Chapter Eighteen

My other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you guys start to read this chapt, I just wanted to give some details about this story. 

I won't explain all the processus to make this plot, but just few little things. 

As some may know, I'm a dancer and I used to have the kind of fear I gave to Junsu there. I have always been very comfortable to express myself with my body (dancing) but never so much with my voice. That was when I was younger, but I wasn't even a shy kid, so I know how it feels like, that's what I used when I described Junsu. I'm fine now and it changed fast. Like suddenly! 

Just saying~~ But I wanted to explain before the chapter XDDD

Oh and remember I live in a little perfect ideal world~ XD *fluff overload*

About this story, I really poured my heart into it and it's kinda heartbreaking to end it already, but I'm really glad I made it. 

I hope you will like it too and won't be disappointed by this ending.

Thanks to all the ones who gave me support, especially with your lovely comments <33 *I'm turning sentimental*

*O0°18°0O*

 

                  Junsu spent hours looking at the invitation, dreamy without even thinking about his unexpected performance. He kept touching the dark cover, feeling the roughness of the glitters under his fingers.

 

Was it real? The hope created by the stylish card almost burned his heart. It was a new link between him and Changmin. The sign that he wasn't forgotten. Not that he really doubted it, in fact, he knew their experience had been too deep for that, but it was still pleasant to have the confirmation.

 

With this simple card, he noticed the effort Changmin made to bring them closer again. It was a simple step, yet he knew the man enough to notice the feelings behind it. Despite his conviction, Junsu was not so sure he would be able to handle the situation.

 

In fact, he was not sure to be ready to watch him from afar. It was egoist and childish, but he was too used to have Changmin so close, all for himself.

 

As the date of the show came closer, Junsu was still not sure. Of course, Jaejoong's lobbying had been quite persistent to convince him, but he could not take a decision. He still had three days for that.

 

Lost in his thoughts, he missed the tall stylish man leaning against a wall who seemed to wait for him. It was only when the guy settled himself in front of him that Junsu noticed his presence.

 

“Good afternoon.” the man greeted happily.

 

Surprised, Junsu looked up and easily recognized Yunho. For all the people he could meet here, he never expected to see Yunho like this. Even less to have the man coming to him first.

 

After his first meeting with Yunho, Junsu did not see him for a long time. Being in a rookie group, he was spending a lot of time promoting and training. The singer was sure he had been forgotten. Yet, When they met by chance after this long period, Yunho remembered him.

 

For Junsu, Changmin was the only connexion between them. But Yunho seemed to think otherwise. Without knowing much about him, he was kind and helpful, like he surely was with everybody. Though, Yunho was more friendly with him than he was with many other people.

 

“Oh, good afternoon.” Junsu answered a bit troubled.

“Do you remember me?” Yunho joked.

“Of course!” Junsu exclaimed, making Yunho chuckle. “I … didn't expect you to talk to me.”

 

The way Junsu acted brought a wide grin on Yunho's face. He found his reaction very cute an refrain himself from teasing him a bit more, just to see his all surprised again. After a short time, Junsu seemed to be more uncomfortable. Yunho turned more serious, but kept his smile as he broke the awkward silence.

 

“Did you get the invitation ?”

 

Junsu send him a curious glance, wondering if he was truly talking about Changmin's and how would he know about it. If he hadn't time to meet Changmin, how would Yunho have the time to with his own schedules ??

 

“How..?”

 

Yunho smiled and patted his shoulder like an old friend would.

 

“Did you know he asked me to work on a duet with him?”

 

Junsu could only gape at the information. He heard many rumours about Changmin's upcoming stage, but this one had never been part of the suppositions. Well, it would explain some things.

 

“I... wow. Really?”

“Yeah,” Yunho nodded. “The management wanted a collaboration on a dance song and Changmin asked me to feature. The agency accepted easily. Me too.” He smiled again.

 

Changmin was promoted as a charismatic singer since the beginning and for this first album most of the songs were supposed to be ballads. Yet, he knew they would not miss the opportunity to show his talents for dance songs as well. The collaboration with Yunho would help for that.

 

Junsu nodded, not knowing what to say. That was unexpected, but a good idea actually. It would not be the first time an agency would use a sunbae to help build a fanbase for a new artist.

 

Yunho was the best choice Changmin could have done. They were friends, talented and knowing both men styles and performances, Junsu was convinced it would be an astounding collaboration.

 

“He worked very hard for this... for all his songs” Yunho informed. “You changed him.” He added and he looked very sincere, almost grateful as he said so.

 

Without meaning any offence, Junsu chuckled. Did he really change Changmin? True, he probably incited him, but he would not dare to say he did anything else. In fact, Changmin just needed a little help to find his own path. Junsu had been there by chance, giving him the opportunity he had not taken before.

 

“He really wants you to be present.” Yunho made a short stop to make sure he still had Junsu's full attention. “Changmin doesn't say much, but it doesn't mean he thinks any less.”

 

Yunho made a light pressure on his shoulder to go along his words and greeted him with this soft smile of his.

 

“It was nice to see you again Junsu-yah. I hope to meet you for the show.” He said and rushed toward a room where some people seemed to be rehearsing.

 

Junsu watched him in silence, unable to answer properly, even for a single goodbye. Yunho's words had touched him more than he thought it would. Of course, Jaejoong said more or less the same things, but Jaejoong was his friend, he said it to reassure him, he did not really know what he was talking about.

 

But Yunho... Yunho was Changmin's friend. They knew each other and they were working together even before Junsu appeared in the equation. Yunho would not take the pain to talk to him if he had not been talking about the matter with Changmin, right? Changmin might have said he wanted him to be there. It had to be. Otherwise, why would he give him a personal invitation?

 

Now, he believed he had to go. After all, it was with no doubt a step from Changmin toward him. Something to bring them together in the only way they could be now.

 

Also, it was Changmin's big Début and if Yunho said he wanted him to be, then how could he refuse? Even as a friend, he should be present to support him and watch him reach this big step.

 

Right. He had to be strong and stand fierce to support Changmin. If it was his dream, he owed him to support it the way Changmin had tried to support his.

 

 

                  With his new determination, Junsu went to the music room where Jaejoong was probably waiting for him, ready to share his decision and his little talk with Yunho. Indeed, when he reached the room, Jaejoong was there, but not alone. Sat at the piano bench, Yoochun was there too, playing some random notes as if to appease Jaejoong.

 

“Sorry, I interrupted,” Junsu said when he opened the door and felt the two men looking at him surprised. “What are you doing?”

 

For a second, Jaejoong looked down at back at him while Yoochun was simply smiling, his hands lost on the ivory.

 

“I’m going to take part of the audition.”

“The audition?” Junsu repeated and tilted his head, unsure to really understand what his friend was talking about.

“Yeah...”

 

Realisation hit Junsu fast after Jaejoong's confirmation. Twice a year, the agency made auditions for the trainees. It was more like a show to decide who improved, who did not and who could really start a career. The process was unofficial, but everybody knew about it.

 

There was no requirement to join, but only some students dared to do it, most of the time helped by a teacher.

 

“Isn't the audition in two days from now!?” Junsu exclaimed under the shock. “Are you sure about that?”

 

He did not explain further his thoughts, but Jaejoong understood the meaning. “Are you sure you can make it?” Junsu had never been able to participate, but Jaejoong had once. He had not been able to go through it when one of the teachers had asked him to introduce his song and gave up soon after.

 

Even if he never said much about it, Junsu knew it had hurt Jaejoong. He also knew the feeling for experiencing it by himself. Therefore, he was stunned to hear his friend talk about it again when it had been such a bad experience before.

 

“I want to try. I need to.” Jaejoong said with an indescribable expression. “Since we've been working together, I feel like I've improved a lot. Yoochun helped me and you, you kept pushing me to go further. I want to show to everybody what you helped me to do.”

“What? You're the one helping me!” Junsu replied loudly, but Jaejoong did not seem to hear him as he continued his explanation.

“You might not know, but I envy your voice a lot, so I trained more than I ever did to keep working with you.”

“But your voice is so beautiful...” Junsu whispered, touched by the compliment and the confidence his new friend had in him.

“And you don't hear yours...” the other replied with a wider smile.

 

Junsu blushed and lowered his eyes. He would not lie, he knew he had a great voice. But it had no meaning if he was not singing for 'Real'.

 

“Sometimes I wonder if I’m made for this,” he confessed. “I’m a newcomer in the agency, but I've been training for years with no improvement. Maybe I’m just not made for that,” he winced.

“Bullsh*t.” Yoochun grumbled from his place, not able to refrain his comment.

 

Jaejoong walked closer to his friend and his dark eyes caught him aback.

 

“Junsu, if there's one thing I've to tell you, it's that I completely agree with Yoochun.” He said firmly. “You are made for that. You deserve to be known and I think everybody deserve to listen to your voice as well.”

 

Junsu did not answer, but Yoochun made sure to show how much he agreed to that. He tried to not interfere too much in the conversation, but his opinion and his support were clear for both singers.

 

“You know,” Jaejoong continued. “I really want to do it, because I believe I need to go on. Lately, thanks to you, I've been able to feel more at ease talking with people I didn't know even with few of them. In the end, I think 10 or 1000 is the same, you just have to start.”

 

Junsu didn't say anything for a short time. He did not feel like he did anything to help Jaejoong. In fact, he even thought Yoochun had been more helpful than he had been, but he was touched his hyung thought so highly about him and about their collaboration.

 

“That's great. I wish you good luck. I'm sure you can do it”

 

Then, Junsu gave Jaejoong his best cheerful smile. Maybe, his friend was right. No, he had to be right. That had always been his problem, starting. Maybe he lacked of courage in the end.carefully, he tried to imagine the situation and wondered how it would feel. In a way, it was true, yet he wasn't sure he could do it.

 

“You can do it.” Jaejoong told him as if he had just read his mind. “You just don't know it yet.”

 

A soft smile appeared on Junsu's lips with this sentence. The way Jaejoong said it almost made it true. He really believed his words, believed in him, way more than Junsu did.

 

Really, Jaejoong was a bless in his life. Just like Junho and Yoochun were and probably like Changmin had been; but Jaejoong was different.

 

His feelings for him were truly platonic, yet he had a lot of admiration for his hyung. Since they both had the same problem, Junsu felt like they were similar. In fact, he could notice how much more determination Jaejoong had.

 

He was scared of course, Junsu could see it, but he was also willing to take care of his own life and make his dream come true not matter how much it would cost him. Jaejoong was strong. To make sure he would not disappoint him, Junsu wanted to be strong as well.

 

In their own way, each of his friend made him grow. One by one, they made him the one he was now.

 

Junho, his twin and best friend had been his first support, the one who gave him his love for singing. Yoochun had been the one to awaken his dream, to teach him and show him the way. Changmin had showed him a different way to trust people, mixing music and love in a manner he never knew before. Jaejoong now, was giving him the courage to face his fear. Yunho also had his little spot in his path, giving him conviction and force, yet he was not sure to truly understand what it was all about.

 

Maybe, just maybe, with the silent support from them all, Junsu would be able to go on.

 

“Junsu,” Jaejoong called. “Didn't you notice how you sang last time? There were many people watching you, yet you did it perfectly.

 

Stunned, Junsu watched Jaejoong without understanding immediately what he was talking about.

 

“Last time? Oh... well...”

 

Junsu looked down and thought about his song again. True, it had been quite easy to sing, but he didn't sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter