Chapter Thirteen

My other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took long for this chapter, I’m sorry... well I always am, but that's sincere ^^

Comments are love <3

Thanks for your support!

*O0°13°0O*

 

The director took his words, indeed.

 

One week later, a meeting was held to decide what song will be used for their début single and two weeks were enough for the recording to be planned. Between those, they both received the lyrics and partition of a new song, the one that would be their début song. A song written and composed by some promising trainee Changmin heard about few times but never got the chance to meet before.

 

The song was called “No gain” and was truly beautiful. Changmin wasn't sure it matched his image, but at least he was convinced it would be perfect with Junsu’s voice. The lyrics were nice, quite usual but still well done and it seemed to go with the 'passionate lover' image they wanted for him to start in the entertainment world.

 

Every time they rehearsed the song, Changmin felt himself caught by Junsu's charisma. He never mentioned it, but the way Junsu sang the more dancing song, with passion and dedication attracted him more than he thought. It was like discovering a new facet of Junsu and he found it particularly enthralling. It brought him back to this relationship they had and he frequently got lost in his thought afterwards.

 

The souvenir of the unexpected way he Junsu made him slightly uncomfortable sometimes, but he didn’t have any remorse about what happened. Despite his secret wish to make love to Junsu in a more romantic or at least more adapted environment, he didn’t regret anything about the turn of the event during this night. More like the contrary. However, he felt more and more the urge to make things clear between them.

 

They were more than friends, for sure, but none of them actually talked about them being a couple. He didn't even had the courage to properly confess yet. Not that he didn't know already what those feelings were. He knew it with no doubt. Just like he felt linked to Junsu, even if it seemed stupid to say, but later on, when he finally went back on earth after the intimate moment they shared, he felt completed. It had been like he had found his other half. A part of himself he would never be able to bear the lost.

 

Yeah, he had to tell to Junsu how he felt, but he wanted the moment to be appropriate, planned. In one word : perfect, just like Junsu was.

 

With this idea in mind, he started to work with Yoochun. With time, he learned how to get along with the guy and he also noticed that all he disliked about him all along was probably nothing more than his closeness with Junsu. When he didn't clench around Junsu, Yoochun wasn't so bad. He was smart, perspicacious and friendly, Changmin learnt day after day. He was also very supportive for what he called playfully 'his MinSu couple', and just for that, Changmin was more decided to trust him.

 

With Yoochun's help, Changmin slowly elaborated the plan he had had in mind for a moment. While Junsu was working hard on the new song for their recording, Changmin decided to use the opportunity to carry out the plan and finally clarify his relationship with Junsu. He wasn't so sure about it yet, but he felt too trapped by the time to doubt further.

 

“I don't think it's a good idea Changmin...” Yoochun said, scampering behind the younger man in the corridor.

“Maybe.” Changmin admitted as he stopped his steps without turning around. “But I don't have any better idea and I don't think we can wait much longer.”

 

Yoochun didn't answer, but Changmin knew he wasn't too convinced.

 

“Are you serious about this show?” Yoochun asked again.

“I’m sure he can do it.” Changmin stated, almost offended.

“This is way too fast,” the older sighed visibly bothered and anxious. “He barely managed to sing in front of three persons, and the closest ones, how do you want him to sing in front of three hundred?”

“I... he really needs to.” Changmin looked on the side and took a deep breath. “I know he can. He's amazing and I want everybody to know it as well.”

 

Yoochun looked at him and sighed.

 

“Changmin... don’t think I don’t know what you mean, I’ve wanted this for years, but it’s not gonna happen just because we want it.”

“You have to help me.”

“But what if we can't convince him and...” Yoochun began, his voice full of uncertainty.

“We have to,” Changmin cut him. “If I can convince him, will you help me?” He asked as he turned to lock eyes with Yoochun.

“Are you sure about it?” The pianist asked back.

 

Changmin nodded, his eyes fierce and full of determination.

 

“Then I will help as much as I can.” Satisfied by the answer and not waiting for more, Changmin turned around and left.

 

Today was the first day of recording and if Yoochun was supposed to tag along – just in case - Changmin politely turned down his help. Not being exactly obedient, Yoochun still came in the company's building, but Changmin managed to convince him they would try without him and call him if they needed. Yoochun agreed and Changmin was grateful for his trust. Now, here he was heading toward the studios were Junsu was probably already waiting for him.

 

Indeed, when he came in the room booked for them, Junsu was there, pacing up and down in front of the pane, his face marked by his stress. On the other side of the pane, two men were adjusting few things on the control table and Junsu occasionally sent them some worried glance. his hands against each other as he tried to breath normally, Junsu didn't even notice Changmin's entrance.

 

“Junsu,” he softly called to catch his attention.

 

Surprised, Junsu stopped his steps and a little smile appeared on his lips.

 

“Changmin,” he whispered, his voice almost sounding like a plea.

 

After a quick look toward the two men and a light greeting, he walked toward Junsu. He fought the urge to hug him and li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter