10 laps. Tell me while we're running."
 
          "Ah... I asked Joohyun to tutor me, but she had to go to this band slash vocal training so one of the guys in the band just asked me to go there and he tutored me himself because Joohyun was having her vocal thingy." When Sooyoung and I run and talk at the same time, we speak in fast monologues. 
 
          "Joohyun? Oh, you mean SNSD's Seohyun? The smart, pretty, talented and nice one? Band? Someone in school has a band? Guy from the band? Who? Is he cute?" I honestly don't understand how she understands everything I say and manages to ask very detailed and specific questions.
 
          "Yes, that girl. Band is called CNBLUE. Yes, my classmate Minhyuk is the drummer. He tutored me in Chem and yes, he's cute." I also don't understand how I manage to answer everything. "and he has nice arms." I add. 
 
          "Hmm... Minhyuk? Isn't he a nerd? But nice arms? Seriously? I gotta see that." 
 
           Just then, Kibum and Nicole jog up to us. "Watcha talkin bout?" Kibum asks. Unlike Sooyoung and I, Kibum and Nicole tend to keep it short when it's running time.
 
          "We were... discussing the... important... topic of... Kang Minhyuk's arms... and whether he's... cute or not." Sooyoung says in between breaths. 
 
           "Arms? Why?" Kibum looks at us questioningly, "But I personally think he's cute." he finishes. 
 
          We all look at him. "What?" He holds his hands up in mock surrender. " I'm saying this as a guy. Dude. You know he's not my type." I remember we all became friends with Kibum due to the huge misunderstanding wherein we thought he was gay. He's not, and I feel bad now for ever thinking that. 
 
           "Yep, you told us about a million times that your ideal type is Jung Eunji." Sooyoung says with a roll of her eyes. 
 
          "Exactly!" Kibum exclaims, "Yet why art thou questioning my uality?" I have to laugh at that and I end up stopping in the middle of a lap. Our coach is NOT in a good mood, so because of me we get an extra 5 laps.
 
          They all whine that's its my fault, but I know they don't really mind. We all run together, and time flies really fast cause we're just... talking. I feel good because of the extra workout, and because I lasted an entire conversation with my friends without any dairy products being thrown at me. Like I said, I feel goooood. 
 
          After practice, I notice that the basketball team guys were watching us practice. "Hey, look, Nana. The hot dudes are watching...." Sooyoung was pinching my hand. Oww! But somehow, it doesn't feel that good being watched... knowing my reputation. 
 
          I look away, but I notice another guy watching us as well. He stands from his place on a bench and walks to me. He hands me (with his nice arms) a small black notebook. "Hey, Nana, you forgot your Chem notebook at the garage. By the way, you... run really fast."
 
          I thank him for remembering, apologize for the trouble caused, and wave goodbye with a grin on my face.
 
          Somehow, I feel gooder. Oops, I mean better.