With the Kai-jerk

Pursuing Dreams

CHAPTER 10

D-5
(D-day until the duet performance)

Jamie POV

Okay. Breath in. Breath out.
ARRRGGHHHHHH

This was not working. At all.

After our partners were called, we got 10 minutes of break time before recording with the seperate groups.

In the ten minutes, I conveniently stomped to my brother and raged out.

The Kai-jerk was literally hiding behind oppa as if he got freaked out by my explosion. He was such a .

After the raging, I went and begged to the producer.
"Can I please please please change partners? My dear life depends on this. Please!"

Despite all my begging(which included my aegyo), he stood firm and shook his head no.

Before I left, he turned and told me,

"If you want to convince someone with your aegyo, make sure you work on it. To be honest, it's absolutely terrible. You know what? You should learn from Sehun! That kid's an aegyo god."

I took this as my cue to leave.

The staff members called for us through the megaphone.
When we all got to the head staff, he told us that we would go into our groups, and will be given a recording room. Of course, there would be a couple of cameras filming our every move, so we had to be on our best behaviors.

I groaned at the thought. If the cameras weren't there, god knows what I would've done to Kai-jerk.

Suddenly, I felt a soft sqeeze on my shoulder.
I turned around quickly to face Hana, with her hand on my left shoulder.

I sighed and spoke in English,
"God, Hana, what am I going to do? You know how much I hate that Kai-jerk!"

She smiled, wiggling her eyebrows.
"So you already gave him a nickname? Aww, that's just sweet!"

I gave her my most menancing glare.

Hana waved her hands and defended,
"Okay okay I was just kidding! I actually don't think Kai sunbae's not that bad, though. He said hi to me and we kinda talked..."

I raised my eyebrows.
"Really, Hana? Really?"

Hana sighed.
"I give up. Maybe he'll do something and you'll change your thoughts about him and maybe you two will-"

I slapped my hand over before she could say more.
"Hana, I think that's enough. Now can you please go to your partner? I seriously think I'm starting to have a headache."

With that, I turned around just in time to see Kai-jerk peering at me.
I sighed and announced,

"Let's go in the room before I change my mind about debuting."

. . . . . . . . .

Our cameraman had set up 2 portable cameras in front of us, two at the sides, and he was carrying one.
Yup, I was literally forced to be on my best behavior.

I gave a huge fake smile to the camera and tried to make a conversation with Kai-jerk.
"Oh gosh I'm so excited! So should we choose the song?"

I could see him raise his eyebrows before replying,
"Yeah, sure. Reowook hyung gave me a list of songs we could choose from. Here."

He handed me a sheet of baby blue paper.
On the top it read,
'to the Kai-Jamie couple-"

Wait.
Kai.
Me.
A goddamn couple?
I had to breath in deeply before I countinued reading.

'The choice of songs below are pop songs you will be performing, and we'd like you to choose a song that contains rap and vocal.'

Hmm. Not so hard.
I read along the list. I knew almost all the songs listed, since I grew up in Canada.

But one song that really caught my eyes were...

'What Makes You Beautiful' by One direction.

Yes, it was a couple years old, but it was still very famous in Canada. A lot of my friends back in Canada were Directioners, and I smiled at the thougt of them, watching the music video and bawling and arguing over who was the hottest.

I quickly told Kai about the song, and he agreed.

But... I felt as if the song wasnt enough to impress the audience by itself.
I kept thinking until... A brilliant idea popped in my head.
I grinned confidently, knowing it would work for sure.
 

.   .   .   .   .    .

You guys all know how much I love comments<3