Dork

Light House

 

 

Ji-Eun peaked her head into Kai’s room and saw that he was still sleeping soundly. She then tip-toed her way over to his bed to feel his head, checking to see if his fever went down, and much to her relief, it had… A lot actually.

She exhaled a sigh of relief as she sat down in the chair next to his bed. She waved her hand in front of his face to see if he was still really sleeping, and once she was felt truly convinced she propped her elbows onto his bed, resting her head in the palm of her hands and dreamily stared at the sleeping boy in front of her. She carefully examined his features and as she did she remembered the last words he had said to her before he had passed out:

“I think I love you.”  Those words repeated in her mind over and over again like a sweet melody. She wasn’t sure if she should take it as a confession though, since he wasn’t exactly his normal self at the time. She came up with many reasons as to why she should ignore it, but she just couldn’t. Who knew five simple words could make her heart race? Though very simple, those words were the sweetest she’s ever heard, just the thought of them made her smile.

She was so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn’t noticed that Kai had woken up, or that he was now watching her with complete admiration.

She directed her gaze back down to Kai, who’s eyes were closed again.

She sighed as she got up to leave but was taken by surprise when Kai suddenly grabs her wrist, pulling her onto the bed, rolls both  of them over so he’s now almost practically on top of her, and wraps his arms around her so she couldn’t move. Ji-Eun remained completely still as she realized how close they were, and a huge grin appeared on Kai’s face.

“Kai?” Ji-Eun whispered out. She wasn’t sure if he had done this in his sleep or if he was awake and did it purposely, but she found out when she felt his body shaking from laughter.

“You’re awake?!” she asked, causing Kai to finally burst out into laughter.

She then tried to get out of his embrace, only to have Kai tighten the hug. She still struggled to release herself, but froze when she felt him loosen his grip and ask, “Can we please just stay like this? ..If only for a few more minutes?”

The way he asked, it didn’t exactly sound like he was proposing a question but more rather like he was begging. Honestly, she would have continued attempting to get out of his reach if only she hadn’t heard the lonely and sadness clearly evident in his voice.

Kai nestled his head into her soft hair, taking in the scent of her strawberry shampoo, his new favorite scent.

He was happy having her in his arms, he felt like a child during Christmas. She was a gift that he cherishes most, something he’ll never want to let go of. He was content waking up and seeing her still there. So this is what it likes having someone care for you and you care for them back?, he began to wonder.

His thoughts were interrupted when his stomach growled… Loudly.

Ji-Eun laughed as she sat up as Kai laid completely still, trying to conceal his embarrassment.

Ji-Eun, still laughing, pulled his arm and dragged him out of bed, “We can’t let you starve now can we?” Kai was still embarrassed, but he followed her, making sure he kept his head down so she wouldn’t see the blush that had crept onto his face.

When they stepped into the kitchen Kai was able to smell the soup he had seen earlier, and he began to unconsciously his lips. Ji-Eun noticed and laughed again as she went to grab a bowl for him. She reached for a bowl and her fingertips barely touched them. She jumped up, causing the bowls to come down. She closed her eyes tightly, expecting feel the pain and hear the sounds of the glass breaking on the floor. After a few seconds she opened her eyes, curious as to why they hadn’t come crashing down on her only to see Kai’s arm reaching above her from behind, holding the bowls.

“Midget.” he jokingly called out, as he pulled out two bowls and put the rest back into the cabinet.

“Giant.” Ji-Eun barked back, as she snatched the bowls from his hands and headed over to the pot which was still resting on the stove. She spooned some soup into the bowls and brought them over to the table, where Kai was anxiously waiting spoon-in-hand.

Once she placed his bowl down, he immediately began eating. He was being so messy that soup was flowing down his chin, down his bowl, and on the table. The coolest kid in school was now sitting in front of her eating like a complete dork. Ji-Eun couldn’t help but laugh at the sight. She was too preoccupied with watching Kai that she hadn’t even touched her bowl yet.

What a dork, she thought to herself as she began shaking her head. But he’s the dork I love.

 


iu-reveals-cf-teaser-slurping-down-noodl


 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry this update is kinda short. I have a terrible migraine and am going to take a nap, but I wanted to update at least a little haha. If I wake up before the nights over I’ll update again, if not I’ll update Saturday morning!

On another note, I found this picture of IU and just HAD to use it! Lolls.

So yeah, comment what you think or if you have any requests! Please & thankyou!:D <3 xoxoxo