'Silver's debut days'

Pursuing Dreams

Hey guys! I just wanted you to know that I'm so sorry for not updating regularily... But after all, I AM a student, and I've got PILES and PILES of homework...even as I'm writing this:"( So if I don't update every week, please forgive me...

Btww, I'm probably younger than you think so...haha anyways thank you so much for reading this fanfic and....see ya soon!

-    -       -     -     -     -     -     -    -      -       -      -      -       -      -        -  

 

CHAPTER 6

Jamie POV

On the right side of the stage, I heard Reowook introduce us in a warm, welcoming voice that made me relax just a bit.

"Welcome, everyone! I'm happy to be here with two of my fellow SM groups, EXO and SILVER!"

We took this as a cue and clapped loudly, and when the applause died away, the Sunbae continued.
"As many of you know, the new girl group SILVER, who are right in front of us, are going to debut through this program called 'SILVER's Debut Days'!
Lets welcome them, boys!"

Once again, the EXO K boys started clapping, with a grin plastered on their faces. I wondered if they liked us or they were doing it for the audience.

Nevertheless, we cutely yelled our slogan, just like our script we got this morning said;

"Hello, we are the shining SILVER!"

We also had to do the little 'star' hand motion, but to be honest, we all knew we would take some time before getting accustomed to it. It was too girly for our taste.

The boys(including Reowook) were whooping, clapping, and doing all sorts of things, but it was probably just so we could gain more attention, by being the EXO's 'favourite'.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Kai doing nothing. He was probably sick of us, or rather me.
He sat beside Kyungsoo oppa, and I could see oppa glaring at Kai. Whoop whoop, go oppa.

When we sat down, Reowook continued with his emceeing.
"Well, since we don't know SILVER that well, why dont we start by looking at their profiles?"

The boy nodded, and an unnie brought a stand with big papers on it.

Reowook took the first paper, and I saw that there was picture of Gina.
"Okay. So first up is Gina-"
Gina stood up, waved, and quietly sat down. She wasn't the type to be all giggly and stuff. I just stared at the papers, trying to read what it said from almost 10 feet away.
Mind you, my eyesight wasn't the best.

As Reowook skimmed through the paper, I could barely see that it had our basic information, such as our birthday, position in the group, and hobbies.

But what really caught my eyes were the fat headings that said 'Talent'.
I guess it was somewhat like impersonations, or whatever you were good at.

For Gina unnie's paper, her 'talents' were free-style rapping. Well, the rapping part was a bit obvious, since unnie was the main rapper from our group.

Reowook beamed at Gina and started reading off the paper.

"Hmm... Okay. So Gina is the leader and the main rapper of the group, and her talent is freestyle rapping... Gina, do you mind showing us a little bit of your rapping?"

Of course, unnie couldn't turn the offer down. As much as I could tell, it was more of an order than an offer. Although she didn't like rapping in front of a bunch of people she barely knew, she had to do it, so it would boost our 'popularity' right up.

Once Gina unnie started rapping, the room fell silent.
Even the members of SILVER, who had heard her rapping very often, couldn't help but swoon at her flow and precision of words.

She seemed to drag the beat down slow with her, but could somehow make it sound on beat
I could see some of the boys’ jaws open slightly, very impressed by her rapping.

When she finished, no one could resist the urge to stand up and clap like maniacs, and well, everyone did.
I could see Gina unnie blushing hard under her foundation, and I softly smiled at the sight.

Reowook kindly commented,
"Gina, that was some pretty hard-core rapping. I'm sure most of the boy rappers in Korea cannot be compared by you. You were amazing!"

Unnie was flustered by the sunbae's sincere comment and answered,
"Thank you. But I heard there was a rapper or two in EXO. Do you mind if I hear their freestyle rapping?

Of course, the question was on the script. Unnie didn't know a thing about EXO, but she had to say it, so the conversation would keep flowing.

Reowook answered,
"Yes, absolutely! Actually, there are three rappers in EXO. Well, could you three come up to the front of the stage?"

I got curious as to who the rappers were.
I turned my head to see...
The really tall guy with the low voice called Chanyeol stand up,
The tall maknae called Sehun stand up, and...
The y guy called Kai stand up.

Reowook sunbae asked,
"Well, Kai. Since you're in the middle, why dont you rap a line from 'Growl'?"
The brat grumbled something that sounded like a yes, cleared his throat, and started rapping.

I, along with the rest of SILVER, gasped at his casual swag and the addictive voice.

I couldn't believe it. Why was I swooning at the brat?
Just because he's good at rapping didn't mean he was a nice person, after all.
I played back in my mind, the scene in the building when I first met him. I relaxed and payed attention to something else.
He was the brat, the arrogent jerk, and he would stay so forever. I was sure.