Chapter 15

why am i living ?

 

 

Flashback

five years old Taemin was playing alone in the sandbox. He was alone because he had no friend, only his teddy bear doll berry accompany him on the sandbox. Taemin loved berry very much, his father got it for him on his fourth birthday and he liked it very much. He only got a teddy bear on his birthday that day, sometimes he envied his big brother Sungmin because he got so many present on his seventh birthday. But he didn’t say much because his brother Yunho told him that Sungmin couldn’t go out and play in the park like me, so he needed so many toys. Even if he understood that, he still felt a bit envy at his brother.

“give it Minnie, I want that!’’ yelled an eight years old Sungmin

“no Minnie don’t want to, Minnie hyung have so much toy already’’ yelled little Taemin back as he hide his berry behind his back.

“but I want that, I’ll tell mommy you don’t want to share,, MOMMY’’ little Sungmin ran into the living and found his mother sat on the sofa, reading her favorite fashion magazine. Mrs.Lee looked up when he heard Sungmin screamed Mommy at her.

“What’s wrong honey?’’ she asked as she held her lovely son in her arms

“*sob*sob* Taeminnie didn’t want to share his teddy bear with me’’ cried Sungmin, Mrs.Lee nodded at her son before went to Taemin and ordered him to give his berry to Sungmin. Taemin finally gave the teddy after his mother shouted at him. And the next day he found berry broken in his hyung’s room. It didn’t have eyes anymore and the legs was no where to be found. After that Taemin cried really hard when he found his broken bear. Sungmin only shrugged, saying it was only a bear while his mother told him to stop crying because the house became so noise and Yunho told him he would buy a new teddy bear for him, but he never did. In the end Taemin lost his teddy bear.

That’s the first time Taemin cried really hard because he thought he didn’t have any friend anymore.

+++

It was six years old Taemin first day on elementary school, he was so happy thinking there would be many kids there and he could have a friend. He went to school very early, Yunho walked him to his new school. They arrived and Taemin was surprised and happy to see how many kids his age was there. Many of them was accompanied by their parents.

“I have to go to school now, take care’’ Yunho said before left Taemin alone, he waved at him and sighed. Maybe he should at least make a few friends first? Taemin walked around to find someone he could make friends with.

‘Too scary’

‘Too tall’

‘Too big’

‘Too dark’

He didn’t know who should he talk to until he felt a hand patted his shoulder. He saw a boy, bigger than him and had a white skin.

“boy do you lost? Where’s your parents?’’ the boouy asked him, Taemin was confused so he didn’t answer the boy “oh sorry, my name is Kyuhyun, I’m on fifth grade’’ the boy said.

“Taemin’’ little Taemin answered

“so Taemin where is your parents?’’ Kyuhyun asked again

“they’re not here, daddy is working and mommy is with hyung’’

“oh I see, wanna stay with hyung? Hyung didn’t have any lesson today’’

And they stayed together on Taemin’s first day at school. Taemin was so happy because finally he had a friend. They always went together since that day, because of the different year of class they only spend time together on lunch time or at library. Kyuhyun was a freak nerd with a good looking face. Kyuhyun stayed with Taemin because he knew the boy hadn’t make any friend since he first went into the school and he didn’t want to left the poor boy alone.

That day, after six months of knowing each other, Taemin asked Kyuhyun to go to his house to meet his family. He wanted to introduce Kyuhyun as his one and only friend.

“of course I can go Minnie’’ Kyuhyun said, messing with Taemins hair. Kyuhyun didn’t mind because he already loved Taemin as his favorite dongsaeng.

They went to Taemin house and walked in. there Kyuhyun and Sungmin met for the first time. Kyuhyun didn’t move his eyes from Sungmin the moment he saw him studying by himself on the dinning table. The boy was looking like he was having a big problem, so instead of following Taemin to his room, he went to Sungmin and helped Sungmin with the homeworks the private teacher gave to Sungmin. Since that day the two couldn’t be separated.

And that day Taemin realized he already losing his second friend in life

Kyuhyun was always went to Taemin’s home after school. He went there everyday and everyone was knew about Kyuhyun already. Lee’s family was happy because finally Sungmin had a friend who could be with him if Sungmin needed him and they really loved Kyuhyun as their own family. Taemin was so sad because he wanted to introduce Kyuhyun as his friend but he didn’t say anything, his hyung needed Kyuhyun more than him needed Kyuhyun anyway.

Three months later the two declarated themselves as bestfriend forever. They vowed nothing could separated us whatever happen. Taemin cried hard that day alone in his room, Kyuhyun really already forgot about their friendship and always looked at his hyung now. He couldn’t help but think why was everyone always wanted Sungmin and choose Sungmin and not him?

 

Flashback end

 

 

“Taemin, Taemin, Minnie!’’ Taemin woke up from his daydreaming and found Minho was staring at him with a worry look “are you ok? I called you for five minutes already’’ Minho said. They were at the library, studying together for the upcoming test.

“I’m sorry, I was just.. never mind’’ Taemin answered, he wanted to say that he was daydreaming and all but couldn’t say it until he remembered something.

“are you really ok?’’ Minho asked again

“yeah I’m ok’’ Taemin said with now a worry voice. Taemin was really curious, and the question kept bugging in his head like there was no tomorrow.

‘should I really ask it?’

‘but what if Minho is like the others?’

‘will Minho leave me?’

There was so many things inside Taemin’s head as he couldn’t focus on his study anymore. He decided to ask Minho the question, but he didn’t know how to.

“if you have a problem, just tell me okay. I’m ready to listen’’ Minho said as he stared at Taemin’s deep eyes. Taemin nodded and talked.

“will you leave me someday?’’ he asked finally, Minho blinked his eyes as he stared at the younger boy.

“why you ask something like that so suddenly?’’ Minho asked back

“like, will you leave me if you meet my hyung?’’ Taemin’s question really made Minho blinked in confusion. I mean how will hw leave Taemin if he meet his brother.

“why would I leave you when I see your hyung?’’ Minho asked back

“ahhhh, really Minho just answer me’’ Taemin whined cutely, Minho grinned at the sight.

“I won’t’’ Minho answered

“really?’’ Taemin asked back, Minho sighed before went over to Taemin and pinched his cheeks “ahhh, appo’’ Taemin whined again.

“I mean, how can I leave such a cute creature like you, huh?’’ teased Minho, Taemin pouted cutely before telling himself that Minho won’t leave forever, like his teddy bear or like Kyuhyun hyung. He believed Minho won’t leave him whatever happen.