Friends

Light House

Kai packed up their things and cleaned the table off. "How's your ankle?" He asked Ji-Eun.

She wriggle her foot and smiled, "It's fine." The two then left the library, neither of them saying a word. While walking out the library entrance Kai had a smile on his face. This is the most fun he's had in a long time, although it's something small, it's not going to be something he'll forget, and the same goes for Ji-Eun.

As they exited the school, they were instantly greeted with the cold winter air. Kai instantly took off his jacket and gave it to Ji-Eun, no matter how much she attempted to oblige. She felt bad for having his jacket since it was so cold.

Kai glanced over at her and read her mind, I hope he doesn't get sick because of me. He then chuckled to himself. "I'll be fine. Remember I jumped in the freezing river for you, and didn't get sick? I'm invinvible." he said, the smile never leaving his face.

Ji-Eun nodded and smiled and the memories of all the kind things he's done for her. She felt bad for acting weird around him, it wasn't exactly his fault that she had a dream about them. Since he doesn't know about it, she could just act normal and allow their friendship to progress. Ji-Eun was so lost in her own thoughts that she almost jumped when she heard Kai speak again. "Can I ask you something?" he asked, his voice sounding the most serious she's ever heard it.

She nodded and looked over at him, his face was just as serious as his voice, and Ji-Eun instantly began nervous. Can I ask you something, we need to talk, I'm sorry but; three phrases Ji-Eun hates to hear the most. She directed her gaze back at the ground, waiting to hear Kai's question.

"Were you mad at me?" Kai asked, looking down at Ji-Eun.

Ji-Eun was slightly taken aback at his question. She was also pretty shocked.  He thought she was mad at him?

She looked up at him and their eyes met. Ji-Eun noticed how lovely Kai's eyes were, there was something special about them, they were undescribable. 

Ji-Eun found herself getting more and more lost in his eyes, and when reality had finally hit, she abruptly turned her head and began to blush. He probably noticed that I stared for so long. Ji-Eun you really are a ert, she thought.

Kai looked away from Ji-Eun and directed his gaze up at the sky. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me." he said, not looking away from the sky. If he did look away, he would have ended up reading Ji-Eun's mind. It was hard for him, he wanted to know what she was thinking, he wanted to know what exactly was going through her head.

Ji-Eun looked over at him, and then looked up at the sky too. "No I wasn't mad at you. Just a bit confused."

Kai was happy. He couldn't prevent a smile from forming on his lips. She wasn't mad at me... She was just confused. .. Wait. Confused about what, he thought.

He glanced over quickly and could tell from her facial expression that she didn't want to talk about it. Although he really wanted to know, he didn't want to force her to do something she didn't want to do. 

She began to speak, but Kai quickly cut her off and asked, "So are we friends now?"

Ji-Eun was shocked, happy, and sad at the same time. Shocked, because he suddenly asked to be friends. Happy, because she wanted to be friends, she wanted to repay him for all the kind things he's done for her, and be someone he can depend on. Sad, because she knew that there wasn't much she could do for him, and also because she just might become even more of a burden to him. All she could do now though was smile and nodd. 

Kai tugged on her arm and dragged her to the other side of the school. "Where are we going?" Ji-Eun asked him. After alking for a few minutes she noticed that they were about to walk through the orchard. If this was anyother guy she'd be scared, but since it's Kai, she knew she could trust him. She decided to just follow his lead, and after a few more minutes they stopped. Ji-Eun couldn't reall see where they were since Kai was blocking the view and when she stepped aside he eyes widened at the sight of the beautiful clearing.

There was a park, bench, and a beautiful pond. Although it was pretty dark, Ji-Eun could see how beautiful it is. Kai then dragged her over to the swings, and sat down on one. They swang in silence before Ji-Eun spoke up, asking, "How'd you find out about this place?"

"My father had the park built for me, and I'd come here to play." He said.

"I bet your friends loved you even more because of this place!" Ji-Eun said, jokingly.

Kai was silent before he replied, "I didn't have friends." Ji-Eun was only silently shocked, since she heard from Suzy that Kai doesn't have any friends now.He continued, "My parents never came with me neither. I would just come here to think about things, and I still do now. .. You're the first person I invited here, so you should feel special."

Ji-Eun giggled and said, "Why thank you, I am honored," before she did a bow and laughed. 

Her smile suddenly faded whenever she remembered their project causing her to sigh. Kai looked over, and before he could ask what was wrong she asked, "What are we going to do about the project since we can't use the library now?"

"We can do it at my place or yours, whichever you prefer. Since tomorrows Saturday, we can just work on it a little tomorrow." he replied.

Silence filled the air again. Kai looked over at Ji-Eun who was leaning on the swing's chains. This girl goes to sleep so quickly, he thought to himself as he began to smile a bit.

 

Ji-Eun woke up in her bed. She quickly sat up when she remembered what had happened yesterday. She and Kai went to the library. Then to the clearing in the orchard. Then what? Now matter how hard she tried to concentrate, she couldn't remember what happened next, or how she got home. She slightly jerked when she suddenly heard an alert notification alarm go off on her phone. 

Uknown (8:43 am):  Rise and shine,

Ji-Eun furrowed her brows at the text. "Who is this?" She texted back.

Unknown (8:44 am): Your handsome partners.

Ji-Eun smiled at the reply. She should've known it was him, but how did he get her number? Her notification alarm went off again. 

Unknown (8:46 am): Let's work on the project today. Your place around eleven.

 

It was 11:15 and Kai still hadn't called or texted Ji-Eun. She wondered if he had forgotten and was slightly annoyed. As she went to go get a drink of water, she heard a voice that didn't belong to anyone in her house. She walked down the steps quickly to see who the mystery person was and to her surprise, it was Kai. He had on a loose striped sweater, black skinny jeans, and his hair was slightly disheveled, as usual. He was sitting on the couch talking to her mom, and when she came down they both looked up at her. "Annyeong," he said shyly, shockng Ji-Eun. Was the amazing Kim Jong In shy? She's never seen this side of him. Lately she's been seeing many new sides of Kai, she began to think to herself before her mom interrupted, "You didn't tell me you made a new friend!"

Ji-Eun laughed awkwardly before telling her mom that they should get started on their work. Her mom nodded her head and looked over at Kai, "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask!"  she said smiling at him and walking off.

So this is what it's like having nice parents, Kai began to think to himself. "Let's head up," Ji-Eun said awkwardly. 

When they entered her room Ji-Eun looked over at Kai and said, "You're the first friend to see my room! You should feel special!" 

They both laughed, remembering Kai saying the same thing last night.

Kai looked around her room. Her room was neat.. Like OCD neat, which made him laugh a bit. He continued looking around and saw some trophies, a few stuffed animals, and A LOT of books. But what really caught his attention were the old pictures of her. In most of them, she's smiling brightly, she looked happy, unlike she does now. He began to wonder why she wasn't the same, what exactly changed her. He snapped out of his thoughts when she called him over to her computer. The two sat down at her computer, they were pretty close, Ji-Eun didn't seem to notice since she was so absorbed in the work. However, Kai noticed and was slightly bothered by it. He looked over at Ji-Eun who was staring at the screen with her eyebrows furrowed. Kai then shook his head and focused on the work. After working for three hours straight Kai suggested that they take a break, and Ji-Eun agreed reluctantly.

Kai got up from his seat and laid on Ji-Eun's bed. Ji-Eun's eyes widened before she sternly told him to get off, but he didn't listen. Instead he sat up and had a smug look said, "Make me."

Ji-Eun scoffed and began tugging on his arm. Tired from puting up a strong fight, Kai surrendered and began to get off, but Ji-Eun hadn't noticed. She gave him one last hard tug, and they both went tumbling to the floor. Kai lay on top of Ji-Eun and looked down at her, his heart was now beating fast. His gaze lay on her face, and no matter how much he wanted to, he couldn't look away. Why am I like this? he wondered.

Ji-Eun,too,didn't move, but instead looked up at Kai. Neither of them moved, and neither of them said a word. Ji-Eun broke eye contact first. She looked left, then right, anyway was okay except his eyes. She did, however, look back up at him when she felt his warm, plump lips on hers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemme know what you think!:D<3

& Sorry, I didn't realize how long this chapter was as I typed!>.<