Inspiration and I

We Are Bulletproof

 

          We're in CNBLUE's (Minhyuk and Co.'s band) practice room and I am amazed by their professionalism. They're all doing a sound check like they've done it a million times before. Which they probably have, because Joohyun said that they've debuted before, but in Japan.
 
          I can't believe we're working with pros! I mean, our school is meant to train people for the entertainment business, but still, an actual pro to tutor me in Chemistry? Cool!
 
          While the band sets up, Joohyun continues to try to make me understand our Chemistry lesson. 
 
          "You see, because there's 6 atoms of carbon on the left side, we have to multiply this one on the right to make it 6 too." She says patiently. I nod, and try to answer the next example. 
 
          "You actually get the concept already, you just need some more practice. Oh, it's my turn to practice, is it okay if I let Minhyuk tutor you for now?" 
 
          "Sure." I'm glad anybody's willing to teach someone as slow as me. 
 
          "Uhh... why don't you answer a few more?" Uh-oh, I hear crickets again.
 
          I continue to answer some more but the difficult ones slow me down. Luckily, Minhyuk helps me and somehow I'm learning. I can't focus though, with two amazing vocalists practicing near me and an actual professional teaching me to balance equations. 
 
          "How come no one at school knows that you're already an idol?" I can't help it, my curiosity gets the better of me and the words just tumble out of my mouth.
 
          "Because no one really needs to know." He answers simply.
 
          "Is it okay... that I know?" 
 
          "Of course, you're an idol too, right?" He considers me an idol too? As in on the same level as them?
 
          "Me? I'm just a trainee!" 
 
          "But you're sure to debut anyway. And I think that you could actually become famous because you're good at both singing and dancing. Not to mention you've been learning to rap too." 
 
           It's so cool just sitting here receiving compliments from someone so awesome. But I just realized: how could he know all my skills when I don't even know what instrument he plays? I open my mouth to ask, but Yonghwa calls Minhyuk over. They're about to start practice as a band. 
 
          Minhyuk goes to his friends and Joohyun sits down beside me. "You gotta see them play! They're really good. Yong's vocals are amazing!" 
 
          "Yong? Oh... I see I see..." I poke Joohyun and make fun of her. She starts to get red. How cute. 
 
          When the music starts, I forget my teasing and watch them intently. Joohyun's right, as always, Yonghwa's vocals are amazing, and also the handsome dude, Jonghyun, I think. The instruments are all in perfect harmony and the vocals are just the cherry on top. 
 
          And then I see Minhyuk play. He's awesome! The drums make me want to dance (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating) but he's really good. He exudes charisma which no one ever sees in school, and honestly, he has very nice arms. 
 
           "Are you staring at Minhyuk's arms?" Joohyun starts to tease me too. We poke at each other until the music ends. 
 
          After all the practicing, it's time to go home. I'm reluctant to leave, because I finally found some people who are also serious about this idol life. It's really something to find people who are nerd by day and hottie by performance or whatever. 
 
          I decide that I have to work harder to achieve that as well. I'll start by balancing chemical equations.