Chapter Sixteen

My other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the last post, I've received quite some complains.

I understand most of the things said. But you know, I see fanfiction as 'sharing'. If you open your heart to someone and never get anything back, won't you get tired?

For those who are uncomfortable with English, I can easily understand, being myself a non-native speaker, but if you can read, then you can probably write, I don't mind the mistakes. I don't mind if it's mostly in another languages, I don't speak them all, but I know a few and I'd be happy to try to understand those while I'd see an effort behind the comment.

Anyway I changed this story as friend only, so if you're reading this, it means there's no problem any more XD

To the ones who keep cheering, thank you, because I would have given already for sure if it hadn't been for your efforts.

Sorry, I'm not completely satisfied at all with this chapter, but I had to make it because I've been struggling long enough.

Here is chapter sixteen.

~oO0°16°0Oo~

After his meeting with the director, Changmin was different. The way he behaved, the way he talked or stayed silent, everything felt wrong. Most of the time, he looked lost far away, in a world nobody could access, not even Junsu.

 

Changmin did not say a word about what happened during this meeting. He was also avoiding the topic every time someone tried to bring it out. Junsu supposed he had been confronted to something big and he was not used to it. An important news, maybe a big discussion about the débuts or something related.

 

It lasted almost a week and Junsu guessed he had some complicated decision to take, without a doubt. He was afraid to guess what was this all about. The least he could tell was that Changmin was really bothered by this matter and it made him think a lot, way too much to be reassuring.

 

On the other hand, Changmin was spending more time with him than he ever did. Despite all the things that happened, they kept their training. That was probably the moment Changmin was the most dedicated to him. He was really trying his best to make Junsu sing more and more every day.

 

The way he insisted now was different from what he used to do, it was not right. Junsu knew, but did not want to hear the screams of his heart. Then, Changmin suddenly stopped coming to their rehearsal. Junsu wondered if he was sick, maybe with his family or something, but Changmin did not even answer his calls.

 

Nobody told him anything, everything about Changmin looked like a national secret suddenly and the management avoid talking about him. For two weeks, Junsu only waited, coming at the rehearsal everyday at the hours they used to go, only to find the room empty.

 

Then, he suddenly received a text message from Changmin “I'm not supposed to talk to you, but I have to. I can't come for now... I don't know for how long. Wait for me. Love.” The message surprised him at first, then he understood it was more complicated than Changmin wanted to tell him. Apparently, the new singer was not allowed to communicate with anyone for a while and the agency worked well on that matter.

 

After that, Junsu did not see him for a long time. Just like that, Changmin seemed to disappear for a while, kept hidden by the agency.

 

 

                Then, the word start to spread all around the agency faster than anybody could imagine it: Changmin was going to make his début. Like he feared, the agency learnt Changmin appeared at the school's show and did so well.

 

It was not official and they did not have a date yet, but everything was planned already, from his stage name “Choikang Changmin” to his first 'pre-début' introduction to the public, people said. Junsu was not one to listen to gossip, but he could not ignore the story.

 

This how he ended up one day at the corner of a training room listening to three students talking, Changmin's name in the middle of their conversation. From his spot, he felt anxious. He did not really know why, but it made him wait with anticipation the development of their talk.

 

“Did you see the performance?” one bleach blond haired guy asked to his friends.

“Yeah, I could not really believe it when they began to plan his début, but after that video, I must say they were right about this choice,” another one nodded.

“Me too, I asked twice if it was really him, he's got a good voice and good presence,” the third one, a skinny girl, added.

“Thinking he always skipped the vocal training, I'm jealous,” the second one said again.

 

The words rang in his head and almost scoffed bitterly. A video, he repeated, they had a video. That was why everything disappeared so fast, for a simple video.

 

“I heard the agency is even more surprised than us about that.”

“Hum, dunno...” the girl replied. “Something is up for quite a time... someone told he had been working with private teachers for a while already.”

“Oh really? I did not know!”

“Oh and did you know he's almost fluent in Japanese?” The girl, visibly one of his fans already, said once more. “They're planning to make him début in both Japan and Korea.”

“His very first Pré-début performance will be held in Japan, right? I think he's a guest for some show with Smap!” the taller boy said.

“Wow ! Pretty lucky for a beginner, that's quite a thing!”

“That's so fast! How come?”

“Isn't it like a make or break for him?”

“Yeah, I think so. They put a lot of money on him, already.”

 

Unwillingly, Junsu agreed in silence. That was probably true. He was not even mad with him for not telling it before, he knew the best how secret worked in this world, yet he felt empty.

 

Junsu wanted to believe those words Changmin told him, but he did not know if he could any more. As he walked away from the rookies, he kept the discussion in mind. He could not believe, he had to trust Changmin, he promised.

 

 

                The rookies were right, though. Two weeks later, Changmin was indeed announced in the said show. He was presented as the most promising trainee of the agency that would make his début very soon.

 

Just like everybody else, Junsu was completely shocked as well as full of admiration.

 

Changmin was amazing, even if Junsu could only see him through the small screen. With his hair stylised in a messy manner and his made a big impression with an amazing cover of Rusty Nail.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter