Chapter Two

My other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello~~ here is the second chapter!

quicker than I thought actually...

I hope you'll like it and Thanks a lot to those who left me a comment <33

Enjoy~

*O0°2°0O*

 

 Abandoning the rhythm, Changmin gave up and sat down on the floor to take his breath. He heard frequently enough that they should never sit during a rehearsal, knowing they just would not be able to go on later, but it just did not matter. Panting, he just decided to look at the other struggle to follow the teacher's moves. For the first time since he got here, he did not have to work like crazy on those dance moves.

 

Today was his first day without Yunho being with him. And Yunho was the only reason Changmin pushed himself so much during dancing lessons.

                         

The lessons were the same for all rookies in the agency and Changmin quickly noticed that the agency did not care much about how hard they were working. Knowing the fact and not being so passionate about the idol thing the others seemed to care about so much, Changmin decided from the start that he probably would not have to force too much if nobody wanted him to do so. He was like that, not really having a dream, just trying to satisfy what people wanted him to be. He could not understand how those people could be so willing to sacrifice themselves only to sing in front of a crowd of screaming boys and girls. It seemed too weird for him and he never felt on the same wavelength. He had never really wanted to neither dance or sing, nor become famous or anything. Everything just fell onto him, and he accepted it carelessly.

 

In the company, Changmin was part of the few privileged persons who got picked without asking anything. Changmin had been noticed by one of those women from the company. She called herself 'headhunter'. He was playing badminton with his friends when she came to him. She did not talk much, only explaining few things about the company, telling they were truly interested in him and his talent _what talent he thought, even if he did not tell her _ and then she asked him to come to the company the next day in the afternoon. Wondering but not really caring much, he went to the so-called audition where they asked him to clap in rhythm and walk in front of them. One hour later, he had a contract in hand and the promise to become a star. He was barely twenty back then, and sometimes he still wondered why he did not wait more before accepting. But he did not and had begun to come to the agency starting then.

 

Many people called him lucky about the fact since it was way harder to enter the company for most of them. Changmin did not know if he was or not, he just went with the flow. Most of them thought he must be particularly good to receive such treatment, but Changmin knew he got picked because of his look. Tall, well-built, long legs, piercing eyes, full lips and killer smile, he heard the first day. He was not delusional, those 'talents' were visibly the only ones they looked for when they chose him. Who would know how good is a boy just looking at him hanging out with friends? Nobody of course. And since they did not really look like they expected him to try hard, he did not.

 

Eventually, nobody ever protested... except Yunho.

 

Yunho and Changmin were from the same university, though Changmin was one year younger. They never talked before this day Changmin went to his first dancing class and he was not ready to forget this meeting. Despite being younger than many of them and definitely a newcomer, Changmin acted like a brat in the agency, looking down his nose at all those efforts the others were doing. Yunho was probably the most diligent between them.

 

Contrary to Changmin, Yunho took the whole working as an idol like a real goal in his life and could not bear anyone takes it as easy as Changmin was. Yunho was not exactly passionate about being an idol, but his dream was to be one of the best singer and dancer. If he had to become an idol to fulfil this dream, then he would, he explained once.

 

Yunho passed two auditions before he got picked. He was only sixteen at the time, and despite being good dancer and singer, they found him a bit too short at the time. He was not any more and when they met, he and Changmin were exactly the same height. That might have been one of the reason that Changmin a bit, a really slight bit, impressed the first time their eyes met. This day, Changmin got quickly put back in his place. Seeing how careless the younger was, Yunho managed to hurt his pride with few words. Something about not being good enough to stay around the working ones. He could not exactly remember what he exactly said, but it pissed him off to the point he decided he hated Yunho and never wanted to meet him again.

 

But Yunho was always there and Changmin began to dance, only to show the other was wrong. Day after day, Changmin worked harder than he ever did during the dance rehearsal. He hoped it would piss Yunho to see how fast he was improving, but quite the reverse, after one month, he received his first smile from him. Then Yunho helped him with few steps, showed him some tips, incited him to train more but Yunho was always training even more. Changmin had been pissed at the beginning, but then he understood how much efforts Yunho was putting to accomplish his dream and Changmin accepted to show him he was not an ungrateful child. Since the dancing lessons were by groups, he started dancing seriously and he was proud every time the elder told him he had been good. Changmin ended up looking at him like the older brother he never had.

 

It was one year ago, but it felt like a decade for him. One entire year that he spent dancing like a crazy man because of the guilt sympathy he was feeling toward Yunho. After almost one year beside him, Changmin had changed his mind a bit. He understood a bit more Yunho's effort and he became really good and handsome dancer in everyone eyes. But today, Yunho was not there. He finally would make his début. And even if Changmin was really happy for him, he felt lonely in the agency now.

 

            The lesson ended for today and each of them went to their singing training. Changmin packed his stuff and got ready to leave. Those lessons were individual ones. Changmin went only once, at the beginning. He was criticised a lot about it, but he did not find any reason to go anyway. Yunho was not behind him to force him, the teacher did not care, the director did not seem to know and he found it particularly boring. He hated being ordered around and he als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter