I'm Still Learning

We Are Bulletproof

 

Chapter 3
Rum Pum Pum Pum
 
          "... and that is how you balance a chemical equation. Thank you." applause, applause
 
          "Joohyun-ahhh, how are you so smart? I don't understand the lesson at all!" As soon as my lab partner sits down beside me, I butcher her with questions about the lesson. I can't help it, even though I was told that I would surely debut, if my grades drop below an 85% average, I would be cut out from a lot of training sessions.
 
          "Ahh... slow down, slow down. I'll teach you after class." Her nice personality, her intelligence, her pretty face and demure personality makes her a girl that many guys in our class have a crush on. Heck, if I were a boy, I would have a crush on her too. 
 
          "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you..." She cuts me off.
 
           "No need to thank me, you helped me the other day with my terrible dancing. I know you need an 85% average to continue your regular training, our company requires that too, hehe."
 
          "But you don't neeeeedddd heeeeeeellllp. I at chemistry, and geometry, and trigonometry, I'm only good at PE!" I am so frustrated, but I kinda feel bad for unleashing my uneasiness on Joohyun. "At least I feel like a normal student now, worrying about my grades like everyone else."
 
          She just takes it as a joke and laughs. The bell rings, signaling the end of our class. A guy in glasses walks over to our table.
 
          "Joohyun, you coming to practice later?" Practice? Isn't she going to teach me after class?
 
          "Ahh... sorry Minhyuk, but I have to teach Jinah our lesson today."
 
          "S'okay, hyung just asked me to ask you if you were coming." 
 
          "Nonononono, Joohyun, you can go if you want to, just teach me another day!" I feel guilty that she's willing to cancel her plans just to tutor me in chemistry. 
 
          "Uh.. why don't you just come with us?" Minhyuk asks me, and I can't refuse that innocent face.
 
          "Uhh... okay." I can't believe I'm being awkward around the most awkward guy in class. I just don't get what's happening right now, I guess. I'm going with Joohyun to practice?
 
          "Ahh... I'l explain. Minhyuk is in a band with his friends and they practice after school. I go with them for vocal lessons with their main vocalist." Joohyun says, matter-of-factly. 
 
          "Oh... I see... I see..." Ugh, I can't bear this silence. Why am I stuck with two of the most awkward people in our school? 
 
          "I can tutor you there, Jinah. And when I'm having my lessons, Minhyuk can tutor you, if that's okay with you.. Minhyuk?"
 
          "... Yeah, that's okay with me." They may be awkward, but they're so nice.
 
          "Ah... thank you." 
 
          "Um... you're welcome." 
 
          cricket sounds
 
          As Kibum would say, AWK-WARD.