T-T-Talent Show Showdown II

BTS || † Crossing Boundaries || Story Start

 

춤 을 할 수 있습니다.)           

Chapter Nine

 

 

 

  TALENT SHOW SHOWDOWN II.

     One would think SooRyun couldn't buck up the courage to go out on stage and dance. One would think she wouldn't be able to do it to prove herself to that no good of a Queenka. But no, instead, MiKyung has found herself aghast at the the scene in front of her. SooRyun was intently reading the rules of the contest. As if she ACTUALLY looked confident.

     Of course SooRyun knew she could do this, she used to dance after all. The problem would be, however, was her secret would be exposed. So far, she's kept her journal and past locked up and sealed tight, would she be willing to let it loose? SooRyun quickly scanned the studio, it looked like she was alone.

     Once SooRyun felt the coast was clear, SooRyun pulled out her old mp3 player from her bag and plugged in into the sound system. If she was going to try dancing again she'd rather do it alone. 

    Taking a deep breath, she set her mp3 player to shuffle. She heard the first song come out of the speakers and nearly started crying. This was one of the last dances she ever did before her injury. She wondered if she'd still remember it.

   Taking off her school jacket and skirt left her in her all black tank top and black spandex shorts she wore under her skirt because it was too short. She took off her socks and shoes. When she felt the floor of the dance studio under her feet again she didn't realize how much she truly missed dance. She'd been writing in her notebook for so long, she'd been running away for so long, she forgot why she truly loved dance.

   She felt herself fall to the ground in the first steps, remembering each move as if it was yesterday. She could tell her muscles were a little rusty, but she didn't care. Her ankle, she noticed, felt fine. No pain, nothing. She felt herself let out a true smile. 

   She danced and danced, flowing into all sorts of complicated moves. Compass turn, Fan Kick, Jete, Cabriole etc. She spun and spun feeling the thrill of dance she so sorely missed. MiKyung, quietly peering through the crack of the door, was absolutely flabbergasted. SooRyun, the tiny little mouse, could dance like a GODDESS? Who knew she could dance so well? You'd never guess by looking at her. 

    The song ended and SooRyun couldn't wipe the grin off her face. She felt so exhilarated, she needed to dance more. When the next song came on, she was surprised that it was a hip-hop song. She seldom danced to those, her main style being contemporary and all. Her dance teacher was actually born on the East side but had moved to the West side because she wanted to give girls like SooRyun a chance to dance. That's the reason she has so many newer songs.  SooRyun started to dance again and MiKyung couldn't believe the raw talent she was seeing. This was a whole other side to SooRyun she'd never seen and she didn't know what to think or make of it.

   The door to the built in dance studio burst open as EunSeo shoved MiKyung out of the way and came running through with her laptop courtesy of the Kims. Each girl had received a lap top in their room when they had first arrived. SooRyun immediately dropped to the ground on her back, hoping to god no one saw her dancing. They would eventually, but, she wanted to explain things on her own time.

    "SooRyun I found the PERFECT dance for us! It's called Miss Right by Teen Top. I really think we could pull it off. Oh and SooRyun I found a dance for you too! I know it looks difficult at first but I really think you could win with this dance!" SooRyun peered over at the laptop screen, chuckling to herself internally. It was probably a pretty easy dance but to someone with no dance background it would look difficult. EunSeo pressed play and a jazzy sort of tune started to play through the speakers. She glanced up at the title and the song was called 'The Red Shoes'. SooRyun could already tell she didn't like it. Jazz was never her favorite. It was always contemporary followed by hip-hop.

   "Haha EunSeo it seems like SooRyun hates it. Look at her face." MiKyung pointed at the displeased expression SooRyun didn't even realize she was making. SooRyun also didn't even realize MiKyung was here. Had she seen her dance? She quickly ducked her head at being caught red handed. Oh she must be so offended now. EunSeo gave a pat on the back.

    "I have a few more options up my sleeve, don't worry." EunSeo pulled up another video, this time by someone named TaeMin. The video started to play and SooRyun immediately felt some type of way. This boys technique was just phenominal and she really liked the beat of this song. One line seemed to stand out to her particularly. "It's my showtime!" kind of like, it's my time to shine. 

    "I w-w-want to dance to t-t-this one." MiKyung smirked. If SooRyun's little display just now was any indication, she could knock this dance out of the water.

   "It's a really tough dance though, do you think you can do it?" SooRyun faintly nodded. She could knock this dance out of the park. To bad her major stage fright would crush that sentiment. "Why don't we get all the girls here and sort out our game plan, huh?" The girls nodded and MiKyung went to find the others while EunSeo and SooRyun stayed behind looking at various Youtube videos. 

~ Time Skip: two weeks ~

   EunSeo smirked when she caught Hoseok eating by himself in the library. It was her free period, and while she normally spent it socializing, she decided to catch up on some much needed study time. To her delight and surprise, the object of her interest just so happened to be at one of the study tables. It must have been her lucky day. 

   Should she sit down at the table and surprise him? On one hand, she really wanted to get to know Hoseok better yet on the other hand she really needed to study. After mulling it over some more while glancing down at her workbook, EunSeo decided that boys, namely Hoseok, were more important. With that resolve in mind, she fixed her bangs quickly before walking over and dropping her book on the table, startling the crap out of J-Hope.

  J-Hope glared at EunSeo when he noticed her presence. He didn't want to be bothered, especially now of all times. This is specifically why he came to the library! No one is usually here and he can finally get some peace and quiet. EunSeo waved across the table. "Hello Hoseok." J-Hope felt weird being called by his real name. No one but his parents really call him by his real name. He didn't feel the need to extend a reply so he didn't. This didn't discourage EunSeo, however, because she was determined to get under his skin. To get to know the real him.

  "What are you reading?" J-Hope continued to stare at his book, remaining silent. EunSeo's lips formed a thin line and a look of dismay displayed on her face. It looks like this was going to be harder then she thought. It was a good thing she came prepared. "It's to bad you don't seem interested in talking, because I was hoping you'd want to build this with me." EunSeo held up a box of Lego's that would build a battleship. She wasn't proud of it, but after much snooping, she'd found Hoseok's room by accident one day. She noticed his lego building blocks and had the brilliant idea to entice him with a new set.  

   "Is that...the new model? I mean uh Lego's, how stupid." EunSeo giggled and opened the box, spreading the Lego's onto the table. "Are you going to help me or not Hoseok?" J-Hope looked torn as this was school and he wouldn't dare to make his collection of Lego's known in public. However, having all these Lego's right in front of him was just torturous. This girl....

     "You are really something else, you know that?" EunSeo shrugged and picked up a few Lego's to start building. "So I've been told once or twice." J-Hope cracked a slight smile but tried just as quickly to hide it. Even though J-Hope typically avoids people, he secretly enjoyed small conversation, he just didn't want to be the pursuer. EunSeo smiled at his smile and they built the battleship together. It was the first time they were getting along and even Hoseok had to admit it wasn't half bad.

    MiKyung felt anxious as the date of the contest drew nearer and nearer. These rigorous weeks of practicing have really done a number on MiKyung's body and she could feel herself starting to fall ill again. She'd hope she'd make it to Friday. It was already Thursday so if she could just hold out for one more day she would be ok. But the way her temperature was spiking again, she could feel herself becoming weaker. 

     She felt a flick on her forehead and frowned when she saw that NamJoon had taken up the space in front of her. She was sitting underneath a tree in the court yard during her free period and wasn't expecting Rap Monster to be in school at all since he never goes. He's always skipping. Not that she looked for him or anything. 

    "Idiot. You're burning up again." MiKyung obviously knew that considering sweat was starting to bead on her forehead and her head was pounding. 

    "Don't worry about me. I'm fine." Rap Monster knew she was not fine. She had cancer for God sakes, untreated cancer at that, how could anyone be fine? NamJoon didn't care about this girl at all, really, he just didn't want his mother harping on him should anything happen to one of the girls. At least that's what he's been telling himself. Just like the altitude of that Elephant was making his heart race and his cheeks redden. That was definitely what was going on again. 

    "We're going to the nurse." And no sooner were the words uttered did MiKyung feel herself being flung over NamJoon's shoulders like a sack of potatoes. She felt her face turn hot at the feel of Rap Monsters skin on her bare legs but it wasn't even noticeable because of her fever. If she had more energy, she'd be kicking and screaming right now. But, it might not be a total tradgedy, because she'd be lying if she said she didn't enjoy the closeness to him right now. 

     Meanwhile, on the other side of town, MinHi was having a field day! She felt free skipping class and not one person could hold her back nor tell her what to do. And no one knew who she was here. She wasn't a Westsider nor would people know she's poor. Just a simple school girl skipping class. Smiling for once, she immediately went to the nearest bar she could find.

     Suga had been following MinHi since he'd seen her hop over the brick wall at school while he was on the rooftop during his free period. He couldn't believe that she was skipping school as a guest. If she didn't want to be here why did she come? It's not like Suga wanted her here or anything. Nonetheless, he wouldn't let her just get away with it. If he couldn't get her in trouble, he would at least make her angry. Technically he was skipping school as well, something he's never done before, but the reason is very understandable in his mind. He's making sure MinHi doesn't get what she wants.

      Suga hid behind a telephone pole as he watched MinHi walk into karaoke. He scoffed. He was so sure she was going to go into a bar, not a norebong. Keeping out of sight he quickly followed her into the building. He requested for the room she rented out (with what money he had no idea) and carefully stalked up to the door. He heard absolute silence.

       Furrowing his brows, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Peering behind him he was surprised to see MinHi leaning against the wall with a smirk on her face.

      "So dainty, I could feel you tailing me since we left school, Princess YoonGi." Suga glared at the heathen in front of him. Could you blame him? He hardly ever broke the rules. It's not like he did this often. That was Rap Monsters specialty.

     "Skipping school already? You're lucky that reporting you will do nothing. Instead I've just decided I'm going to annoy you all day until you go back to school or the compound. Breaking the rules aren't tolerated around here." MinHi scoffed.

      "I'm not that easy, good luck." Suga smirked and pulled out a pair of handcuffs. Before MinHi could register what was happening, she heard a click as she felt metallic around her wrist. She nearly screamed when she saw YoonGi had handcuffed them together.

     "Are you sure about that, Manly MinHi?" Damn she had severely underestimated him. Wait, where the hell did he even get the handcuffs in the first place? She didn't even want to know. Feeling herself being dragged out of the norebang, she immediately regretted leaving school. She couldn't stand being around this goody two shoes. She would rather be in school where she could at least escape to the rooftop. This boy was really the most irritating one she'd ever met. 

    Later that evening, the girls were all gathered in the dance studio, running over their routines again and again. Once MiKyung's fever had subsided and she rested up a bit she felt fine.

      SooRyun had long since explained her past with dance and in turn of learning her own dance she was helping the other girls learn their dance, which she really liked. She'd found herself becoming more comfortable around the girls. It seemed they had all gotten closer over the course of these two weeks.  They'd learned a lot about each other and found that they all had more things in common then they realized, other then just being from the West side.

    "What do you think Suji and her group will do?" ByulHee questioned wondering if they were going to dance to a boy group as well. Hannah knew exactly what they were going to do, she'd overheard some first year boys talking about how every year they do a really y dance.

     "I overheard some boys the other day and they said that they wondered which y dance the girls would do this year, so I think they will be doing something along the lines of a girl group. The terms were that only WE had to do a boy group dance. Those cheaters. They're so unconfident they have to purposely give us a handicap." MiKyung agreed with that. Of course SuJi would do everything in her power to screw them over. After practically scaring poor SooRyun to death in the bathroom she wouldn't put it past the girl to pull something like this. But even if SuJi did do a y solo dance, MiKyung knew that SooRyun would outshine her with her dance selection. 

     "I think I'm in love with Teen Top." EunSeo exclaimed dreamily, admiring the way L.Joe was rapping in the song they were dancing to. She'd heard they also went to their school and were mortal enemies with BTS. EunSeo was really intent on meeting them. she really wanted to express her appreciation for their talent. 

      "Changjo is the best!" HaeRa exclaimed excitedly as she watched his part for Miss Right on the laptop screen sitting on the dance floor. They had been using the music videos dance version to learn and study off of. HaeRa had immediately felt drawn to Changjo and begged to get his part of the dance. Of course she got it because everyone loved HaeRa.

     "Since the talent show is tomorrow, why don't we all get some sleep for the night? Especially you, SooRyun you need to be in tip top shape for tomorrow." MinHi scolded. She actually wanted to win this thing after putting in so much dedication towards one song. Even though she HATED kpop and all its sparkly glamor crap, she had to admit the song was extremely catchy.

 

   In the rec room, the boys were all gathered around a pool table yet neither one was talking much. They were all deep in thought about the girls and how they've been really busy as of late. V was the most vocal about it, complaining how he missed teasing SooRyun. Jimin was second in line stating that he needed to play with his little Tokki which earned him a good slap from Suga. He swears all that boy ever thinks about is girls. 

   "I heard that the girls got challenged by SuJi's group for the talent show. The whole school has been placing bets on whose going to win, no surprise almost everyone is putting their money on SuJi. I bet my money on SooRyun though." J-Hope said surprising the whole group. He must really be in a good mood if he willingly contributed to a conversation. 

   "You placed a bet on SooRyun? That girl is totally worthless. She's so shy she won't even be able to make it onto the stage." Rap Monster had no doubt SuJi would win. He's never seen SooRyun do anything other then squeak, blush, and stutter. How the hell was she going to get up and perform in front of the whole school? V frowned at Rap Monster. He didn't think SooRyun was worthless. V thought SooRyun was interesting and extremely fun to rile up. 

   "We'll see what happens tomorrow then now won't we?" JungKook said leaving the conversation to close. Truthfully none of the boys knew what was going to happen tomorrow but they did know one thing. It would surely be one hell of a showdown.

     

 g

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :  I am such trash omg I am so sorry for such a long wait! I promise you I'm not going to abandon this story so please please continue to read it! I have such a busy life that I'm not able to update as often as I'd like to. But I still have all my motivation and big plans for this story so I hope you stick to it. I'm sorry this chapter is choppy and complete trash, but I just needed it to be a filler chapter so I could squeeze in some SeoHope and MinGi action since they haven't had any solid interaction at all. I also made it so I could set up perfectly into the showdown scene. On another note, the first arc of the story is almost coming to an end. The next arc will focus on MinHi and ByulHee. Remember each girl is going to get her own arc and development in this story so don't fret if you feel like your character isn't in the spot light at the moment. I will get to your character eventually so please please be patient. Other then that I hope you all still enjoyed this chapter and I can't wait for the good things to come! Till next time!

 

 

credits to fallen angel