Realization

Light House

 

 

Kai’s obnoxious stomach gurgles woke him up. He groggily blinked his eyes open as sun rays protruded through his window and attacked his eyes.

He had moved out of his family’s home last month and never regretted it, but now he was feeling a bit regretful. After all these years he grew dependent upon being waited on, and now that he’s sick, he misses it. He honestly didn’t exactly know how to take care of himself, he wasn’t sure if you should eat when you’re sick, and right now, he could really go for some chicken noodle soup. He was too tired to do anything, but he was hungry and he knew that if he didn’t get up and eat, he’d starve. He sighed at this realization and used all of his strength to pull himself off his bed.

As he opened the door something excited one of his senses. It was a smell. Not just any smell, but… Soup was it? Chicken soup? He didn’t care what kind, he just wanted to find out where that wonderful smell was coming from.

He walked into his kitchen, and much to his relief, there was a pot of soup boiling over the stove. He quickly ran over to it to examine, and now he wasn’t quite sure if his mind was playing tricks on him or if there really was a delicious pot of stew right before his eyes. He unconsciously his lips, but his thoughts were interrupted when he heard foot steps.

Is there an intruder in my house? Hah! Jong-In, what kind of intruder breaks in to make soup? A friendly intruder? Hmm then who is it?, he wondered as he began to walk towards the hallway to see who the “intruder” was. Once he stepped around the corner he collided into someone, and they both collapsed onto the floor.

Kai closed his eyes tightly because the collision had made him dizzy, then the next thing he knew, he felt cool hands on his forehead. The coldness felt good on his hot, clammy skin.

He opened his eyes to see a worried Ji-Eun hovering over him. His jaw literally fell, and all he could do was stare at her with his dumbfound expression. When her eyes lowered to meet his, he could swear that his heart skipped a beat.

“J-Ji-Eun. What are you doing here?” he stammered out, still completely dumbfounded, and also a bit proud that he could formulate a complete sentence with his mind in a complete frenzy.

Ji-Eun noticed how close she was and quickly scooted away from him, leaving Kai a bit disappointed.

“Chanyeol-sunbaenim asked me to come since you were sick… Because of me.” she said, her voice in almost a complete whisper, but loud enough for Kai to hear.

Kai was confused as to why Chanyeol would invite her here, and when he noticed how guilty she looked he was going to tell her that he wasn’t sick because of her, but he kept his mouth shut at the realization of her staying by his side because of her guilt. He felt horrible, he wanted to tell her that it wasn’t her fault, but he couldn’t. He knew that if he’d tell, she’d leave him. He didn’t want to be alone, and for some reason, he wanted her by his side. He sighed as he began to wonder if what he was doing was wrong or not. His thoughts were interrupted when Ji-Eun suddenly stood up.

She quickly jumped up when she realized that they were still on the ground. She grabbed Kai’s arm lightly, not wanting to make contact with his bare arms. When she noticed how weak he was she pulled harder, a little too hard. Kai groaned in pain, and Ji-Eun quickly stopped and looked to examine him. Kai stared at her intently and couldn’t lie, he was enjoying this, a lot more than he should.

Once Ji-Eun realized he was okay, her eyes met with his. The two remained silent as they stared into each others eyes, neither wanting to look away. He heard her thoughts say: Keep calm, Ji-Eun. Just keep calm, before she broke eye contact first and got up, keep calm, he wondered. Keep calm? Maybe she feels the same way I do.

He got up and grabbed her wrist, shocking her as to how quickly his strength was regained.

“Keep calm.” he said quietly, shocking Ji-Eun and interrupting her thoughts.

“Keep calm? Is your heart beating as fast as mine?” he asked her, not giving her enough time to reply before continuing, “Do you feel the same way I do?” he asked.

Ji-Eun tried to snatch her wrist away from his grip, but it was of no use, his grip only tightened.

It’s just the medicine, Ji-Eun. It’s only the medicine, he’s completely delirious.

Kai couldn’t take it anymore. He yelled out, “I’m not delirious. It’s not the medicine. That night when I kissed you… I meant it. I don’t know when, but at some point in time, I began to develop feelings for you. I can’t really describe them, I’ve never felt this way, honestly. Right now, you’re the most important person in my life and.. I don’t know… But… Lee Ji-Eun… I may not know a lot things, but I think… I think  I’m in love with you.” he said, his gaze never leaving her eyes.

He stared at her  intently, waiting for a reply and was confused when he saw her begin to fade out of his vision, and heard her calling out to him, everything having an echo.

After a few seconds, all the sounds stopped, and everything was black. Am I dreaming? Or am I awake?, he wondered, although he hoped what had just happened was real. Whether it was a dream or reality, those words woke him up, and now he knows, he knows his feelings now. He’s in love with Ji-Eun.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

(A/N): Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Kai's in looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove lol. Well, thanks for reading this chapter, my lovelies!<3 :D