Banned

Light House

 

 

 

Partners,  Ji Eun thought to herself.

She knew she’d be a bit awkward around Kai since she had that dream, but a very small part of her was happy that they were partners. If they weren’t, she would have been partnered up with someone that would have made her do all the work or Taecyeon, who would purposely make her miserable.

She sighed at the thought of being alone with Kai and began tousling her hair before she laid her head on the desk.

Why am I like this, she wandered, now sitting up and facing the chalkboard. We’re friends. .. Kinda. Enough, Ji Eun. You’re gonna do this well. Fighting.

She looked forward, full of determination.

That determination was lost soon though when she had noticed legs in front of her. She looked up to see Kai staring down at her, and at the precise moment, all her determination was gone.

“Hey.” Kai said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head, avoiding her gaze.

She obviously doesn’t want to be my partner, Kai thought. She must think I’m weird because I like to lay outside. Or maybe she’s annoyed by me. Kai’s mind was in a complete frenzy. When he got back to class he began to wonder why she ran off like that, and he noticed how she reacted when she was partnered up with him. Why the hell should I care what she thinks of me?, he thought, now getting a little fed up. This is why I don’t open up to people.

His thoughts were interrupted when Ji Eun spoke, “ Hey,” she said quietly.

Kai was annoyed. Not just at her, but himself. Why was he getting so worked up? He began to regret being nice to her. He regretted showing her the real him. He regretted allowing himself to even care in the first place. His normal, dis-interested face began to fade, and a new expression greeted Ji Eun… One of disgust.

Ji Eun instantly noticed and was shocked, but she wasn’t quite sure what to say.

“Let’s meet at the library after school.” Kai said, before leaving, not saying another word.

 

The day dragged on slowly, which Ji Eun didn’t mind since she wasn’t very excited to meet up with Kai. When the bell rang she sighed and left to put her things in her bag before she headed out to her locker.After putting things in, and taking things out, she closed her locker and was frightened at the sight behind the locker door. A group of three girls stood there, looking at her disgustedly, before one of them, who seemed to be the leader, stepped forward and pushed Ji Eun to the ground. She was so shocked, all she could do was just lay there in complete awe.

“Don’t try anything with our Kai you ,” she muttered out, clenching her fist.

“Try something, and you’ll face us,” another said.

All three glared down at Ji Eun but their glares faded, and before Ji Eun could wonder why, she could feel someone lifting her to her feet. She caught a quick glance of the boy’s face and realized it was Kai, who was now picking her things up off the floor.

“Oppa. I-I-” was all the girl could get out, before Kai shot her a look. Ji Eun didn’t see the look he gave, but it must have been pretty fierce since it got the girls to leave, silently.

After Kai put everything in Ji Eun’s bag he got up and tossed it over his shoulder and began walking in the direction of the library.

Ji Eun felt bad, she could carry the bag herself. She ran to catch up with Kai and tried to take the bag. Kai quickly shoved her hand away and looked down into her eyes, before smiling and walking off. His charming smile was enough to make Ji Eun quit protesting, it was even enough for her mind to go completely blank. All she could do was watch him walk down the corridor.

Paddam. Paddam. Paddam was all she could hear. She put her hand to her chest, as if worried that Kai may hear it, as if worried that cousins who lived in America could hear it. Why are you doing this, she thought, scolding her overly excited heart. She shook it off and caught up with Kai.

 

Before Kai had left class he began to think. Why did he get so worked up?

He realized that it was because at some point of time, he began to care for Ji Eun. Something he’s never done.

She’s special to him, and he doesn’t want to lose her. At first he thought it was strange since he barely even knew her, but ever since that day on the bridge he began to care,no matter how hard he tried to subdue and deny it, he cared. Each day, he began to care more and more for this stranger. He now felt an overwhelming urge to protect her. He didn’t know why, but he just felt it. He also realized that he wanted to know more about her, like her favorite color, her favorite food, favorite movie, favorite song, what she’s like. He wanted to know her better than she did, and he wanted her to know him better than he knew himself. But now things are awkward between them, and Kai decided that he’d take it upon himself to fix things and get them right. He wanted to show her that he’s a good guy, someone he can trust, someone she can depend on, but he just didn’t know how to tell her.

 

As they walked to the library in complete silence, he wondered more about it. But stopped when he noticed Ji Eun wince in pain.

“Are you okay?” He asked quickly before eyeing her up and down, concern spread across his face, and urgency in his voice.

Ji Eun smiled and nodded, but her face showed that she was in pain, and of course her mind, which Kai had read.

Kai grabbed ahold of her and helped her. It was easier and less painful for Ji Eun but she didn’t like them being so close so she attempted to wiggle her way out of his grip, which only resulted in him tightening his grip on her.

 

After what seemed like an eternity, they finally reached the library. Kai helped her into her seat, got all the books they needed, and sat down across from her.

They decided that they’d each read one book and after an hour discuss what they read.

They both read silently, and before they knew it, more than an hour passed. Ji Eun was first to notice. She glanced up from her book and looked out the window and realized that it was night time already. She looked over at Kai, and to her astonishment.. He was sleep.

She couldn’t help but look at him. He looked so peaceful and innocent as he slept. His face was like a work of art.

“Can I stop pretending like I’m sleep now?” Kai said, huskily, before lifting his head off the desk and smiling at Ji Eun who had a look that was a mixture of surprise and terror.

“I wasn’t staring.” She stammered out.

“I didn’t ask.” Kai said as he smiled smugly. “But who wouldn’t stare at this handsome face?” He asked as he began to rub on his face and smile goofily.

This was the real him. He’s not as strong as he tries looks. He’s still a kid at heart, a kid who needs love and attention. At first he was embarrassed that he had done that, and instantly began to regret it. He wanted her to get to know the real him, but maybe he should have done it little by little instead of going full speed. He was so worried, but that worry disappeared as he heard Ji Eun begin to laugh.

When he saw her laugh, he began to laugh along with her, which caused a few students to look over at them, and the librarian to shush them harshly.

After they looked at the librarian they looked back at each other and began to lay again.

The librarian came over and yelled, “This is a library, not an amusement park. This is a place for learning, how dare you be loud and interrupt other students? Get out now before I call security. You two are banned from the library for the rest of the year!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N): Hello to my 9 new subscribers!^-^ I hope you guys enjoy my story, and to my old subscribers, I hope you like this chapter. I'm still not exactly sure where this is going, but I hope you guys stick around to find out, eh? :D <3333333333333 ~Saranghaeyo