Talent Show Showdown: Final Sequence

BTS || † Crossing Boundaries || Story Start

 

 

` 차가방탄소년단 . )           
Chapter Eleven

 

 

 

TALENT SHOW SHOWDOWN: FINAL SEQUENCE

   The time had come for the solo acts. The most anticipated event of the night.Everyone was still ranting and raving over the girls cover of Miss Right. It was phenominal and amped up the hype. BTS was as a whole the most anxious. Since the group was divided among the winners, it was tense. TaeHyung, Yoongi, and Hoseok wanted SooRyun to win while NamJoon, Jimin, Jungkook, and Jin wanted Suji to win.

  As with the group performances, Suji was up first. Everyone of her fans were near ballistic at this point. SooJung had just finished announcing her acts introduction and it was gonna get C-R-A-Z-Y.When the music started, SuJi came out in black leather short shorts, a red plaid shirt tied around her waist and a white crop top with white wedge sneakers.She had a flat bill that said freak on her head and a couple of sparkly jems as jewlery.

   How could SooRyun compete with that? She wasn't doing anything fancy. Just a more subdued dance.

  SooRyun watched from back stage suddenly becoming nervous. I mean, she's been extremely nervous all night, but, seeing Suji bust out a sassy song like that, it gave her some doubts. She was proud of the other girls though. They worked really hard to showcase their accomplishment and the crowd absolutely loved them. 

  SooRyun was ready to shock the crowd with her dance. Originally, she was going to dance to TaeMin's Danger but then she stumbled across an artist named GAIN. Her newest song reminded SooRyun of her contemporary days and she found herself drawn into it. It was artistic, not overly ualized, and it represented her shy person being shred away. Because shy little SooRyun could never and would never dance like that.

  But she was going to shock everyone, even the other girls. No one had any idea what SooRyun was about to pull off. They thought she did but they really didn't. Underneath SooRyun's huge black trenchcoat, she was barefoot wearing spandex black shorts with sheer black nylons and a long sleeved black shirt with mesh arms that hugged her body. 

   This was the modified outfit based off of the music video. Because as brave as SooRyun was being now, she wasn't brave enough to prance around in a leotard.She ran over the steps in her head as Suji's performance was drawing to a close. She chose a modern contemporary piece so she was reviewing the different techniques in her head.

  When the crowd became quiet again, SooRyun could hear her announcement. SooRyun could feel the pressure from the crowd. It was suffocating and as her legs shook she positioned herself behind the curtains in total darkness. She talked into a microphone.

   "Some o-of you k-k-know me and some of y-you don't. My name is SooRyun and I am from the W-Westside. I h-hope you like m-m-my dance." The crowd was filled with hushed whispers at her shy tone. Her stuttering didn't help the matter either. Behind the stage, shrugging off her trench coat, she got into her starting position. This was it. This was her grand comeback. This was what she had been running from for so long, and this was also what she'd been waiting for ever since her injury. 

  

   In the front row, the girls were speechless. THAT was SooRyun? Little stuttering SooRyun was dancing like...that? 

   "HOLY ! Is that SooRyun???????" MinHi nearly lost her marbles when she saw SooRyun drop to the stage and roll around. She knew SooRyun could dance but...this was something else!

   "SooRyun is amazing!" ByulHee exclaimed smiling. She knew SooRyun was good but she'd never realized how until this point. She wasn't kidding when she said she's been dancing since she was a kid. You could tell how developed her technique was. It wasn't trashy y either. SooRyun was alluring.

   They weren't kidding when they said it was always the shy ones you have to look out for. SooRyun had blown the whole room away. Not a sound, cat call, or whoop was being uttered. It was as if SooRyun's fluid movements had put them all in a trance.

   V on the other hand actually fell off his chair. Really, once he saw SooRyun in that y little number he was pretty sure all the blood rushed to his head (if you know what I mean). He knew she could win...but...wow this is coming from the girl who can't even talk to him without stuttering and turning into a cherry? 

   When he recovered from his shock and delight, he turned towards Rap Monster with a nasty sneer. He was right. But judging from Rap Monsters attention he didn't even notice. He was to busy letting a birds nest grow in his open mouth.

   "Is that...did she just...what..." Jimin was loosing his mind. He knew it was always the shy ones that were the freakiest. But SooRyun was putting him in a spell.

   "Well I guess the mouse was really a cat after all." J-Hope chuckled to himself as he watched SooRyun go into a sitting split. He knew he bet his money on the right girl. Those girls their parents picked, he knew they couldn't be just ordinary. There was a reason, and J-Hope saw that now. He'd never met a girl like EunSeo who could stimulate him and intrigue him in an intellectual way.

   How interresting.

   Meanwhile SooRyun was having a blast. She could feel herself becoming lost in the music, lost in her body movements, eyes closed and simply enjoying the rush of adrenaline she hadn't felt in a long time. For so long she'd been hiding and now she felt free.

   When the music finally ended, SooRyun took a bow. The applause was thunderous. Even TaeHyung had gotten up to clap and cheer which SooRyun noticed and blushed a dark red. TaeHyung chuckled. After all that and she still manages to blush like an innocent girl. 

   When the applause had died down,SooJung came back onto the stage, all smiles. She held a golden envelope in her hand which meant the judges had deliberated and the verdict was in. The seven girls held hands as the stage curtains opened up again and all the acts were lined up accordingly.

   The tension was high, the stakes even higher. SooJung slowly opened the envelope and read the name inside. She smiled as if she got what she wanted and looked up towards the crowd. "Drum roll please," an eternity passes it seems, but only 5 seconds later do the words, "The winners of this years talent show are The Girls With Long Hair!" come out. The seven girls gasped and jumped up and down excidetly, celebrating their win and effectively shutting down SuJi and her possee. Even though SooRyun didn't win, it didn't matter. She didn't care. All that mattered was that she had danced, proven to herself that she would be okay, and that even she could overcome her shyness and expose herself with dance. 

   Teen Top was elated. The girls deserved it. You could tell how much time and effort they put into the dance, studying Teen Top's dancing styles themselves and mimicing them as close as possible. They were thoroughly impressed.

   The girls were still in disbelief. They didn't think they could win. Hell, they didn't even know if they could pull off this dance, but lo and behold they had done it. With style too. It was all thanks to SooRyun's help, she was the real winner here.

   MiKyung smirked at Suji and her possee. She and the others walked over to them behind the stage. "Looks like we won the bet. Fair and square too." Suji scoffed. "It doesn't matter. I'll still make the little mouse squirm. After all, it's not like you can protect her 24/7 right?" Hannah growled and shot Suji a ferreal look that MinHi would be proud of.

   "If you touch Unnie..." She laughed. "You'll do what? Tell on me?" EunSeo was the peace keeper. "Alright let's just settle down. Let's go home, okay?" The girls nodded but not before ByulHee flipped them the bird, something MinHi had taught her. MinHi gave Byul a pat on the back, a small smirk on her face. They did what they had to do and the did it with flying colors, that was all that mattered.

  When the girls made it home, it was really quiet. They figured that BTS must have still been at the show for whatever reason. MiKyung, feeling the relief of being at home, could finally let her guard down. She'd spiked a fever after their dance and she could feel the dizziness she'd been fighting all week finally over take her. 

   She'd been pushing herself by taking medication, OTC one's that she could easily obtain. It seemed, however, the symptoms were getting much worse. 

  "I..don't feel very good. I'm going to go lay down, okay?" The girls nodded, noticing how pale MiKyung looked. She turned slowly and grabbed the railing for support. She walked up the long winding stair case towards their rooms but could feel her vision going in and out as she did so. She missed a step, causing her to trip and fall. The impact had knocked her out cold, but the last thing she heard was Hannah's worried voice as she sprinted towards her Unnie.

  MiKyung had done so well in hiding her illness, but would this be it? Had she pushed her body too far with the dance? What would the other's think when they learn she has less than a year to live? That she has cancer? Would they send her back home and swap her out with a kid who wasn't sick?

 These crossed her mind before she out.  

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :  I had so much fun writing SooRyun! EEEEEP! Our little mouse is actually a cat! kekekeke did anyone see it coming? I'm pretty good at leading you on right? I picked this dance because originally SooRyun is trained in ballet. Contemporary is pretty close in similarities so I tweaked it just a little bit. The difference between SCS and SooRyun is that SCS was just shaking and body waving. SooRyun was using actual technique and movement to express, not impress. So what does this mean for her now though? The whole school definitely won't forget this performance and now BTS knows she can dance. MiKyung, oh no the poor girl :/ all that physical activity has stressed her body, what will happen now? As i mentioned before, each character will get their own arc so to speak. They'll get their own little spot light. SooRyun's is drawing to a close and I will be starting MiKyung, HaeRa, and Hannah next because they can be easily advanced with the appearance of Teen Top. I have special plans for MinHi, ByulHee and EunSeo so please be patient because I promise you you'll melt at what I have in mind for the three of your times. Anyway please comment and let me know what you think or what you'd like to see more of! Sorry for the long wait times, but life is really busy and being an adult (which I'm sure I've complained about time and time again) lol thank you for sticking with this story!

 

 

credits to fallen angel