The Beautiful Target

We Are Bulletproof

 

          "And the Rookie of the Year Award goes to.... Sweet Caramel!" I stand up and bow to the people around me, before heading up the stage with Hyojung and Sooyoung to receive our award. 
 
          "Thank you to CEO Lee, to my family..."
 
           "Nana... Nana!"
 
          ...Huh? I blink and look around me... Joohyun is shaking my shoulder, our chemistry teacher is glaring at me, my classmates are snickering, and my textbook is sort of wet. Oh snap. 
 
          "Im Jinah! This is the seventh time you've been caught sleeping in Chemistry! Detention after class!" Detention? But we have practice... and the band...
 
          "Teacher, Nana has practice later... Can it be on another day please?" Yessssss! Joohyun to the rescue!
 
          "Sorry, Nana. I've let you off the hook for more than enough times already. You're supposed to get detention after the third time, but you always escape because of 'practice'. Enough is enough. Just because you're an 'idol' (Can you believe this? She actually put air-quotes around idol!) doesn't mean you should receive special treatment." She's right though. I just nod my head, dumbfounded by what she said.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
          "Sorry Nana, I couldn't help you." Joohyun looks at me regretfully, her expression showing that she really is sorry. 
 
          "No, don't be. You've helped me more than enough. It's my fault for not getting enough sleep. Have fun at practice!" I do my best to sound cheery and give her two thumbs up.
 
          "Sure. Just come with us next time, 'kay?" She waves at me and leaves. I text Sooyoung to cover for me at practice. Now... I'm alooooonee innn theee claasssssrroom. Well obviously I'm bored. 
 
          After five minutes of nothing, my Chem teacher enters the classroom. "Detention officially begins!" She looks around the classroom and then her eyes land on me. 
 
          "Are you the only one here?" I nod my head vigorously, careful not to do anything that might displease her.
 
          "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Those kids are always late." Hm? So there are other students in detention...? 
 
          "Well... Since this is your first offense, you may do anything you want, as long as its permitted by the school rules, just make sure that you don't leave this classroom. There are security cameras positioned outside the door so I will find out if you or any of the other students leave. If you do, remember that there will be severe repercussions." I nodded.
 
          Haaah... No escape for me. I should be in band practiceeeeee... Ugh. Well what should I do? There's no homework today... So... Oh. I should catch up on my sleep. Easy enough. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
          Poke. Poke.
 
          "Sh*t!" I can't help but curse cause there's a dude staring at me like three centimeters away from my face or something!
 
          "Dude, have you ever heard of PERSONAL SPACE?" I shout and jump out of my chair. 
 
          "Ah, ah, ah." He says in a taunting way. "Cursing is not allowed in the school premises. Would you like me to report to teacher? You've been a very naughty girl." 
 
          Dafu*? I step backwards and he takes a step closer. 
 
          "Hi, I'm Shin Donghee. But you can call me Shindong. From Super Junior." Super Junior, or Suju, is another one of the predecut teams here in school, like Girls' Generation. How in the world did he get in with those hunks? He extends a meaty hand towards me and I slap it away. I suddenly recognize him as the that made me run into the restroom the other day. 
 
          "You! You fu*king ert!" I try to punch him but he dodges. I'm so mad! He tried to effing touch me and he's joking about it? 
 
          "Wat'cha gonna do about it? Seduce me?" 
 
          Okay that doesn't even make sense but obviously he has something against me and my image. I back away cause something feels wrong but he suddenly pushes me against the wall. Dammit. Where is my teacher at a time like this?! Why are the security cameras only posted outside the door?!
 
          I knee him where it hurts then make a dash for the door. And then I run smack into another guy's chest.
 
          "Wait. What the?" The guy is confused for a while until he sees Shindong heading in our direction. 
 
          "What did you do?" The guy starts, putting me behind him. 
 
          Shindong doesn't say anything and quickly returns to his seat. I guess this is a popular guy speaking? 
 
          "Are you okay?" The guy is really tall so I have to look up at him. I suppose I'm seeing a lot of familiar faces today cause he's the tall guy who was defending us the other day. 
 
          I'm still a bit shell-shocked, so I just nod. 
 
          "It's okay baby, don't cry." Whut? I ain't cryin'. Is he...
 
          "I'm here by your side, everything's gonna be alright, beautiful." Whut whut? Don't tell me he's really...
 
          "What's your name, honey? I'm Kris." OMG. He's hitting on me?