The Performance

Pursuing Dreams

Guys I'm so sorry for not updating... I blame it on homework..

Oh also I'm starting a new fanfic, and it's a Chanyeol fic...

I'll upload it soon, and thanks for everything:)

(that was realllyyy cheesy)

-     -     -     -     -     -

 

 

CHAPTER 14

D-day

Jamie POV

Today was the day we'd present the songs. I sat down with Kai and waited for our turn.

For the past few days, I felt myself growing closer to him.
Surprisingly, he was less arrogant and more of a caring gentleman.

I spent a lot of time with him, and we also talked a lot. He told me about himself, and I did too.

I realized that he and I were getting closer. I wondered if I should be doing this, allowing him to know my true off-screen self.
I quickly shook off the doubt about him and focused on the group performing.

Gina and Sehun were on the 'stage', which was just the normal set with darkened lights and one bright light focussed on the group, while the others were just backstage.

They were performing a remix version of Crayon, a well-known Korean rap song by G-dragon. They took turns rapping a couple lines, and did little guestures.

Their rapping had a great flow as usual, but I didn't have a chance to swoon at it, since I was nervous.

I was shaking by the time Reowook introduced us to the camera, and Kai, standing next to me, whispered,
"Its going to be great. Don't get nervous. I know you'll do a great job."

I was slightly shocked at his words. He wasn't obiously doing it for the camera, since no one was filming us.

I nodded lightly and replied back,
"Thanks. You too. Fighting!"

Kai grinned and answered,
"Fighting!"

Before he went up to start his solo, he gently took my hand and squeezed it.

The instant our hands touched, I felt a surge of power shoot through. I slowly looked up from our entertwined hands to Kai's face.

He was... Gorgeous.
I'd never seen a boy, half good looking as him, right that moment. He didn't have any special makeup or hairstyles that made him look amazing, but he just was.

I heard the faint sound of stage lights turning on, and I softly pushed Kai towards the stage stairs.

He looked at me and whispered one last time,
"Fighting, Jaeyoung."

After he flew up the stairs, I stood blushing madly.
He had called me by my real name.
It had never sounded so gorgeous before.
He had said it, like it had a meaning to it...

I quickly snapped out of my thinking mode and walked up to the end of the stairs.

I began counting the beats left until I would go up.

Four...

Three...

Two...

I heard the familiar melody, and stepped into the stage.

One.