Oh, the Stress

We Are Bulletproof

 

          "Ooh... Who's the guy Jinah? You should take me to your practice next week if everyone in their band looks like that." Sooyoung automatically clings to my arm when he leaves.
 
          "Who? Minhyuk?" 
 
          "Minhyuk? The nerd? No, the guy who gave you your notebook." I think Sooyoung's confused.
 
          "That was Minhyuk."
 
          "What? But he looks so cool! And Minhyuk... No offense, Jinah."
 
          Hmm... Lightbulb. Before CNBLUE practices, they also style themselves so that they would 'feel the band vibe'. The Minhyuk Sooyoung saw was the glasses-less, hair-gelled drummer Minhyuk, not the bespectacled, geeky Minhyuk. 
 
          I tell Sooyoung that Minhyuk was in his 'band form' and she doesn't really get it, so we just let it rest. We have more important things to worry about. Like practice.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
          I really enjoy rap training, it's like chill time compared to vocal, dance, variety, visual, and composition.
 
          "Very good, Hyorin. Nana?" Yay! It's my turn. I do my best to rap, making sure to pay attention to the rhythm, cause last week coach said that I didn't really match what I say to how the song flows. 
 
          "You need lots of practice, Nana. I think you'll be assigned a rapper position in your group, because your vocals and dancing aren't amazing and rapping can just be memorized. So you have to work on your rhythm, kay? But don't worry, your unique diction and voice more than makes up for anything else." I'm disappointed because my singing and dancing is again criticized and not even my rapping is good enough? 
 
          Compared to the other members, I at rapping, dancing and vocals. I feel useless in my group. 
 
          "It's okay, Jinah. You sound cool anyway." Sooyoung is there at once, comforting me. But I don't want to be an idol rapper that only relies on the nice aesthetic quality of my voice. I practice more and more until its time to call it a day. 
 
          "Okay, everyone rest up. We'll have vocal training tomorrow." Everyone? Hyojung is already bossing us around and right now we're the only three members of this group. Well I don't want to have any more stress so I ignore her. 
 
          "Don't forget to come to practice tomorrow!" Hyojung calls out, even though I already heard her the first time. 
 
          "Alright... alright..." I raise my hand in acknowledgement while getting my things. 
 
          As soon as Sooyoung and I are outside the practice room, I feel my phone vibrate. I check my phone. 2 messages.
 
          One is from Hyojung, reminding me for the millionth time about practice tomorrow. Ughhh. I send her an 'Ok. CU.' to shut her up.
 
          The other one is from Joohyun. 'Nana! Want to come to band practice again tomorrow?' Tempting. I guess I could make it to both. Band practice is kinda fun.
 
          'Sure, Seohyun :D' I reply. I realize that Joohyun and I just used our stage names to address each other. Ahhh... the life of an "idol".