06

My Idiot, Kim Taeyang
Hana smiled at the two people in front of her. She could feel how close the two were and could not help but to wonder what would happen if they fought. Would they make up or would it be the end of their long friendship. "No, of course they will never fight," Hana thought. "Why am I even thinking of this?"
 
"Hana, walk faster. I'm already hungry," Taeyang grinned. Hana giggled and fastened her pace. She got in between both the boys and held their hands.
 
Seeing how Hana was holding Taeyang hand, Sehyuk's smile turned into a straight face. He didnt like how Hana came in between and held Taeyang's hand. This was suppose to be a time for Taeyang and Sehyuk to be together. Ever since she came into their life, Taeyang doesnt seem to give Sehyuk the same attention anymore and it pained his heart to be treated this way. He knows how much it excite Taeyang to have a new friend but just not Hana.
 
As they were nearing the restaurant, Sehyuk released his arm away from Hana and walked ahead of the both of them. He actually hoped that he could have dinner alone with Taeyang but the latter had to invite Hana. Knowing how much Taeyang would feel hurt, Sehyuk agreed to let Hana follow them.
 
"Sehyuk, are you that hungry that you're walking ahead of us?" Taeyang asked.
 
The said guy turned around and flashed a small smile before turning back to the front and Hana felt that something wrong was with him.

Sehyuk stayed awkwardly silent throughout and Taeyang doesnt seem to mind the change in him since he was busy opening up a new conversation with Hana. On the other hand, Hana didnt feel comfortable with Sehyuk's behaviour. As much as she wanted to think this is all her being paranoid, the way Sehyuk acts is just way different from how he treated her on the day he saved her from Raehwan.
 
Krrrkk. Sehyuk stood up from his chair and put down his utensils.
 
.. He look at both Taeyang and Hana who are also looking at him weirdly.
 
"Im going to the gents.." he walked off from that table without looking back. He is obviously annoyed at how his presence was ignored.
 
"I think I should go Taeyang," Hana said. She put her utensils down and stood up from the table.
 
"But why? Sehyuk just went to the toilet and now you're going to leave me?" Taeyang said sadly.
 
Hana felt guilty that she had to leave Taeyang but somehow she knew that Sehyuk was unhappy because of her. She could feel it. How he looked at her and his actions showed everything. "I'll see you tomorrow okay? I really have to go now," Hana said and walk away from the table
 
Taeyang's shoulder drooped and he did not have any appetite to eat. He was really looking forward to eating dinner with a new friend. Now that Hana had left, Taeyang felt like it was his fault that the girl left.
 

“Sehyuk ssi must have disliked me” Hana walked towards the door with he head hung low. Without a notice, she was pulled to the side.

Sehyuk looked at her sternly. Nothing can be said. He didn’t know what to do other than staring at her. His world seems to stop. His gaze soften.

On the other hand, Hana is frightened. She’s expecting to hear things like him not allowing her to be with Taeyang but nothing came. She’s confused at how his eyes showed her a different feel.

Sehyuk forced a smile, “Pabo.. Don’t leave Taeyang like that.. He will be sad.”
Hana’s expression changed. She did not expect those words from Sehyuk. She was speechless all of the sudden. “We should get back to the table. You don’t want Taeyang to be lonely right?” Sehyuk said and walked ahead first. Finally realizing what had happened, Hana followed behind Sehyuk and took her place at the seat once again.
 
“Oh… You’re not leaving yet Hana?” Taeyang asked happily. His eyes shined bright all of the sudden. Hana smiled slightly and shook her head.
 
“My mum told me I could stay longer as long as I’m back before nine,” Hana lied.
 
Sehyuk let out a sigh and looked at Hana and then at Taeyang. It was the first after a few years he saw Taeyang that happy. The first was when he promised Taeyang that he would protect him like a brother. Seeing that there was Hana now, he had a rival. A rival he did not expect at all.

 

“Hana~ Let Sehyuk send you home for tonight since its all the way at my neighbourhood now.” Taeyang didn’t feel right to let Hana go off alone after sending him all the way to his door front. He looked at Sehyuk with his puppy eyes pleading to send her home
 
“Aigoo… you sure know how to take advantage of my weaknesses!” Sehyuk ruffled Taeyang’s hair. Sehyuk nodded in agreeement.
 
Seeing how smiley Sehyuk seem, Hana agreed to it too. She didn’t want Taeyang to worry about her therefore she agreed to this. They bid goodnight to Taeyang and walked away from the neighbourhood.
 
Silence grew as they walked further away from Taeyang’s house. Neither of them knows how to start a conversation. It was never difficult for either of them to speak with Taeyang, its just different.
 
“Um… Sehyuk ssi..  I think its alright for you to head home now.. I can call a cab.” Hana tried to break the silence. Sehyuk didn’t reply and keep going forward. It was akward enough for her to be ignored so she kept quiet and continue walking.
 
A sudden warmth touched her hand. Hana wanted to pull her hand away but the grip got tighter instead. She was shocked but not frightened. Looking up, she saw Sehyuk beside her, holding her hand while walking with a straight face.
 
"I don't think you should hold my hand Sehyuk ssi," Hana said truthfully.
 
Sehyuk sighed and looked at her. "What if there's a drunk person or snatch thief? You can't protect yourself right," said Sehyuk and he turned back to the front.
 
Hana bit her lower lips and nodded her head. She felt really guilty inside. What if Taeyang saw this? Would he be happy? Sad? Angry? Pushing the thought away, Hana pulled her hand away from Sehyuk. "I don't need your protection Sehyuk ssi. I'm fine by myself," she told him confidently. Not listening to Hana, Sehyuk held onto Hana's hand once again and pulled her back home.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Dugeun dugeun dugeun
.
Terribly sorry for not updating for sooooooooo long.
Both of us had a writer's block for so long.
Ideas wont come in and yeah.
Im really sorry for making you guys wait.
Thanks for staying with me till this far.
;_;
You guys are wonderful~ ^^

eue Sehyuk is being all emotional~~~~~~~~~
I realised his character here isnt the same with his "unfriendly" character in real life.
Totally different!
So I kinda made it different for his character towards the end of this chapter.
What do you think? Should Sehyuk be his cheery self or his "unfriendly" one?
(orz "unfriendly" really sound wrong.)


Ok this is very lenghty. I love you guys really.
(sarang)(sarang)

-UnicornL.