I'm Surviving Somehow

We Are Bulletproof

 

          "Hey! Nana baby! Why don't you come over here and give me kiss!" 
 
          "Don't mind that , he's just trying to get on your nerves." I ignore Sooyoung's advice and turn around, fully prepared to strangle the person who was messing with me. 
 
         "Shut u-!" I barely finish my sentence when an egg comes flying in my direction. I don't have enough time to dodge, and it hits me right in the face. Yolk drips all over my uniform, and I do my best to stay calm and not punch anybody. 
 
          "Hey you got a little something on your shirt, lemme wipe that for you." The same reaches for my chest and I slap his hands away. I don't even know who that is, and right now, I just don't care. Still shocked and humiliated, I run away. 
 
          "Jinah!" Sooyoung is calling me but I don't stop. I run into the restroom, into an empty cubicle, and I sit on the floor trying not to cry. 
 
          Then I see the graffiti on the walls. My name is everywhere, both the real one and my stage name, and scrawled next to them are words like sl*t, or b*tch, or wh*re and the like. I can't take any of this anymore and I rush out of the cubicle. Sooyoung's there and she automatically hugs me, reciting the words "It's okay, it's okay" over and over again. 
 
          "Sooyoung-ah... Do you think that I shouldn't have chosen this life?" I sniffle. 
 
          "No. I still think that you made the right choice. We both know that you're strong enough to handle this." Sooyoung smiles at me. "And I told you so many times already to call me Lizzy! It sounds so much cuter and that way I won't be confused with the one in Girls' Generation!" 
 
          I shake my head. "Alright, alright, as long as you help find me something to wear." She grins, handing me a clean t-shirt and a towel. I'm so glad that Sooyoung always brings extra clothes in case of "emergencies". This certainly is an emergency, and it really did help to have her by my side. 
 
          "Come on." Sooyoung pulls me outside, her hand on my arm making me feel secure, safe. All I need are my friends. 
 
          When we got out of the restroom, my friends were waiting for me.
 
          "Hey Jinah, are you okay? You want me to whoop that little fatso's as* for you?" Kibum was cracking his knuckles and pretending to punch someone. 
 
          I laugh, "No thanks, I'm fine now." 
 
          "Really? If anyone bothers you again, you can tell us okay, we really want to help." Nicole looks at me, worry evident on her face. Gosh, my friends are the best.
 
          "Thanks you guys, really. But I chose this life knowing that things like this would happen. It hurts, yes, but your prescence really gives me the strength to go on." I say this with a smile, I mean it so much. 
 
          "Ewww... that's so corny!" Sooyoung wrinkles her nose and we all laugh. I really feel better though, and what I just said was definitely the truth. 
 
          No matter how much these problems try to faze me, if I have the people who care about me around me, then I don't give a damn. I'm happy with the decision I made, I don't regret becoming an idol. Not at all.