ert?

Light House

The two laid there in silence until Ji-Eun, almost unconsciously, spoke out, “That cloud looks like a flower.”

Her speaking so suddenly startled Kai as it interrupted his thoughts. He  looked over at Ji-Eun and heard her thoughts..

Smooth, Ji-Eun, reaaaaal smooth. Why on earth would you say something so lame in front of someone so cool? Stupid. Stupid, she thought, as she closed her eyes tightly, regretting saying what she had just said.

Kai smiled, and shook his head, “Nooo. It looks more like a four leaf clover, if you ask me.”

Ji-Eun was both shocked and glad that Kai joined in on this childish act, if he hadn’t, she probably would have died of embarrassment.

Kai was pretty shocked that he partook in such a childish thing, too. He’s never done something so childish, not even when he was a child, and at this realization he chuckled to himself. He didn’t mind it though, plus, to him the cloud really did look like a four leaf clover.

Ji-Eun cocked her head, trying to see it from Kai’s point of view and then shook her head and replied, “No, it’s a flower.”

“Nooo it’s a four leaf clover.” Kai replied.

Ji-Eun stayed quiet for a minute, and shook her head. “I think you’re mistaken.. It’s a flower” she said, grinning. The smile quickly faded when Kai suddenly rolled over onto his side, so that he was now facing her, and propped his head on his hand so that he was looking down at Ji-Eun, leaving their faces just inches apart and Ji-Eun feeling uncomfortable. “You mean a four leaf clover?” Kai whispered grinning cheekily at her.

Ji-Eun, clearly flustered, nodded her head, only so he’d stop staring at her and back away, which he did, causing her to release a sigh of relief.

Kai rolled back down and stared at the clouds with a smug and content look on his face.

Silence filled the air once again, and their minds began to wander elsewhere.

I haven’t felt this happy in a long time, Kai thought to himself, which was true. At this precise moment, he was so happy, so comfortable, and he was being himself. He hasn’t showed this playful side of himself to anybody. All the years that he blocked people off, it took this girl only a few days to get past his walls. He glanced over at Ji-Eun who had drifted off and was now sleeping soundly. He looked down at her and examined her features, he never really noticed how pretty she was. When he noticed a hair on her face, he unconsciousy reached to remove the strands but froze before he awkwardly withdrew his hand away from her.

 

Ji-Eun woke up when she heard the bell ring and was shocked to see Kai staring down at her. Ji-Eun, being the good student she was, quickly got up and told Kai that they had to go. Kai didn’t say anything, he just held out his hand, signaling Ji-Eun to help him get up, which she did. Once he had her hand, Kai pulled her down towards him. When Ji-Eun had noticed that she was now practically on top of him she tried to get up, but couldn’t because of Kai’s tight grip. Once she gave up she looked up at Kai, who was staring at her intently.

The two stared into each others eyes’ silently, and Ji-Eun noticed something different about Kai’s gaze. It was a gaze filled with want. Need. Lust, and before she knew it, he was slowly moving his head towards hers and his eyes began to close, as did hers. Although her eyes were close, she could almost sense him getting closer and closer.

 

“Ji-Eun.” Kai suddenly said. Ji-Eun’s eyes suddenly shot open and she looked over at Kai who was now standing up, looking down at her. “Did I fall asleep?” she asked.

“Yeah, class is going to start soon, we better hurry.” he said, holding his hand out to help her up.

Remembering her dream, she wanted to avoid physical contact with Kai and averted her eyes elsewhere, anywhere was okay, except his eyes.

What the heck, am I some type of ert, she wondered.

Slightly impatient, Kai cleared his throat.

Ji-Eun noticed that her mind had wandered off, and Kai still had had his hand extended to her. She looked at his hand, then his face and laughed awkwardly as she got up, bowed, and sped off in the direction of the school. Kai cocked his head at her strange behavior, but shook it off and headed to class.

 

Once Ji-Eun got to class, she laid her head down on her desk, not wanting to see Kai.

Why on Earth would I dream about Kai? It’s not like I like him or anything. Do I? No. No I don’t, silly. I’m truly convinced that I’m just a ert. A nasty old ert. I might as well get a “P” tattooed on my forehead.

Ji-Eun snapped out of her thoughts and rose her head as soon as she heard her teacher begin to speak.

“Class, today, I’ll be announcing your senior projects. You and your partner have to write a five page essay and give a fifteen minute presentation on your assigned topic.”

“Do we get to choose our partners?” a girl suddenly interrupted.

The teacher, clearly annoyed, answered,  “Yes.” And before she could continue speaking the class broke out into a frenzy, everyone visibly excited and trying to partner up with their friends.

Another girl called out, “Can I be Kai’s partner?” Thus, causing yet another ruckus, as about ten girls began to argue about who was going to work with Kai.

Kai, who had been looking out the window, didn’t bother to look away. He didn’t care much for partners, he works better alone, and prefers working alone anyway.

“Oppa, be my partner!” A girl suddenly screeched out as she grabbed on Kai’s arm. Kai shook his arm out of her grip and looked up at her, “No” he said slowly and coldly. Causing the girl’s heart to instantly break in two.

A few of the girls laughed as the dejected walked back to her seat, trying to keep her tears from falling.

The teacher who had noticed the whole ordeal suddenly spoke up, “None of you will work with Kai. I’ll just choose his partner for him, is that alright with you Mr. Kim,” the teacher asked, before getting an answer her eyes began to quickly peruse over the faces of the students, trying to find a partner suitable for Kai as quickly as possible.

Ji-Eun closed her eyes tightly. She knew the chances of her getting chosen as his partner were pretty slim since there were about forty students in the class, but she couldn’t help but worry. Don’t pick me. Don’t pick me. Don’t pick me.

“Lee Ji-Eun.” The teacher suddenly called out, causing Ji-Eun to jump.

“You don’t have a partner, do you?”

Ji-Eun looked over at Suzy, and was shocked to see her friend already partnered up with another girl.

“No.” Ji-Eun  muttered out, miserably.

“Then it’s settled, Kai and Ji-Eun, you two are partners.” The teacher said, satisfied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thanks for the encouraging comments!^-^ I hate writer's block, promise I'll get better!<3