Dream or Reality

Light House

 

 

Kai looked down at Ji-Eun, who was hopelessly trying to avoid making eye contact with the former. He found her actions rather amusing, and was trying to hold back the laugh that was desperately trying to escape his mouth.

The next thing he knew he had kissed her, his mind was completely blank and it took him a few seconds to realize what he was doing and when he did, almost instantly pulled himself off of her.

All Ji-Eun could do was lay there, completely stiff, eyes still wide. She woke up from her trance, however, when she heard her mother walking up the steps. She quickly got up and sat at her desk, allowing her hair to fall over her shoulders and hide her reddened face. Kai, too, sat down right as her mother walked in.

“Hi kids,” she said cheerfully, completely oblivious to the tension and awkward filled silence. Luckily, she only stayed for about a minute or two. After sitting the tray of snacks down. she talked to Kai for a little before she left.

Ji-Eun couldn’t help but notice how calm he sounded. How could he be so calm, while I’m over here being a complete mess, she began to wonder, unconsciously combing her hands through her hair, something she often does when she’s nervous. She wasn’t wrong though, she was so flustered that it’s been five minutes and she still wasn’t able to formulate any words.

After her mother left, the two began working. The room was completely silent most of the time. They only talked when they needed to.

They finished around eleven o’clock and Kai went home. She  walked him to the door, both still quiet and said bye. Kai avoided meeting her gaze, not only from embarrassment from what happened earlier, but also because he didn’t want to hear her thoughts. He just couldn’t bring himself to look into her eyes.

He sighed heavily as he lightly punched his head with his fist. “Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.” he said to himself, repeatedly. His mind punished him and told him that what he did was wrong, but his heart was telling him something else. He placed his hand over his racing heart as he thought back to the kiss, a smile unconsciously forming on his lips.

That was the first time he ever kissed a girl, the first time he’s ever felt so nervous and yet so happy, all at the same time.

Why am I like this? he asked himself as he looked up at the night time sky, looking for guidance, but receiving no answer.


 

Ji-Eun waited outside of class for five minutes. She wasn’t prepared to see Kai yet. She sighed as she finally worked up enough courage to poke her head in to see if Kai had entered, and to her relief he wasn’t there yet. She didn’t want to see him now, just the thought of seeing him flustered her. Shee walked over to her seat and directed her gaze out the window. The first thing that caught her eye was a big tree in the middle of the courtyard, she remembered how for the past three years she had seen Kai sleeping there like a complete angel. Her thoughts were interrupted with:

“Hey, did you hear about Kai?” she heard some girl say, immediately catching her attention.

“What happened?” you shouted out, a bit too loudly, capturing the attention of the students that had already entered the class, and even a few in the hallway. They all stared at you bug-eyed because this was the first time they’ve heard you yell, let alone speak.

Before the girl could answer the teacher started to speak and started the class.

Ji-Eun couldn’t focus on her words though, she was too worried about Kai. What if he got hit by a car after leaving? What if he got attacked leaving? Oh my gosh, what if he got kidnapped?

Her mind was in a complete frenzy and all she could do was come up with horrible scenarios.

She irritatedly combed her fingers through her hair, as she impatiently waited for the break. Once the bell rang, she sprang out of her seat and ran to her locker.

She pulled her phone out and called Kai, but there was no answer. Her heart dropped.

She dejectedly closed her locker, but was shocked to see a boy standing behind her. It was Chanyeol, one of the most popular seniors in the school, and also one of Kai’s childhood friends.

“Are you Ji-Eun?” he asked ignoring your bow.

“Y-yes,” you stammered out, confused at why he was speaking to you,and the uncomfortable feeling of about twenty girls staring at you with hate-filled eyes.

“It’s about Kai.” he said, noticing how your face lit up at the mention of his name, causing him to giggle. “He’s really sick. Almost delirious, ya know? He asked me to take care of him after school, but I’m a bit busy. Since he’s sick because of you, you do it.” he said as he tossed Ji-Eun the keys and walking away, not even leaving her enough time to reply.

She stood there completely dumbfounded at what had just happened.

Sehun walked up to Chanyeol, wide-eyed, “What did you just do?”

Chanyeol slung his arm around the maknae’s should with a mischievous smile spread across his face and replied, “I guess you could say I’m just helping out an old friend.”

 

The day dragged by slowly, and the next thing Ji-Eun knew, she was now standing on Kai’s door step. She put the key up to the lock, but didn’t feel comfortable enough to actually stick it in; instead she knocked. After about five minutes she heard the door unlock and the door slowly opened. It was Kai.

She noticed how he didn’t look so good. His signature tan skin was pale, he was sweaty, and he completely wreaked of medicine.

At first Ji-Eun thought he hadn’t recognized her because all he did was stand there, his gaze never changing. He didn’t greet her, or invite her in, he just stood there and stared at her blankly, Ji-Eun was taken at surprise when he had suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her in for a hug. Af first she tried to push him off, but seeing that it was no use, she gave in, also because she didn’t exactly hate being wrapped into his arms.

 

Is this real or a dream?, he began to wonder, it doesn’t matter, I’m just glad you’re in my arms. The next thing he knew, everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N): I'm sorry this was so late and a bit short, it took me such a long time to think of a way to continue the story, darn writer's block!>.<

Kai's sick!Oh nooooo :'3 Haha. Well, lemme know what you think!