Hyung...in Love?

Pursuing Dreams

CHAPTER 13

D-2

Kai POV

Yesterday, we practiced the choerography for our song, and time had flown very fast.

For the beginning part in 'Amazing Grace', I started out by doing a few ballet routines.

I was thanking my mom the whole time for making me take ballet and jazz lessons when I was 6, because I didn't want to look like a robot with no joints in front of Jamie.

After a few seconds of my ballet solo, Jamie would then make an enterance with a pink rose in her hand.

We would then do a little bit of syncronized dancing, until the second song came in.

In 'What Makes You Beautiful', Jamie would sing a couple lines, then I would rap.
For the chorus, we decided to just hold hands and sing nomally.

Surprisingly, Jamie was excellent at dancing. She looked like she was better than more than half my hyungs in EXO.
Come on, I thought, why do you have to be good at everything?
She was more than great at singing, playing piano, dancing... And now what?
Rapping? Doing variety?
No wonder she only had a month of being trainee before she debuted. She was a natural, a born idol.

As for me while we practiced, I don't think I've danced, sang, and rapped this hard with so much concentration in my life. Not even for any of the EXO songs.

By today, we had all the choreography memorized, so we decided to rest.

While we were sipping our juice from the vending machine, with a bit of awkwardness hanging in the air, the cameraman decided to give us something to do.

He asked,
"Could you two talk? If you don't talk, I can't put your film in the show!"

I heard Jamie sigh, and in her bright voice, she asked me,
"Kai, I don't think I've ever heard your ideal type. I know you've been listening to my interview."

I blushed, and instantly prayed my whole face wasn't flaming red.

I coughed a couple of times before answering her question.

"Well... My ideal type is someone with a gorgeous voice when she sings. She should be younger than me, but just by a couple of years. I usually don't look at the facial features, but it'd be nice if she had big doe eyes."

After I said that, I instantly froze.

I was describing the girl in front of me.

And the girl?

Yup, you've guessed it right.

It was Jamie.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kai POV

By the time I'd gotten to our dorm, the sky was pitch black.

Some of the members were lying on the couch, bursting in laughter watching Runningman.

Baekhyun hyung and Sehun were snacking on chips and icecreams, although if Mr. Lee found out, he'd make us do crazy workouts.

Others, such as Suho hyung and Chanyeol hyung, were blasting 'Wolf' and roaring out their parts.
I was surprised that our neighbors hadn't complained yet.

On my way to the kitchen to grab a glass of milk, I heard Kyungsoo hyung sighing beside the dining table.
I approached him and asked,
"What's wrong, hyung?"

He glanced at me and stammered,
"N-nothing's w-wro-wrong! What made you think like that? I'm perfectly fine!"

I raised my eyebrows.
"Hyung, I can tell when you're lying or not. Next time you want to cover something up, try not to stammer every word."

Hyung raised his hands up in defeat.
"Fine. I give up. You smartass, Jongin."

I smirked before asking him again.
"So what was it that you were sighing about?"

He paused before spilling it out.
"I- IthinkIlikeHana."

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.
"What? What did you say? I cou-Oh. OH."

Hyung sighed.
"Yeah."

I didn't know what to say.
All I knew about Hana was that she was close to Jamie. Or, at least I thought so, since I heard them talk at break.

I didn't know if Hana was a nice and a kind-hearted girl or not, but I would have to trust Kyungsoo hyung.

I put a hand on Kyungsoo hyung's shoulder.

"Hyung, I think you should think about your feelings before you make a move.
Find out about your true feelings, as well as hers. If you both like each other, don't hesitate to make a move. I mean, Mr. Lee would probably chop our neck off if he found out, but after all, we're boys, right?"

Hyung smiled weakly.

"I wish I could be confident as you, Jongin. You can always make a girl fall in love with you, and find out your true feelings towards someone. Not to mention, you're younger than me.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if you were a playboy back in highschool."

I chuckled.
"Actually, I've never dated anyone. Please wipe out that look off your face hyung, I'm also a . And about finding out my true feelings, I don't th-"

I froze, repeating what I've just said in my mind.

 

"Never mind. Forget about what I said, okay?"

I quickly ran to my room and shut the door, leaving a confused Kyungsoo hyung in the kitchen, staring at the spot where I'd been standing just a few seconds ago.

 

-     -      -     -      -      -

Yayayayay a doublellie!

Now I have to do my homework...

and report cards are coming up next week....

and EXO's comeback...

Oh My GOD

...forgive me if I don't write for a couple days...